It is happening! IT IS HAPPENING! We did it folks! WE DID IT

Discussion forum related to Nostalrius Begins in general.

Re: It is happening! IT IS HAPPENING! We did it folks! WE DI

by firevoodoo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:56 pm

47 k views of Vanilla announcement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcZyiYOzsSw
424 views of EU vers of new xpack announcement (and its beautiful btw). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa7E74C9pdk
firevoodoo
Private
Private

by Keldan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:57 pm

firevoodoo wrote:47 k views of Vanilla announcement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcZyiYOzsSw
424 views of EU vers of new xpack announcement (and its beautiful btw). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa7E74C9pdk

This is just because YT has not unlocked the counter. They first check on all videos with enough traffic if it's not because of bots trying to make money. Should be displayed correctly in a short amount of time.
Keldan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gokan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Twice more views for new xpack atm, still impressive to see such a small difference between both. Anyway I don't need 10M players to enjoy the legacy experience, a good 5-10K is already good enough and we know it thanks to Nostalrius.
Gokan
Private
Private

by VidocQ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:46 pm

Finally, now I understood why Daemon and Viper ....... decided to send the nucleus of Nostalius to Elysium and after 5 days closed the transfer and demanded that Elysium remove the core and the database !!! They even then learned from Blizzard about the announcement! Because no one knew why Nostalius gave the back !!! And here is the answer, it was an announcement but hidden)))

I want the Blizzard to give the name to the one realm - server Nostalrius !!!
Nostalius deserved it !!!
im /played 27day 12 hours.... on Nostalrius VidocQQ
VidocQ
Sergeant
Sergeant

by VidocQ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:52 pm

I hope that one server name will be honored by Nostalius
im /played 27day 12 hours.... on Nostalrius VidocQQ
VidocQ
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ayumi » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:48 am

I would hold your horses.

Blizzard has endless possibilities to screw this one up.
They said it will be some kind of "different experience" and IMO adding in "just some Quality of life improvements" or "Balancing" or "adjusting stuff" will be a safe way to ruin it.

If they don't keep it pure and original, free of all "quality of life """Improvement""", then I won't touch it.

Also comparing a cinematic with a plain announcement is not really fair. Take a look at reddit and see where the Classic announcement is (its r1 /all btw)

Anyway, please keep vanilla original and real and don't bastardize it with quality of life or whatever.
However, there might be hope.

""We’re going to hire people specifically for this job, and we’re going to staff it with people who are interested in bringing back Classic WoW in the best, most authentic way," Brack says. "And that’s how we’ll be successful.""

So there is hope. If they manage to bring it back in its original form it would be hype af.
Ayumi
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Winterflaw » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:50 am

Jesus Christ don't be so bloody naive.

Ever bought a fake? the guy selling it to you will tell you every damn thing you want to hear.

Nost tried with Bliz to get Vanilla and Bliz totally screwed them over.

Bliz *used* Nost - pure stalling tactics. Six months without even a *reply*. All emails *ignored*.

*YOU CANNOT TRUST BLIZ*.

What's more, you cannot trust Bliz with *WOW*. They have NO FUCKING CLUE WHY VANILLA IS GOOD.

For the love of God, the very last people you want running Vanilla are the idiots who made RETAIL and think it's GREAT.
Winterflaw
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ayumi » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:12 am

Apparently a completely different team is working on classic, while the "original" team remains to work at Retail WoW and its expansion.

Who exactly that new team is wasn't mentioned.
Ayumi
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sirganksalot » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:28 am

LEGACY:
"Denoting or relating to software or hardware that has been superseded but is difficult to replace because of its wide use."
Sirganksalot
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to General discussion