Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Rare mobs fixes

by Nalvan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:57 pm

Awesome! Good job guys!
Nalvan
Tester

by Ghostly » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Some of those scripted rares like Swiftmane are gonna make the world look more alive for sure :D
What's with that huge amount of lions getting pulled on 0:44 during Humar the Pridelord fight though? That seems dangerous.
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Guirssane » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Ghostly wrote:Some of those scripted rares like Swiftmane are gonna make the world look more alive for sure :D
What's with that huge amount of lions getting pulled on 0:44 during Humar the Pridelord fight though? That seems dangerous.

I think that when you kill this rare, all his family comes to hug you.
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ghostly » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:16 pm

Guirssane wrote:I think that when you kill this rare, all his family comes to hug you.

Well that makes sense actually. I wonder if skinning him should aggro every lions in a 40 yard radius.
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by bishop » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Comment from the 22. January 2005:

Fought him while sightseeing in the Barrens today. Easy fight, until...
"Humar let's out a loud roar for help"
Bam, 15 adds. A Patriarch, 7 Matriarchs, and their 7 Cubs. Took em all though =)
:D

http://web.archive.org/web/20050208012212/http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/mob.html?wmob=5828
Nejtiri 19 Hunter
Ghul 29 Rogue
Cassilda 29 Priest
Cassi 29 Shaman
Leaf 39 Resto Druid
bishop
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ghostly » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:23 pm

Wonderful.
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by StoneColdET » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:29 pm

StoneColdET gives this a double "HELL YEAH!"
StoneColdET
Grunt
Grunt

by Aquane » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:11 pm

Enemies such as Ironeye the Invincible, who was showcased in the video, sometimes drop blue items that are only supposed to drop on them as well

ALSO, on another note

are the Black Defias and Druid of the Fang and Scarlet Chain sets bound to their respective instances, concerning the BoE pieces?

I've seen stuff like scarlet belts and gloves of the fang being world drops in Rebirth, for example, and I don't want that to be an issue here; the BoE pieces of the sets I mentioned are only supposed to drop in The Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, and the Scarlet Monestary, respectively
Aquane
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Svalur » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:34 pm

I remember asking about this :P, +1 looks Amazing! its so important having rares working. This stuff not working can really make the server feel "private servery" and ruin the atmosphere. next week is gona be AWESOME
Svalur
Grunt
Grunt

by Moxey » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:36 pm

This is THE video i had been waiting for.
One of easiest way to spot a mediocre private server is bugged rare spawns with no loot. (im looking at you Vengeance). This makes it much more fun to hunt down those unique enemies.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements