Rare mobs fixes

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Rare mobs fixes

by Keftenk » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:42 pm

Somewhat unrelated, anyone know the song that is used in this trailer?
Keftenk
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Clank » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:06 am

are the Black Defias and Druid of the Fang and Scarlet Chain sets bound to their respective instances, concerning the BoE pieces?

I've seen stuff like scarlet belts and gloves of the fang being world drops in Rebirth, for example, and I don't want that to be an issue here; the BoE pieces of the sets I mentioned are only supposed to drop in The Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, and the Scarlet Monestary, respectively

Bug confirmed and fixed during PvE Sessions.

Just saw it earlier. Great stuff, but, the video doesn't showcase any of the rares that do indeed drop Rare Quality loot specific to their loot tables only.

All blue rare loot are scripted aswell, we just didnt show them during the video ( not lucky enough ).
Clank
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Whiskey » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:07 am

This is great. It was disappointing not being rewarded with a decent green when killing a rare mob on Emerald Dream. I don't know if they've fixed that yet but it's been a while since I played there.

Props to the team at Nostalrius.
Whiskey
Grunt
Grunt

by ironsides » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:21 am

Why is Takk getting pursuit speed back? Pet move speed was normalized in 1.9, it seems incredibly unfair to give him a jetpack when other pets like lupos and snarler (other rares normalized) get the shaft for no reason.

Feel free to disregard this if lupos is hitting for shadow damage and snarler has a massive resist base. I'd be interested to know either way.

edit 2: Just realized that his pursuit speed may not carry over to when he's tamed. Still, any answer on the above 3 mobs retaining unique pre 1.9 features would be nice
Last edited by ironsides on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shoot for the moon, and if you miss you'll hit the stars <3
ironsides
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Crono » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:10 am

Completely noob question. Can rare spawns be made hunter pets?
Crono
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Whiskey » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:13 am

Crono wrote:Completely noob question. Can rare spawns be made hunter pets?

Certainly can!
Whiskey
Grunt
Grunt

by Peacebringer » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:32 am

Very nice indeed, this amount of details I didn't expect. One question, can we maybe expect one video about mob's A.I. in open world/instances which is usually bugged on private servers?
Peacebringer
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hatson » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:49 am

Clank wrote:
Just saw it earlier. Great stuff, but, the video doesn't showcase any of the rares that do indeed drop Rare Quality loot specific to their loot tables only.

All blue rare loot are scripted aswell, we just didnt show them during the video ( not lucky enough ).

But that's the thing. I'm not talking about "lucky" rare drops. I'm talking about the rare drops specific to specific rare mob loot tables.
Those rare drops did not require much luck to see. A drop rate of around 20-40% was normal on them.
F.ex. Skhowl in Alterac Mountains drops his rare dagger very frequently. Almost half of the time or so.
And Lo'Grosh in Alterac Mountains as well has 2 rare drop items specific to ONLY his loot table, and the drop rate of those rare items from him are about 30-40%.

It shouldn't require much luck at all to record blue quality items dropping from rares that had specifically blue items that only dropped from them and nowhere else in the world. Those sort of drops were frequent from those specific rares with those loot tables.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mike1097 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:35 am

Nice done
"Drunhall"
60 Protection Warrior
<It burns when I PvP>

Alliance
Nostalrius Begins PvP
mike1097
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Death » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:49 am

This is so awesome! Definitely the rare mobs that only spawn at night. Haven't seen that on any private server yet :-)
Death
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements