Alterac Valley status

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley status

by Proctologist » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:45 pm

They weren't exploiting anything, they used lazypig which uses /script JoinBattlefield(1) to queue and automatically queue you as a group
http://wowwiki.wikia.com/API_JoinBattlefield

It is your fault, devs of nost, that the group queue API is or were still there, on ED the developers actually knew how to remove it and did it before releasing AV.

I didn't see the bugtracker even once but I know stuff has been reported and you have not fixed them.
Don't blame this on the players, it is your fault, developers, nothing has been exploited.

Your bans on these players are unjustful, also, Group queueing is blizzlike, we used to do this in retail vanilla... I was like 11-12yo and I still remember it clearly.

You cannot blame these guilds for this, nor accuse them for withholding information.
Last edited by Proctologist on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Procto
Realmplayers.com/CharacterViewer.aspx?realm=NRB&player=Missbunbun

Let's get one thing straight... I'm not.

Hunter + Priest PvE/PvP PoV.
Proctologist
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ohhgee » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:45 pm

I am eternally grateful for the service that Nostalrius provides, and my overall experience here has been amazing. I have the utmost respect for the staff, but I feel it necessary to express my distaste at how this is being handled.

To suggest that testers were aware of this "bug" is a baseless accusation. I doubt there was even a single day with enough players online on the PTR for testing this issue to even be possible.

Multiple pieces of evidence dating back to Retail Vanilla have been posted that show that the ability to group queue AV was inherently in the game. Most private servers remove this function, but Nostalrius left it there (obviously NOW we know this was unintentional).

In my opinion it is wrong for Nostalrius to (without warning) punish players for using a function that was left in the game by THEIR staff.

I also find it offensive that the testers are being falsely accused of being intentionally dishonest. These accusations are absurd and untrue, and I am sure that any logs or records of PTR activity will show that at no point was group queueing tested.
Last edited by Ohhgee on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Jizzmaster3000 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:46 pm

We got some GMs that have actually played Vanilla WoW?
Jizzmaster3000
Private
Private

by Luffaz » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Boo Nost GM's, Boo
Luffaz
Private
Private

by Zodish » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:52 pm

good job \o/
Zodish
Private
Private

by Hallonkaka » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:53 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16731&start=60#p106552

it was blizzlike. blizzard didnt have an issue with people using it.
Helvete <NOPE> - Human Warrior
Hallonkaka
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Karrier » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:58 pm

So LazyPig and StinkyQueue are addons that are forbidden to use here

any other addon that uses wow's API that is forbidden?
Karrier
Sergeant
Sergeant

by eunichorn » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:00 pm

plz fix the AV crashing
eunichorn
Tester

by bgfds » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Karrier wrote:So LazyPig and StinkyQueue are addons that are forbidden to use here

any other addon that uses wow's API that is forbidden?

can we get an answer on this I don't want to randomly get banned for an addon
bgfds
Sergeant
Sergeant

by bgfds » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:04 pm

so did you guys blow up this bullshit with the bans and rep reset and everything just to hide the fact ur AV scripting was completely abysmal?
bgfds
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements