New website & account subscription

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: New website & account subscription

by Gemt » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Is there any way to test that you have named the subfolders in WTF correctly etc for the UI to be fully functional on first login? Specifically, anyone know what the exact server name will be in WTF/Account/accName/serverName?

Any suggestions, or could possibly one of the admins tell us what the server name will be in the mentioned folder structure?
Gemt
Grunt
Grunt

by Cousy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Gemt wrote:Is there any way to test that you have named the subfolders in WTF correctly etc for the UI to be fully functional on first login? Specifically, anyone know what the exact server name will be in WTF/Account/accName/serverName?

Any suggestions, or could possibly one of the admins tell us what the server name will be in the mentioned folder structure?

The name for the server for the tests was Nostalrius Begins PTR. The educated guess would be simply 'Nostalrius Begins'.
Cousy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Woodhauler » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:20 pm

I haven't seen positive hype like this since I started playing back in patch 1.4 originally... how fitting.

This server will live forever if it:

1. Keeps on top of hackers / exploiters, and has serious penalties for that behavior
2. NEVER implements any RL paid-for items (even small stuff like companions, etc)
3. Community SELF-regulates itself to stay positive and avoids the toxic-slide that plagues private servers

Those things seem pretty self-evident but I played retail for over 10 years and even blizzard fell to the bot plague and a toxic community (although MILLIONS of people are still playing so if money talks then they are still FINE apparently /scoff). I have also played on 4 private server projects on many, many of their realms and they all ended up failing on ALL THREE counts, without exception. That is why all those projects are either dead, dying, or are avoided by the veterans.

Lets make this project count, and keep it on solid footing, so it becomes something special in the wasteland that is the private server community.

I would also like to mention that I signed up for 3 accounts (1 horde, 1 alli, 1 twink account), and two of them went off without a hitch (after I allowed the browser to connect to developers.google.com for the captcha auth), however ONE of the accounts never sent me an authentication email after the successful account creation on the NOST side.

I simply made another account name using the same email and the second time I got the auth link fine. In case anyone else runs into that ;)

Looking forward to this.
Woodhauler
Private
Private

by Gemt » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Cousy wrote:The name for the server for the tests was Nostalrius Begins PTR. The educated guess would be simply 'Nostalrius Begins'.

That's been my guess so far as well, but you never know until you know
Gemt
Grunt
Grunt

by Defiler » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:39 pm

Mmmh so u get an authentication email from nostalrius? never got one, but it said "account registration successful." :/

also: could anyone link me to the thread whis the exact server release time? I know its gonna be 28. feb but does this mean its gonna open exactly at 00:00 on friday night`?

anwers are appreciated, thx alot

#defiler
Defiler
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Voodoom » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:12 pm

Spam folder maybe ?
Voodoom
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Floux » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Defiler wrote:also: could anyone link me to the thread whis the exact server release time? I know its gonna be 28. feb but does this mean its gonna open exactly at 00:00 on friday night`?

It is saturday at 18pm GMT+1
Hel - undead warlock (beta)
Cernunnos - night elf druid
Floux
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Guirssane » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:29 pm

Floux wrote:
Defiler wrote:also: could anyone link me to the thread whis the exact server release time? I know its gonna be 28. feb but does this mean its gonna open exactly at 00:00 on friday night`?

It is saturday at 18pm GMT+1

18:00 gmt +1 = 6pm btw ;)
Guirssane
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Floux » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:32 pm

Yep sure ! :)
Hel - undead warlock (beta)
Cernunnos - night elf druid
Floux
Sergeant