Alterac Valley status

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley status

by Plask » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:35 pm

sidesprang wrote:
Plask wrote:
I see, "we did not know". So are you saying these players didn't intentionally abuse the script, instead unknowingly got with the premade into the same AV every time without noticing? It's pretty far fetched. I don't know what this has to do with ED, or which person clears BWL the fastest has to do with anything. Cut it out with the childish attitude; feigning ignorance and flaming me completely off topic.. I guess you didn't have anything significant to come with to being with.

Just stop spewing bullshit and lies, you dont know jack shit about this topic as proven by your comments. Matter of fact is that we as testers DID NOT know about this "abuse", can even watch monkeys stream, some guy told em about it after AV was out. Then they started doing it. Matter of fact is also that it was LEGAL and not considered abuse in vanilla, as proven by GM response to a topic back in 2006. So yeh just keep defending and gather your pitchfork against the testers when you dont know anything about the topic in the first place, makes you look real smart.

If something is shady and makes you wonder whether it's allowed or not it's pretty obvious it could risk getting you banned. Because Blizzard allowed it would in no way reassure me atleast that it's allowed on a private server. Players took the risk in something they knew (or should have knew) was questionable and should just deal with the bans IMO (get some sun, smell the roses and take a beer etc).

There is a script that allows you to premade and stomp AV getting reputation really, really fast... If the involved didn't realise doing that would be a risk, they're very naive. The whole retail argument is not really applicable in this case. There was never a common rule in retail vanilla for judging clever use of game mechanics to outright abuse of mechanics, sometimes players got banned for it sometimes they didn't. Did people get banned for farming DM tribute on retail? No they didn't, and yet people argue that it should be bannable here.
Last edited by Plask on Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Thefilth » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:41 pm

Plask wrote:
sidesprang wrote:
Plask wrote:
I see, "we did not know". So are you saying these players didn't intentionally abuse the script, instead unknowingly got with the premade into the same AV every time without noticing? It's pretty far fetched. I don't know what this has to do with ED, or which person clears BWL the fastest has to do with anything. Cut it out with the childish attitude; feigning ignorance and flaming me completely off topic.. I guess you didn't have anything significant to come with to being with.

Just stop spewing bullshit and lies, you dont know jack shit about this topic as proven by your comments. Matter of fact is that we as testers DID NOT know about this "abuse", can even watch monkeys stream, some guy told em about it after AV was out. Then they started doing it. Matter of fact is also that it was LEGAL and not considered abuse in vanilla, as proven by GM response to a topic back in 2006. So yeh just keep defending and gather your pitchfork against the testers when you dont know anything about the topic in the first place, makes you look real smart.

If something is shady and makes you wonder whether it's allowed or not you can either risk being banned or avoid doing it. Just because Blizzard allows it would in no way reassure me it would be allowed on a private server. Players took the risk in something they knew was questionable and should just deal with the bans IMO (get some sun, smell the roses, take a beer etc).

There is a script that allows you to premade and stomp AV getting reputation really, really fast... If the involved didn't realise doing that would be a risk, they're very naive. The whole retail argument is not really applicable in this case. There was never a common rule in retail vanilla for judging clever use of game mechanics to outright abuse of mechanics, sometimes players got banned for it sometimes they didn't. Did people get banned for farming DM tribute on retail? No they didn't, and yet people argue that it should be bannable here.

Or.. well.. you know.. They could've gotten a warning. Imagine if somebody had told them that what they were doing wasn't allowed and would result in bans if it continued, in spite of how common it was/is on retail wow and other private servers.

It is not too much to ask for a warning about something going wrong on the first day (first HOUR) of content release.

And about the PTR thing. Hey, atleast they helped test your content! Punishing them for that hardly seems smart! If that's how you intend to encourage people to test things, I wouldn't be surprised if the next PTR remains empty.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DeeMarie » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:48 pm

Battlepug wrote:Although I disagree with some content/timeline choices by the devs/admins, there is nothing to argue here. Its an exploit, who cares if it was possible on retail. You find it - you report it and avoid it.

Then again, there is still DM farmed by hunters - why is that not an exploit then? Somehow banhammer seems to be inconsistent.

It wasn't an exploit and it wasn't possible to test it on the PTR. Nostalrius has basically pinned the blame for it on the testers when the blame lies with them for not being clear on what is and isn't allowed.

People would be stupid to test for Nostalrius after this because if there's an issue in BWL that doesn't come up with testing, they'll face a ban for 'hiding abuse from the staff'.

As for the DM Trib runs, again this was possible on live. Either we're going by Blizzlike rules or Nostalrius are just making shit up depending on how they feel on the day, which isn't the way to keep your playerbase as Feenix has demonstrated.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plask » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Thefilth wrote:
Plask wrote:
If something is shady and makes you wonder whether it's allowed or not you can either risk being banned or avoid doing it. Just because Blizzard allows it would in no way reassure me it would be allowed on a private server. Players took the risk in something they knew was questionable and should just deal with the bans IMO (get some sun, smell the roses, take a beer etc).

Or.. well.. you know.. They could've gotten a warning. Imagine if somebody had told them that what they were doing wasn't allowed and would result in bans if it continued, in spite of how common it was/is on retail wow and other private servers.

It is not too much to ask for a warning about something going wrong on the first day (first HOUR) of content release.

I guess they could have been more delicate and just removed the reputation, then again it's not like they got permbanned or banned for months. They only got the advantage they gained from using the abuse removed and one week suspension. Realise this is not the end of the server and that it's not allowed to use the script to queue 30+ people for AV, and move on.

sidesprang wrote:Just stop spewing bullshit and lies, you dont know jack shit about this topic as proven by your comments. Matter of fact is that we as testers DID NOT know about this "abuse", can even watch monkeys stream, some guy told em about it after AV was out. Then they started doing it. Matter of fact is also that it was LEGAL and not considered abuse in vanilla, as proven by GM response to a topic back in 2006. So yeh just keep defending and gather your pitchfork against the testers when you dont know anything about the topic in the first place, makes you look real smart.

There is no need to blame all the testers for this. This is about a few individuals being testers who would rather abuse this then report it. If they knew about it from the testrealm doesn't matter, since they decided to abuse it on live I don't see why they would have reported it when testing even if they did know.
Last edited by Plask on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Monkeynews » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:04 am

You know how many people used LazyPig to queue as 2-5 people in party & didn't get banned or rep reset? Hundreds. Also the in Final Exit raid, they all got rep reset, their leader wasn't banned.

If its the 'exploit' that is bannable, ban all these players too? GMs are aware of who queued with LazyPig as they said I queued '100' and Maitoz/Gilnash '600'. And they know about Final Exit since they took their rep away. Seems they finally got an excuse to make an example of the players the vast majority of the server hates. And now we can all scream and shout about it with pitchforks out and pray for perma ban.

Getting smashed by a premade in BGs? Are they ruining your vanilla experience? Just mass report/post on forums and GM's will eventually take action. Maitoz & Monkeynews of the big NOPE premade banned and Gilnash the leader of the horde rank 12+ premaders banned. We have been made examples of and your server is now a better place! Congratulations!

These 3 players are now on a final warning according to Viper, while the rest of the players that used LazyPig in AV today are now aware of how trigger happy the GMs are.
Monkeynews
Sergeant
Sergeant

by SnowFlakes » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:09 am

Badtank wrote:This is a terrible decision akin to the bad ones feenix made. Please don't be like feenix, no one wants that shit again. This is a blizzlike feature, if you guys where as knowledgeable about vanilla as you always claim you would know this. It was acknowledged and used until the que as group feature was re-added way down the line.

The whole "blizzlike" argument is flawed. This realm is nowhere near blizzlike, so why would they randomly enforce blizzards stance on an issue? If the Admins deem this to be an exploit not intended for this server then so be it. This is akin to having the admins manually implement bugs on ingame bosses to make it more "blizzlike".

Whether or not the players deserved a ban I'll let the gms decide. I'm sure they have more knowledge about what went on behind the scenes than you or me do. If indeed the testers deliberately hid an "exploit" to (ab)use it on the live realm then they arguably deserve the bans. If that's not the case they were most likely banned to set an example for the realm, especially since one of the banned players were streaming the ordeal.
oh, ok.
SnowFlakes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plask » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:19 am

Monkeynews wrote:You know how many people used LazyPig to queue as 2-5 people in party & didn't get banned or rep reset? Hundreds. Also the in Final Exit raid, they all got rep reset, their leader wasn't banned.

If its the 'exploit' that is bannable, ban all these players too? GMs are aware of who queued with LazyPig as they said I queued '100' and Maitoz/Gilnash '600'. And they know about Final Exit since they took their rep away. Seems they finally got an excuse to make an example of the players the vast majority of the server hates. And now we can all scream and shout about it with pitchforks out and pray for perma ban.

Getting smashed by a premade in BGs? Are they ruining your vanilla experience? Just mass report/post on forums and GM's will eventually take action. Maitoz & Monkeynews of the big NOPE premade banned and Gilnash the leader of the horde rank 12+ premaders banned. We have been made examples of and your server is now a better place! Congratulations!

Stop making a martyr of these players and yourself. I doubt you and these players got suspended because "you're hated", it was more then likely because a script to multi queue AV was abused, and now you're mad because there is no special treatment for the players with high pvprank and leading premades? Give me a break. Stop blaming the server when it's infact you all that should have knew better.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Acidx » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:09 am

Plask wrote:
Monkeynews wrote:You know how many people used LazyPig to queue as 2-5 people in party & didn't get banned or rep reset? Hundreds. Also the in Final Exit raid, they all got rep reset, their leader wasn't banned.

Stop making a martyr of these players and yourself. I doubt you and these players got suspended because "you're hated", it was more then likely because a script to multi queue AV was abused, and now you're mad because there is no special treatment for the players with high pvprank and leading premades? Give me a break. Stop blaming the server when it's infact you all that should have knew better.

Maitoz got banned for leading the alliance premade, gilnash got banned for leading the horde premade

Monkeynews got banned for ???????????????
Acidx
Grunt
Grunt

by nervous » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:13 am

hey guys its a free server stop complaining LOL ;]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]lmao2months]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by SnowFlakes » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:24 am

Acidx wrote:
Plask wrote:

Maitoz got banned for leading the alliance premade, gilnash got banned for leading the horde premade

Monkeynews got banned for ???????????????

If I were to take a guess It would be for promoting the use of the exploit by streaming it to 600 people. Banning him sent a message to all of his viewers aswell.
oh, ok.
SnowFlakes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements