Getting a head start

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Getting a head start

by Daedalos » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:44 am

Hello Nostalrius.

I am more attracted to the 2.4.3 end-game, that I am to the 1.12.1 one. But from level 1-58, it's practically the same.

Nostalrius wrote:Characters already created on our Vanilla PVP & PVE servers will be able to be copied on the TBC realm under condition, not to have a negative impact on the economy

This allows us to start a character now, on the 1.12.1 server, and ultimately move it to the 2.4.3 realm, once it's released. I don't play very often, and this would allow me to enter Outland, if not at release, then a little after.

There has been some speculation about character-transfers only being from PvP to PvP server, and so forth. It seems fair, as leveling on the PvP server at the moment, can be a real nuisance!

How would a PvE server work exactly, in the 2.4.3 expansion? Because we still had World-PvP capture points(like Halaa), and I guess being near those, would PvP-tag you?

Regards,
Daedalos
< Daedalos > Tauren Druid [PvP]
Leatherworking, Skinning, Cooking, Fishing
Daedalos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Getting a head start

by Robotron » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:52 am

Ewww, a cow.

As for head starts, you really get one if you're in T2 or better, since that gear actually lasts for several levels. Naxx gear isn't replaced until 70. And I'm pretty sure PVP areas flag you no matter what.

If you think world PVP is bad now, wait until you're in Hellfire at launch with 10,000 people.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Daedalos » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:07 am

Robotron wrote:Ewww, a cow.

As for head starts, you really get one if you're in T2 or better, since that gear actually lasts for several levels. Naxx gear isn't replaced until 70. And I'm pretty sure PVP areas flag you no matter what.

If you think world PVP is bad now, wait until you're in Hellfire at launch with 10,000 people.

Ewww, an UD scrub.

I get that Tier2 and end-game gear would boost your start in Outland. But I'm not interested in aiming for that content. I simply do not put enough hours into the game, sorely for raiding purposes.

What would be the pros/cons of both PvP and PvE servers in the 2.4.3 patch? I understand how it works in 1.12.1, but It seems to be a tiny bit different in TBC.
Daedalos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Uzephi » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:28 am

How it worked in retail pve servers and still works on them is you have to manually flag yourself (/pvp until 2.3 when right clicking portrait feature was available) to help capture and objective in Outland. Auto flagging in pve realms didn't happen until PvP specific zones like wintergrasp was introduced.

If they itemized the items pre 2.1, your T2 would be better than T4 until they upgraded the items and added item ratings. (Hit/crit rating instead of % which made T2 and T3 still better until that happened).
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Daedalos » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:16 pm

Uzephi wrote:How it worked in retail pve servers and still works on them is you have to manually flag yourself (/pvp until 2.3 when right clicking portrait feature was available) to help capture and objective in Outland. Auto flagging in pve realms didn't happen until PvP specific zones like wintergrasp was introduced.

If they itemized the items pre 2.1, your T2 would be better than T4 until they upgraded the items and added item ratings. (Hit/crit rating instead of % which made T2 and T3 still better until that happened).

Exactly why I'm concerned about an overpopulated PvP server. If you're fighting for mobs, against fully geared T2 players, you're going to have a bad time.
Daedalos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Robotron » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:41 pm

Daedalos wrote:Ewww, an UD scrub.

I get that Tier2 and end-game gear would boost your start in Outland. But I'm not interested in aiming for that content. I simply do not put enough hours into the game, sorely for raiding purposes.

What would be the pros/cons of both PvP and PvE servers in the 2.4.3 patch? I understand how it works in 1.12.1, but It seems to be a tiny bit different in TBC.

Scrub? Bitch, I'm already in full T2. Cows like you had butter learn their place.

I can see them making two servers since we already have a PVE server for Vanilla. It'd be weird to let PVE people copy move over to a PVP TBC server since a lot of people on the carebear server don't want to be PVP flagged ever, and TBC's world PVP was brutal while leveling. Everyone all in a zone or two plus ranged classes with flying mounts (legally) safespotting the shit out of lowbies.

Uzephi wrote:How it worked in retail pve servers and still works on them is you have to manually flag yourself (/pvp until 2.3 when right clicking portrait feature was available) to help capture and objective in Outland. Auto flagging in pve realms didn't happen until PvP specific zones like wintergrasp was introduced.

Ah, didn't know that about the objectives. I never played on a carebear server until Icecrown came out, and world PVP was completely dead. As for your second point, I thought they went to ratings immediately upon release. Even with ratings, full T3 was the best gear you could get until you got quite a few level 70 epics.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Uzephi » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:28 pm

Robotron wrote:Ah, didn't know that about the objectives. I never played on a carebear server until Icecrown came out, and world PVP was completely dead. As for your second point, I thought they went to ratings immediately upon release. Even with ratings, full T3 was the best gear you could get until you got quite a few level 70 epics.

All good. I double checked, and rating was introduced in 2.0 (my bad, memory<fact). I just know pve servers as my friend is a carebear and the only way to play with him is to be on the same realm, so I was stuck on a pve realm. :/

The stat difference from 2.0 and 2.1 is insane though. Below is just one armor set and you can see the difference O.o

https://web.archive.org/web/20070220130 ... ?setid=622 stats for rogue T4 at launch.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071013075 ... ?setid=622 Stats after 2.1 for rogue T4... Just the agi difference alone is noteworthy... 100 extra agi on 5 pieces of armor after the adjustments...
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Robotron » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:20 pm

That's not Tier 4. Tier 4 is Netherblade, and Tier 5 is Deathmantle.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Daedalos » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:48 am

Robotron wrote:Scrub? Bitch, I'm already in full T2.

Doesn't make you less of a scrub.

Are you saying, that we'll see zero interest in Halaa, for example, on a PvE server?
Daedalos
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Uzephi » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:38 pm

Robotron wrote:That's not Tier 4. Tier 4 is Netherblade, and Tier 5 is Deathmantle.

Either way, still show how horrible the tier sets were before the buff.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion