DC'ing

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

Re: DC'ing

by parmenides » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:08 pm

There's a warrior on alliance claiming that he tested Intimidating Shout, and that it kept disconnecting the realm. Like 5 times in a row, when he was using it just to see.

If you're disconnecting and hate the rollback, do this: make a macro, put .save in it, and put a very common ability to it. I have a mount macro with .save, /use Purple Elekk. Saves your character's state on use and can restore you closer to your state than the rollback would on disconnect. To me, it is a MUST with all the disconnects, as i've lost hours of progress from these rollbacks.

If it turns out that fear mechanics are DCing the realm, it may be helpful to advise everyone you see of the situation until its fixed, so that people aren't DCing the realm all the time.
characters: Parmenides, Discern, Respeccing (TBC PTR)
parmenides
Grunt
Grunt

by Ashrak » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:49 pm

Tested Intimidating Shout once in outlands and twice outside org, instant dc each time. Seems very possible that fear mechanics on warriors, but probably other classes as well kill the server.
Ashrak
Tester

by parmenides » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:11 pm

Ashrak wrote:Tested Intimidating Shout once in outlands and twice outside org, instant dc each time. Seems very possible that fear mechanics on warriors, but probably other classes as well kill the server.

Please post this on the tracker. This needs to be addressed as the server is crashing every 5-10 minutes, sometimes back to back, repeatedly. Some players are now abusing it to reset the server and farm. Some players log-in and fear to escape dying from mobs that respawned on server crash/reset, and crash the server again, and again.
parmenides
Grunt
Grunt

by Ashrak » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:15 pm

parmenides wrote:
Ashrak wrote:Tested Intimidating Shout once in outlands and twice outside org, instant dc each time. Seems very possible that fear mechanics on warriors, but probably other classes as well kill the server.

Please post this on the tracker. This needs to be addressed as the server is crashing every 5-10 minutes, sometimes back to back, repeatedly. Some players are now abusing it to reset the server and farm. Some players log-in and fear to escape dying from mobs that respawned on server crash/reset, and crash the server again, and again.

Done
Ashrak
Tester

by Robotron » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:23 pm

Go to the Voidwalker area to the southeastern side of Hellfire to see if mob-controlled Fears are also causing crashes. I said that area because the Voidwalkers there all use Fear.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by jason3609 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:10 pm

I can also confirm that the Warrior ability Intimidating Shout is causing the server to crash. Me and another person were testing this and every time he used Intimidating Shout we both got disconnected. He said another warrior also had this problem. He said he will post it in the bug tracker and the forums. I am going to the bug tracker next.
jason3609
Tester

by parmenides » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:20 pm

jason3609 wrote:I can also confirm that the Warrior ability Intimidating Shout is causing the server to crash. Me and another person were testing this and every time he used Intimidating Shout we both got disconnected. He said another warrior also had this problem. He said he will post it in the bug tracker and the forums. I am going to the bug tracker next.

It is all fear mechanics that cause server to crash. Fear, Howl of Terror, Intimidating Shout, Psychic Scream. Deathcoil doesn't cause server crash.
parmenides
Grunt
Grunt

by jason3609 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:20 pm

If you post spells in the bugtracker make sure you put the name of the spells correctly. This can save time figuring out what spells you are referring to. A warlock posted about a Howl of Fear ability but I was not able to find a Howl of Fear ability. I believe they meant Howl of Terror.

As far as I know from the bugtracker these were reported:
Warrior's Intimidating Shout spell
Warlocks's Fear spell
Warlocks Howl of Terror (I think that's the right name but they got the name wrong in the bugtracker)
The priest spell Psychic Scream is believed to be causing disconnects but I don't think anyone confirmed it. It was mentioned as a possibility but not confirmed in the bugtracker.
Also certain mobs with the fear ability also seem to be causing disconnects.
Someone also mentioned the Blood Elf racial abilities Mana Tap / Arcane Torrent are causing disconnects.

Can someone confirm and post a bugtracker if a Priest Psychic Scream is causing disconnects? If I missed any other fear abilities it wouldn't hurt to test those also and report it.
jason3609
Tester

by jason3609 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Also report any mobs you notice that is causing disconnect issues.
jason3609
Tester

by Milkperfive » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am

on my 61 priest alt i have used psychic scream many times and it has never caused a crash, these have all been in hellfire peninsula so far so it is possible maybe in another location or whatever but at least on my alliance priest PS fear seems to be working normally.
Milkperfive
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion