can I bring my vanilla character over? eventually..

Discussion forum related to TBC Server.

can I bring my vanilla character over? eventually..

by solid_snake73 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:01 am

just wondering if we will have the ability to bring our character over once we have experienced the vanilla content as much as we want sort of like how blizzard brought the expansion out?
solid_snake73
Tester

Re: can I bring my vanilla character over? eventually..

by moodyblues4me » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:30 am

This has already been addressed in another post... the answer was no.
moodyblues4me
Private
Private

by Nelythia » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:26 am

The answer is actually yes.
Nelythia - 60 Warrior
Naulii - 60 Warrior

Thanks everyone for playing on Nostalrius, it was the best WoW experience in a long time.
Nelythia
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by moodyblues4me » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Since this is a PTR, the answer is no. Here's the link why.... https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=37685

On the actual TBC server that is used after the PTR, it may be possible. I won't hold my breath.
moodyblues4me
Private
Private

by Uzephi » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:55 am

It has been suggested by staff that PVE server characters may not be transferable to the PVP TBC realm. It is all up in the air, but PVP to PVP TBC will work.

"If you want to be certain, level a character to 60 on the PVP realm." Trying to find the post, but it seemed to disappear.

It is all too soon so suggest one or the other. key words being "may not" meaning the PVE characters later after release may be able to be transferred. It all depends.

Edit: found Pottu's post

Pottu wrote:Okay, time to clarify few things again since there seem to be many questions.

2. "Will there be both PVP and PVE tbc realms? Can I move a character from vanilla PVE to tbc PVP?"

Unknown at this time. No details regarding this have been decided. If you want to be super-duper extra sure, level a character you want to play on the tbc PVP realm to 60 on the current PVP realm. But really, this is all up in the air.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36492&start=90#p256371
Uzephi
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to TBC Server Specific discussion