Nostalrius Final Days

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius Final Days

by kanrethad » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:08 am

So what do we plan on doing about this? Im guessing its already done and Nost isnt going to do anything else? Im missing nost alot.....R.I.P Nostalrius (Dalton Undead Warlock)
kanrethad
Private
Private

by Noxm » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:58 am

Huge support from JonTronShow
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Glader » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:31 am

Noxm wrote:Image

Huge support from JonTronShow

Yea, add him to the front-page. He has 2.3 million subscribers and has helped spread the story about Nostalrius to a hundred thousand people in a night who were unaware of it.
Glader
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Noxm » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:33 am

but he dont spread the petition, he maybe forgot about it :(

https://www.change.org/p/michael-morhai ... -community
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by cmill78 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:46 am

Forgive me if this was already posted in this long thread: According to multiple sources on the internet, the servers were going to shut down anyway on April 10th. Apparently they could not pay the fees for the server hosting provider. So regardless of Blizzards cease and desist, it may have been a problem anyway, albeit a less permanent one.

That being said; I have enjoyed my time here on Nostalrius and am very sad that this has to come to an end. Hopefully the publicity this is generating makes Blizzard change it's stance on legacy servers or Nostalrius finds a way to reemerge. Kudos to the hard working staff that let me enjoy a game I love in the state it should be enjoyed.
Last edited by cmill78 on Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
cmill78
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Noxm » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:55 am

cmill78 wrote:Forgive me if this was already posted in this long thread: According to multiple sources on the internet, the servers were going to shut down anyway on April 10th. Apparently they could not pay the fees for the server hosting provider.

its completly false information - hardware was pay to May / June.

Expiration dates and links.
Updated 20th March 2016.
Hardware should not be paid for more than 3 months ahead of the current date.
Hardware #1 - 275€ / month - 19th June 2016
Hardware #2 - 125€ / month - 18th May 2016
Hardware #3 - 14€ / month - 7th June 2016
Hardware #4 - 10€ / month - 16th June 2017

Source : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37403

The reason why servers were going to shut down :

Daemon wrote:Dear community,

Yesterday, we received a letter of formal notice from US and french lawyers, acting on behalf of Blizzard Entertainment, preparing to stand trial against our hosting company OVH and ourselves in less than a week now. This means the de facto end of Nostalrius under its current form.

As soon as we received this letter, we decided to inform the team and players about the future of Nostalrius, where we have all passionately committed our time and energy as volunteers.

Nostalrius Begins PvP, Nostalrius Begins PvE & Nostalrius TBC and all related servers will be definitively shutdown at 23:00 server time on the 10th of April 2016, if our hosting company keeps the server online for that long. It feels kind of unreal, but we want to continue to serve our players as we did, and the best we can in the remaining time.

Source : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42654
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Smokinwii » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:11 am

Lol
They couldn't pay their host. Oh get out. Census and just browsing says different. Nost was shut down because it became an empire and had a greater empire as an opponent. If I ever hear your filthy mouth down Nost again, I'll give you a code of my own through a back door Trojan

NOSTALRIUS. I LOVE YOU. MY WIFE LOVES YOU EVEN MORE THAN SHE LOVES ME

When I say my bed time prayers. I pray for our redemption!!!
Founder/GM PvE Guild: FarmsNdungeons
Smokinwii
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cabotage » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:20 am

I really love this game, it's a masterpiece and I enjoyed every second playing on this server. Playing on a closed server creates a strong community, we made alliances and rivalries, we worked hard, achieved great things, and most of all it was just plain fun.

http://i.imgur.com/ZQFh6Hn.png
http://i.imgur.com/JU7OGNL.png
Cabotage
Game Master
Game Master

by cmill78 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:22 am

Smokinwii wrote: If I ever hear your filthy mouth down Nost again, I'll give you a code of my own through a back door Trojan

LOL!!!! Calm down cubby. I simply read a few things and watched a couple videos and came here to a forum to post the info I accumulated. I never said it was 100% accurate, simply just an observation based on things I have seen/watched the last few days. By the way; kind of hard to "hear my filthy mouth" via text on a forum board. But you keep on dreaming!

Downing Nost was the last thing I would think of doing. In fact the last half of my previous post was very thankful of their dedication. See what happens when you read the whole post? So cheer up and enjoy life. I am not afraid to admit I am wrong so if I am, cool. No big deal. See that wasn't so hard. Now put your silly little Trojan away and close the back door.
When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
cmill78
Sergeant
Sergeant

by taran99 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:36 am

listening to 2112 now, because that song exactly represents this situation.
taran99
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements