DC'ing

by Gmonsta » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:25 pm

Just DC'd twice in the last 5 min... pretty sure everyone is. WAT IS GOING ON
Gmonsta
Private
Private

Re: DC'ing

by Nothing » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:27 pm

It is a test server. However, it might not be the server and could just be your client dropping :P
Nothing
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gmonsta » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:52 pm

Nothing wrote:It is a test server. However, it might not be the server and could just be your client dropping :P

nop everyone is dc'ing m8
Gmonsta
Private
Private

by moodyblues4me » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:16 am

It has been really bad today
moodyblues4me
Private
Private

by Robotron » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:11 am

I'm guessing the latest round of fixes introduced an error that causes a server crash whenever a player does something specific, like attempt a quest.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by moodyblues4me » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Just logged in and nothing fixed or new. Crashes/dcc still happening very regular. Since I can't get anything done because of the constant resets, gonna wait a few days before trying to do anything. :(
moodyblues4me
Private
Private

by parmenides » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:45 pm

This may be completely guessing, but the server seems to DC most frequently when i'm just doing my professions. It's a pain in the ass. like fishing, mining, crafting, cooking, jewelcrafting, enchanting. Last night it was particularly horrible. It may not be related at all.
characters: Parmenides, Discern, Respeccing (TBC PTR)
parmenides
Grunt
Grunt

by venge » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:49 am

Seems completely random to me and it also rolls back my character, and not just a bit either, like 15 mins, and it has happened like 5 times the last 2 hours, it's getting really fucking annoying, i'm fucking swimming upstream just trying to level
venge
Tester

by Robotron » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:35 am

If it seems random to you, then you're probably not causing the crash, assuming my suspicions are correct. If you're doing the exact same thing every time a crash occurs, your action might be the cause, and it should be reported.

Leveling is difficult, at least as Horde, because there are several crucial quests that are just broken. You can't even do the quest that opens up the Maghar faction, which means you basically have no access to Garadar.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by venge » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:38 pm

I am certainly not causing it, i have dc'ed: while walking, flying, literally standing around while tabbed and lastly mid combat

EDIT: Ok this is getting out of hand i'm literally making no progress when the dcs are this frequent, i'm dcing twice per 5 mins sometimes

EDIT 2: I'm hearing from people that fear mechanics are causing it, and that people are using it explicitly to exploit it, only a rumour though, haven't tested it
Last edited by venge on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
venge
Tester

Next

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion