Content available at release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Content available for the release date

by Amaterasu » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Ike wrote:When will the limitation of 8 debuffs be lifted? Seeing that Nefarian has been beaten well over one month after the debuff count has been raised to 16 leaves a sour taste in my mouth, considering that all the other bosses have been defeated one day after releasing bwl (->source<-)!
Has anyone actually tried beating Nefarian with just 8 debuffs before making this decision? Because if not and he is just unbeatable, that will halt the entire server progress, since the debuff limit whas raised together with the launch of Zul'Gurub, which here is coupled with Nefarians death.
This seems like a huge problem to me!

I'm a bit late with my reply so please forgive me. I checked after this post and didn't see anyone with an answer for why this wont be an issue so I am posting my responce. I have researched my facts with this but if I am wrong with anything please let me know.

Neferion was released in patch 1.6 and an important mechanic for his boss fight was to be able to avoid shadow flame. To avoid this you needed onyxia scale cloak. Now bosses before nef had this ability but it could be avoided by all but the tanks however nef's was unavoidable unless you bugged it (I do not know if they knew how to bug it on live during this time) however Onyxia scale cloak was released in patch 1.6 same as nef.

Assuming you were willing to spend thousands of gold and there were other guilds also going for the world first too and with so many limited onyxia scale cloaks how long do you think it would take to get 40 of them? Especially since I assume not everyone was turning their onyxia kills into the cloaks.

Another piece of infomation on vanilla onyxia reset every 5 days. Since it took nef 77 days to be killed after you could gain onyxia scale cloak. Now according to WoWwiki at around the time this came out you would get 1-4 scales per skin. Assuming that means on average you would get 2.5 scales per kill and you would have 15 attempts at onyxia they would of farmed approximately 37-38 of these cloaks themselves. How easy it was to buy them I don't know.

However at the point of the patch coming out they would have done 4 less kills on her equally a potential 10 cloaks. It does seem however a bit of a coincidence that around the point in the game they would have gotten 40 cloaks they killed nef.

I did find evidence online of this cloak existing before patch 1.6 however I am not sure if that was from test servers or not the pages from back then seem a bit strange and unreliable since the cloak changes in the materials required and was apparently capable of being changed the a refined onyxia scale which from what I can find doesn't exist.

Edit: was to fix some of the math in the 4th paragraph and to add more information I found on the subejct in the following 2 paragraphs.
Amaterasu
Tester

by Ike » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Fair enough! You're right, I've completly forgotten about the cloak. Although I still have some doubts, I feel a little better about that encounter now. Thank you for pointing that out!
Ike
Sergeant
Sergeant

by alucard001 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:06 pm

How can i see the old pvp set and weapon stats?
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Content available at release

by Kdg » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:48 am

oops
Last edited by Kdg on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kdg
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kdg » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:53 am

I have a pretty petty question I was just wondering will alot of the item models be changing to how they were originally as well? I can't really think of many examples but one would be the Bloodfang helm was just the ghostshroud but light red.
Kdg
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Fury » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:03 am

Damn this makes me so pumped. I don't even...
Fury
Private
Private

by ozzky » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Fury wrote:I don't even...

Lift?
ozzky
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Divineuty » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:04 pm

Amaterasu wrote:
Ike wrote:
However at the point of the patch coming out they would have done 4 less kills on her equally a potential 10 cloaks. It does seem however a bit of a coincidence that around the point in the game they would have gotten 40 cloaks they killed nef.

They had 2 Onyxia groups.
Every leg in the ass is one step forward!
Divineuty
Private
Private

by Amaterasu » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:02 am

Divineuty wrote:They had 2 Onyxia groups.

is this something you know for a fact? I'm not saying I know any different but I'm not entirely sure how you would know this especially since it was 10 years ago.
Amaterasu
Tester

by azamous » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:41 am

I'm so psyched to play the version of World of Warcraft I've always wanted a time machine to go back and play.
azamous
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements