Nostalrius Burning Crusade project

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius Burning Crusade project

by Keftenk » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Acebentura wrote:Well, that's just cemented it i wont be playing the TBC server.. i simply don't have the time to level from level 1 again just because i want to play my main class (Shaman), as an alliance.

I know you're trying to be " as real as possible" but come on, some "quality of life" options/changes would both increase popularity and encourage people to play

People saying "You have more than a year to level them"... No you don't.... you can't have Alliance Shamans to level 60, or Horde Paladins to 60 etc, they'll need to be levelled from scratch, again... There is NO REASON for it to be that way.

Corecraft will be instant lv 58. Go play there.
Instant level 60's will just make the Hellfire/Zangramarsh PvP that much worse. Hows that not some quality of life option :P?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Arctures » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:37 pm

Amazing! TBC was the best game/Expack ever released in my opinion. One question, you may have indirectly answered it in the announcement but I didn't catch it. Will the release of TBC server have steady content release or everything at once? One of the great things about Nostalrius vanilla server was that things where released at diferent times so people had time to work on the older content and get the full feeling of a Wow "reboot"
Arctures
Tester

by Meyari » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Great news guys! Best of luck.
Meyari
Tester

by Zareanna » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:50 pm

It maybe a bit pretentious. But would there be posibility for changing fraction/race of a character with transfer?

I'm very nostalgic about playing paladin, so now on vanilla server I play alliance, but i TBC I would prefer having horde pally.

Regards
Zareanna
Zareanna
Tester

by metagame » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:05 pm

Good choice on the open source route for this iteration. It may not be obvious to most people, but an open development structure will benefit everyone in the community significantly.
Blockchain - night elf warrior
Meta - gnome warlock
metagame
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Jackblak » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Arctures wrote:Amazing! TBC was the best game/Expack ever released in my opinion. One question, you may have indirectly answered it in the announcement but I didn't catch it. Will the release of TBC server have steady content release or everything at once? One of the great things about Nostalrius vanilla server was that things where released at diferent times so people had time to work on the older content and get the full feeling of a Wow "reboot"

This. I hope so, i really do
Jackblak
Tester

by Zonotrichia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:42 pm

Arctures wrote:Amazing! TBC was the best game/Expack ever released in my opinion. One question, you may have indirectly answered it in the announcement but I didn't catch it. Will the release of TBC server have steady content release or everything at once? One of the great things about Nostalrius vanilla server was that things where released at diferent times so people had time to work on the older content and get the full feeling of a Wow "reboot"

Isn't that what they call progressive or am I wrong?
Zonotrichia
Tester

by christopher312 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:19 am

I'm sure that the content will be updated progressivly in the TBC server. Im more curious about how they will patch it in relation to the arena since classes got nerfed and buffed all the time.
christopher312
Private
Private

by chookchan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:11 am

Pottu wrote:Yes there is. Because that is exactly how it was when Blizzard released the Burning Crusade. There will not be instant-60 characters or increased XP rates. I'm sorry if this does not suit your play style but that is one of the guiding principles for the Nostalrius team.

The GM team.

Amen. If you want an alliance shaman or horde paladin you level it when the server launches. This was how it worked on retail, and hopefully his is how it will work here.
Beware Verycoolguy, hired by Mr Stormwind himself to slay the pitiful horde of durotar
https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37506
chookchan
Grunt
Grunt

by Molar » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:35 am

Hoping that characters will be copied just before new characters can be made on the TBC realm.
Don't want nobody stealing my name yo.
Molar
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements