Concerns and suggestions related to testing

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Concerns and suggestions related to testing

by Milkperfive » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Hey so right now it has been said you wish us to test PvP and Hellfire ramparts.

as of typing this there are 49+ horde online and 11 alliance, the reason being everyone is using the wsg mark of honor turn in spam to get to 70 and horde has it easymode while alliance is a giant pain in the a**, so everyone is rolling or rerolling horde which is not good when we wants people to do pvp.

I know manually levelling up to test quests and such is important but as a member of the dev team has said for right now pvp and ramparts testing is important and there will be various wipes throughout the testing i feel just making an instant level 70 npc would fix the imbalance of horde to alliance as right now alliance side is dead, and i have yet to find any world pvp or bg's, a couple of people are queueing arena but to be honest i would rather BG

another point is can we add EOTS marks to the mount vendor with the other marks, currently at 70 all classes who wield a 2h can get a wep from the S2 vendor, for 27k honor and AV marks, anyone of us who is a duel wield class need EOTS marks and as there is no BG's running right now it is impossible to get weapons, creating a big imbalance right at the start in terms of pvp testing.

why allow us to get instant 70? well most people want to test pvp balance and as we all know its designed around max level, so giving us access to the 60-70 talents and points is more benificial. not to mention ramparts can still be done at 70 and hc ramparts too (although the post was not clear if its just normal or hc ramparts you wish us to test)

i know people see this wsg turn in as a bad thing but lets be real, this is a test server and people simply wanna test pvp/pve at max level and right now due to the ease of turn in horde outnumbers alliance by at least 5/1 currently.

I should mention i have a draenei shaman at 70 and the starting isle worked well even if the class quests were a pain in the a**, they all worked fine. i also have a 70 druid and a 63 hunter i am levelling manually so i can also test quests.

ramparts works fine with no real bugs (1 time the mobs from upstairs ran down and pulled everything) i guess some aoe bugged out and pulled them from upstairs. but aside from that no issues.

hopefully some of this cam be implimented as fast as the new level 60 npc and the npc to port us to outlands were, as every few hours the horde-alliance ratio just gets worse and worse. i am also fairly sure an insta 70 npc would tempt more people into testing on the server and we can start to get some bg's etc going, as there is simply not the numbers right now for that.
Milkperfive
Private
Private

Re: Concerns and suggestions related to testing

by Stondus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:09 pm

Milkperfive wrote:ramparts works fine with no real bugs

So have they fixed the AI of caster mobs yet (LOS:ing only gets them stop casting, they don't run anywhere), and the melee hitting like a wet sock (1 - 4 white dmg) ? My mage tanked first boss 2 days ago...
*********************************************************************************************
Okay, so it's allways Paragon vs Method vs some-unknown-guild on every tier.
Why not make things a bit more interesting, and make them ALL raid Vanilla instead?
Stondus
Grunt
Grunt

by Milkperfive » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Stondus wrote:
Milkperfive wrote:ramparts works fine with no real bugs

So have they fixed the AI of caster mobs yet (LOS:ing only gets them stop casting, they don't run anywhere), and the melee hitting like a wet sock (1 - 4 white dmg) ? My mage tanked first boss 2 days ago...

i noticed the casters can bug although havent ran it in over a day now, and yes the melee was also hitting like a wet sock, pretty sure that is not a bug and needs the damage of melee to be tuned in.
Milkperfive
Private
Private

by bakedgoods1312 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:51 pm

yea everything is how it should be just need tuning and a couple small fixes.
bakedgoods1312
Grunt
Grunt

by moodyblues4me » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Something else that can be done to help testing is gathering.... and then addiing to the AH what you don't need, it. - minerals (copper, iron, tin, etc.), herbs, etc. How can this help? I am working on the gem profession. Obviously, I need ore or the ore smelted and in bars. It takes more time to level mining and then gem. As I get htis leveled, I will put items on the AH that can be used for gear or whatever. I'm not looking to make but what the AH charges. Breakeven!

Beachy / Crimsontide
moodyblues4me
Private
Private

by Mikaza » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:54 pm

I just logged in to say thanks alot for testing the server :) people like you are what makes sure the rest of us gets a great experience! thank you.
Ssumday
Mikaza
Tester

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion