Nostalrius Final Days

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius Final Days

by Glader » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:26 am

JonTron's video is being actively removed from /r/games and /r/wow despite being signficantly popular and well upvoted for the time it spends alive.

So, I impore everyone to visit these subreddits and make this video seen.
Glader
Sergeant
Sergeant

by youstink » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:05 am

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Spam
youstink
Private
Private

by smilkovpetko » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:18 am

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 1?page=197

this is official and everyone is free to talk about nostalrius here, they will not ban or scratch your post
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Glader » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:46 am

It's alittle much to expect them to cover like $800 a month in OVH costs alone. I wouldn't even call it a donation, just someone picking up the OVH tab so they could still play WoW.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote
Glader
Sergeant
Sergeant

by colezz2 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:03 am

Noxm wrote:Image

Huge support from JonTronShow

This is at the top of front page of reddit/r/videos that is major exposure holy shit

Edit: halfway down front page of reddit that's absurd
colezz2
Grunt
Grunt

by Trader » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:12 am

Front of reddit..lol..this guy has probably done more for this communtiy with this video then all the other efforts combined so far. 8-)
Trader
Tester

by Sallerius » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:14 am

I still try to log on....Ill try again tomorow, and day after, and so on....till i get "retrieving character list" ;)
Sallerius
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Solmyr » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:29 pm

Dear Daemon and Viper,

First and foremost - stay safe and protect yourself and your assets:

1. Acquire legal representation and advice from people licensed to practice in your jurisdiction - I presume you already have.
2. Protect your personal information - if you have reason to believe that Blizzard may not yet have your personal information then request that OVH expunges it immediately from their databases - under EU law they have to comply within a certain time period.
3. Accept the legal advice provided by the community if it comes from people with experience in the specific area, provided you do not have better advice already given by your appointed legal representative in France.

Once you and your assets are safe, follow your dream:

1. Releasing the source code to facilitate the revival of the project is great, provided it will not have negative impacts on your personal safety and well-being.
2. If your personal information is safe you can potentially return to the project eventually under different aliases - you shall forever have our respect and gratitude, even if we never see you again ;).
3. If you somehow manage to incite Blizzard to release legacy servers or to license Nostalrius through a franchise you shall be immortalized in gaming history - good luck with that if you're still pursuing it.

On behalf of Dreamstate and me (Kishkumen) personally, I thank you for all the effort during the last two years - Nostalrius was the best that has ever happened to Vanilla WoW. Godspeed in your next project, whatever it may be!
Solmyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ping800900 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:10 pm

Thank you, support you forever!!!!
ping800900
Tester

by VeloxBanks » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:04 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1751857331?page=197

this is official and everyone is free to talk about nostalrius here, they will not ban or scratch your post

Doesn't that put people away in a single thread that the Blizz staff won't even look at? Isn't that the point?

That's their way of stopping people from spamming threads (AKA boycotting) which from what I was able to pick up is our best chance of being heard.
'tis but a jest, brother!
VeloxBanks
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements