Starting at 2.4?

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Starting at 2.4?

by Tumi1993 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Will the original TBC server, launch as 2.4 or as blizzlike? So we wont be able to jump straight into Sunwell?
Tumi1993
Tester

Re: Starting at 2.4?

by Robotron » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:52 pm

I'd imagine it'd be like Nost Vanilla is. We have a 2.4.3 client, meaning fundamental mechanics, talent trees, etc, will be as they were in 2.4.3, but all content beyond 2.0.1 will be disabled, and things like instances will be in their pre-nerf states.

However, them getting raids right will be an incredibly hard task, since very few players saw all of SSC/TK before 2.1, and things worked vastly differently. A lot of what we have to go on is rumours and hearsay as opposed to solid fact.

For example, I know the SSC Bog Lords hit harder (how much harder? No idea) and had ~800k HP each as opposed to ~600k after 2.1. Plus, they'd have to screw around with how trash worked. SSC trash (TK, too?) had a 45 minute respawn timer instead of 2 hours. I don't even know if SSC trash was linked to bosses before 2.1.

Also, I wonder which version of Magtheridon they'd implement. Originally, you needed 20 cube clickers.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by zmandude24 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Hopefully this time they will adjust the boss' health and damage values to account for the 2.4 talents. They didn't do it for the vanilla raids and as a result they are too easy with an effective nerf somewhere around 30% overall. This is more prevalent on the PvE server where roughly half of the raiding guilds are farming MC.
zmandude24
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Robotron » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:26 am

They don't need to do any non-Blizzlike adjustments if they release everything pre-nerf. Trust me.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Flash » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:05 am

If they decide to go with a similar way like on nost vanilla, then Mystical Skyfire Diamond could make pvp... Interesting: https://youtu.be/LF7JlWp6UnA?t=3m
Flash
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:29 pm

I don't understand the gear in this video. I saw a Paladin in T2.5 (or at least the helm), a Hunter in what looks like level 60 PVP gear, and a Draenei Shaman with the T1 helm.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Uzephi » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Robotron wrote:I don't understand the gear in this video. I saw a Paladin in T2.5 (or at least the helm), a Hunter in what looks like level 60 PVP gear, and a Draenei Shaman with the T1 helm.

PVP in 2.0 pretty much. That meta gem originally gave a chance on spellcast to have the next spell be instant cast. After 2.1 they watered it down to reduces cast by 50%. 2.0 epics weren't much better than T2 and up until 2.1 this is why you see people in 2.0 PVP videos still rocking their level 60 epics, gear wasn't immediately replaced until the level 70 gear was buffed.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Flash » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Robotron wrote:I don't understand the gear in this video. I saw a Paladin in T2.5 (or at least the helm), a Hunter in what looks like level 60 PVP gear, and a Draenei Shaman with the T1 helm.

Blizzard re-used level 60 models but with different colors for just random blues from dungeons in TBC. There's a possibility that some of them got their own model later on.
Flash
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot about the "T3.5" dungeon blue set and the recolours. I remember having a black Bloodfang hat in 2.0.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Dr. Doom » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Pre-nerf raids and also, the attunements need to be mandatory like they were prior to the Zu'lAman patch.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Next

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion