Charge fixes

Nostalrius official media

Charge fixes

by Viper » Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:04 am

Charge fixes

Warrior's charge spell is a tough one to script. First of all, it is necessary to have a flawless pathfinding, since this is what the spell is based on to calculate its path (underwater, in the air, on a boat...). Also, the charge's stun was applied after a small delay on retail, which allowed impossible combos otherwise (double charge, double control more generally.) However, this delay on the stun has to be compensated by an interpolation of the target's movement, otherwise the warrior wouldn't quite get in melee range of his target. Finally, numerous other details have to be properly scripted (possibility to cancel the auto attack, charge's speed, PVE charge...).

This video shows you how, on Nostalrius, we fixed even the smallest bugs of the warrior's charge.

Don't forget our test session next month. We need you to outlight to us all the bugs you may find so that we can fix them to ensure the smoothest gaming experience you've ever had.

Kind regards, the Nostalrius team.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Charge fixes

by warriorfall » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:36 pm

i'd love this if i could log in.
warriorfall
Tester

by Guirssane » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:19 pm

lel ^
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by ulkem » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:50 am

The pathing of charge is flawless. only one problem, Mostly you end on top of the target instead of in front of it.
ulkem
Tester

by GreenRoot » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:52 am

this problem with charge is still so, u charge and u land behind the mob. may could u fix it
GreenRoot
Tester

by Rutor » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:07 pm

The pathfinding is great but most of my charges place me inside or just behind the mob. This requires me to step back or turn around to be able to hit the target, which is a big delay.
Rutor
Tester

by Ragstal » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:21 pm

i prefer charging and placed behind the target while i look at him from behind :P
Ragstal
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Forcerius » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Viper wrote:Charge fixes

Warrior's charge spell is a tough one to script. First of all, it is necessary to have a flawless pathfinding, since this is what the spell is based on to calculate its path (underwater, in the air, on a boat...). Also, the charge's stun was applied after a small delay on retail, which allowed impossible combos otherwise (double charge, double control more generally.) However, this delay on the stun has to be compensated by an interpolation of the target's movement, otherwise the warrior wouldn't quite get in melee range of his target. Finally, numerous other details have to be properly scripted (possibility to cancel the auto attack, charge's speed, PVE charge...).

This video shows you how, on Nostalrius, we fixed even the smallest bugs of the warrior's charge.

Don't forget our test session next month. We need you to outlight to us all the bugs you may find so that we can fix them to ensure the smoothest gaming experience you've ever had.

Kind regards, the Nostalrius team.

Thank you. I can't imagine the amount of work and dedication that goes into running and updating Nostalrius. It reminds us that nobody but the devs has the authority to claim they know the best, easiest, or fastest solutions to the game they manage, because we are ignorant of the resources required or technical limits. Its the people who say things like "fix the queue times idiots", without understanding what that takes to actually accomplish, and if its even possible.
Forcerius
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by kenedy » Thu May 26, 2016 6:59 am

Spam
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
kenedy
Tester

Return to Media