Website & forum behaviors

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Website & forum behaviors

by Sweps » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:37 pm

So i changed my password , and started using KeePass after reading this forum thread, and then i created a password and changed my account password, and after that i can't login! how painful
So did my account just get banned for changing my password?
Sweps
Tester

by Mryul » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:51 pm

it has little to do with how strong your password is. the problem is if you have used the same password elsewhere.
Mryul
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pottu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:23 pm

If your password is already reasonable and you have not used it elsewhere, then you're fine and do not need to change it. If you use the same password for multiple private servers or you use the name account name + password combination at other forums or sites, you should change it immediately.

The GM team.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by lockpower » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:31 pm

I'd like to see Google Authentication support (or authy) added to increase account security. With the lack of ability recover a compromised account under any circumstances, it seems like it would prevent a lot of lost accounts and save the GM team a lot of time sifting through hundreds of reports.
lockpower
Grunt
Grunt

by Novin » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:52 pm

It would seem these goldsellers stole a LOT of accounts. Even after the bans today they are still spamming trade/whisper/mail. Every time i log in, in the first 3 minutes i get 2-3 whispers from okogames which is very annoying.

Some mentioned to somehow ban based on their IP, but surely they use VPN-s. If they are strategic enough in using their stolen accounts they might keep up the goldselling for months, even with these new security restrictions in place.

I'm sure the Nost staff will do everything they can tho.
Novin
Private
Private

by jimstanky » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:49 pm

Got hacked last night, and am just now learning about this. I play this server like 8+ hours a day. Maybe you should put a little more effort into informing as many players as you can... Me seeing one server-wide message telling me to change my password would have saved me over half a year of work\

p.s. fuck you

p.p.s. inb4 nostalrius tries to blame other private servers or us, the user. THE ONLY PLACE IN THE FUCKING WORLD THAT HAD THE SAME ACCOUNT INFO WAS TULEAP BUGTRACKER. MAN THE FUCK UP AND TAKE SOME GODDAMN LIABILITY NOSTALRUSE
jimstanky
Private
Private

by Imbaslap » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:05 pm

jimstanky wrote:Got hacked last night, and am just now learning about this. I play this server like 8+ hours a day. Maybe you should put a little more effort into informing as many players as you can... Me seeing one server-wide message telling me to change my password would have saved me over half a year of work\

p.s. fuck you

p.p.s. inb4 nostalrius tries to blame other private servers or us, the user. THE ONLY PLACE IN THE FUCKING WORLD THAT HAD THE SAME ACCOUNT INFO WAS TULEAP BUGTRACKER. MAN THE FUCK UP AND TAKE SOME GODDAMN LIABILITY NOSTALRUSE

have you played on any other private servers? if so, which ones.

could narrow it down easily.

also, lots of people are saying they have been getting keylogged on the TBC open source sites/torrents.
make sure you have a firewall active and clean your computer out of all malware whenever possible. this helps combat possible information leakage.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by jimstanky » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:21 pm

Imbaslap wrote:

I played Molten/Warmane over a year ago, but with completely different passwords and account names.. Nostalrius trying to blame other private servers is a complete joke/pathetic attempt to hold anyone else liable but themselves
jimstanky
Private
Private

by Pottu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:26 pm

So you used the same account name/password combination for both the game and the bug tracker? Did I understand you correctly?

Nevermind, I found your thread and yes, that's exactly what you did.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by jimstanky » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Pottu wrote:So you used the same account name/password combination for both the game and the bug tracker? Did I understand you correctly?

I don't think it was exact match, but extremely close. You do realize that when you're on tuleap it shows the URL as https://report.nostalrius.org/ right? When I was reporting my first bug I assumed the bugtracker was actually part nostalrius itself.. I even put it my wow login, just to do a quick test to see if they had copied the account infos over. Why would I think twice about making the same account info on tuleap? The URL ends in nostalrius.org.. to me it seemed like an actual part of nostalrius or at the very least directly endorsed..

Pottu wrote:Nevermind, I found your thread and yes, that's exactly what you did.

Yea I know I am retarded for even signing up for the bugtracker, not like nostalrius reads it anyways

edit: Also pretty ironic how you're trying to condescend me for using the same info. Maybe nostalrius is the one that shouldnt be using tuleap at all?? ayy lmao what a good idea I just had
Last edited by jimstanky on Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimstanky
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements