Dire Maul release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Dire Maul release

by Criticism » Sat May 30, 2015 2:30 pm

Fear3d wrote:It would fix a lot of problems if they would just stop this item data stuff. It was a cute idea to try to keep the item data in line with real Blizzard patches, but it doesn't work right in practice.

Both outcomes are as unblizzlike as each other.

Option A) Cant find item on old DB's...simply take it out of the game like it doesn't exist.
Option B) Implement all the items you could find, but couldnt find their pre 1.4 stats, at their earliest known state.

For example these Bulky Iron Spaulders, can't find the 1.3 stats atm, but there's this comment from April 2005 (patch 1.3); "Drops off the first guard in north Dire MAul. if you get a good group u can easily farm him once every 5 min till he drops it." So they were definitely in the game.

So whats more damaging, removing them or adding them in at post 1.4 stats?
Criticism
Grunt
Grunt

by eratrius » Sat May 30, 2015 2:40 pm

Sooo the other epic patterns are query(able) from the server, but Hide of the Wild is not. Is it seriously not on the loot table?
eratrius
Tester

by Botanist » Sat May 30, 2015 3:24 pm

eratrius wrote:Sooo the other epic patterns are query(able) from the server, but Hide of the Wild is not. Is it seriously not on the loot table?

why would u want gear :) are you not immersed?
Level 3 <GRIZZLY> Member
Level 1 Public Relations Trainee (Grizzly dindu nuffin division)
Starshina Second Class of RIDF Nostalrius Sector
Rank 1 Care Coordinator and Executive Administrator of the <GRIZZLY> Seeking Elites Precinct
Botanist
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by lumpY » Sat May 30, 2015 3:30 pm

So I tried to ping Hide of the Wild with
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:18510:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Hide of the Wild]\124h\124r");

It's not in the game, and the pattern isnt either. I read this forum and saw that if you can come up with data that it was added with patch 1.3 that they may add it again.
So here's proof that it was there after 7.3.2015(patch 1.3) and before 8.4.2015 (patch 1.4)
https://web.archive.org/web/20050501151 ... item=18510
If you scroll downto the bottom, you can see people posting about it starting with the 24th March.
Posted @ Thu, Mar 24th 4:15 AM 2005
By: roflwofl
Got it from Dire Maul, from a crate. =O This is a Pattern btw. Can only be made my a lvl 300 Tribal Leatherworker.

Is this enough? Is this the right place to report it? I'd really like to have this in the game!
lumpY
Tester

by weeezing » Sat May 30, 2015 3:33 pm

http://i.imgur.com/CJjjPyP.png

So this can already drop for those of you wanting it. Happy farming.
Djseppelx - Magus Fantasticus

I had to change my last sig because I was burnt too badly.

All I would ever want and need is a hug
weeezing
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by kuskmen » Sat May 30, 2015 5:07 pm

So you all needed it despite there was a tank that ACTUALLY needed it not for money but for himself. Good job.
kuskmen
Private
Private

by weeezing » Sat May 30, 2015 5:09 pm

kuskmen wrote:So you all needed it despite there was a tank that ACTUALLY needed it not for money but for himself. Good job.

If you looked a bit further than the loot tab you'd see we are all in the same guild except the rogue, who needed for himself so we all needed to counter his need. Luckily he didn't win.

Ask kuittirulla, he is on the quest.
Djseppelx - Magus Fantasticus

I had to change my last sig because I was burnt too badly.

All I would ever want and need is a hug
weeezing
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DeeMarie » Sat May 30, 2015 5:14 pm

Criticism wrote:For example these Bulky Iron Spaulders, can't find the 1.3 stats atm, but there's this comment from April 2005 (patch 1.3); "Drops off the first guard in north Dire MAul. if you get a good group u can easily farm him once every 5 min till he drops it." So they were definitely in the game.

Bit of research and you can find the stats. For instance, those shoulders:

http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?fo ... 2259545249

Sure it's August 05 but nothing major happened to items between 1.3 and the 1.7 def nerf. I can see why people are getting frustrated with this itemisation, I don't even have a clue what DM drops except fr books.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by snawfu » Sun May 31, 2015 1:14 pm

weeezing wrote:
kuskmen wrote:So you all needed it despite there was a tank that ACTUALLY needed it not for money but for himself. Good job.

If you looked a bit further than the loot tab you'd see we are all in the same guild except the rogue, who needed for himself so we all needed to counter his need. Luckily he didn't win.

Ask kuittirulla, he is on the quest.

I'm sure you guys might have a gap in your memory from such an adrenaline-filled and exciting moment but it was your hunter, Tuskantuoja, that ragerolled need on it the second it dropped so I assumed those were the loot rules.
Congrats on the Foror :)

-Aforementioned Rogue.
patato
snawfu
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ourk » Sun May 31, 2015 5:54 pm

Tyvm for DM release!

Best regards to the entire Nost team. ;)
Ourk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements