Beta Characters saved for offical release

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Beta Characters saved for offical release

by njia » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:24 pm

Hello

Short question. WIll the character I create on the BETA TBC server be saved for the official realse of TBC?

Will I be able to transfer it?

Cheers.
njia
Tester

Re: Beta Characters saved for offical release

by Mimma » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:26 pm

No and No.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Robotron » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:50 pm

lol
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by bakedgoods1312 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:49 pm

would be sweet if testers got some inscentive though such as getting a head start or something.
bakedgoods1312
Grunt
Grunt

by Mimma » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:55 pm

bakedgoods1312 wrote:would be sweet if testers got some inscentive though such as getting a head start or something.

They never do. Not in retail. Not in Nostalrius Vanilla. And devs already stated that the beta characters will be wiped. And possibly also during the test.
Mimma
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Robotron » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:03 pm

bakedgoods1312 wrote:would be sweet if testers got some inscentive though such as getting a head start or something.

That's retarded.

The head start you get is being able to practice leveling.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by Uzephi » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:09 pm

njia wrote:Hello

Short question. WIll the character I create on the BETA TBC server be saved for the official realse of TBC?

Will I be able to transfer it?

Cheers.

Tell me one time Blizzard did this on ANY of their games. Player test realms =/= live realms. I have been in a few of the blizzard PTRs and can say from personal experience, not just warcraft, D3 characters were also wiped. It is to test bugs and iron them out. Get things working.

Incentive for being on PTR? Getting to test and remember mechanics and quirks again. Like who really remembers the "wall" the tank is supposed to go for Prince Malchezzar in Kara? Or all the spawn points of the infernals? These are the things some testers will have the leg up on.
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Chirven » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:38 pm

The beta is meant for testing the stability of developed content. It's not there to be played as part of the Nostalrius server lineup, so suggesting that there should be rewards for testing is stupid. You are going on the beta to test, if you want to play then wait for the full release after vanilla.
Chirven
Private
Private

by bakedgoods1312 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:40 pm

whoah man i just said it would be sweet, i'm perfectly fine with what i'm doing right now.
bakedgoods1312
Grunt
Grunt

by Nano » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:23 pm

PTR accounts and characters will not be saved for the official release.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion