Patchnote 2015/06/01

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Patchnote 2015/06/01

by Rylox » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:33 pm

Imbaslap wrote:
Arcenius wrote:
Viper wrote:[*]Fixed a bug where a battleground could have more than the maximum allowed number of players on one side

Not really :( RIP

u mistake the patchnote fix.. it fixed the bug where u can have more than the maximum amount of players within that battleground.

IE - WSG having more than 10 players. AB having more than 15 players.

Uh yeah. That's a WSG with 12 players.
12 > 10.
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by varth » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:42 pm

9+12= 21 so the patch didn't fix a thing.

I'm also a bit pissed that Hide of the Wild isn't in game, all the stats for different patch's have been located, so what's the reason the pattern isn't in the game?
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Arcenius » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:19 pm

RIP
Arcenius
Grunt
Grunt

by sojs » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:03 am

when is AV testing ?
sojs
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Arise » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:07 pm

Viper wrote:Here is our last patchnote.

[*]Implement anti-rollback mechanisms. When the server crashes, it now saves all the players online.

That does not work at all. Server just crashed and rolled back at least 5 minutes. Entire 5 cap AB results gone.
Lots of complaining in world chat about this big roll back. I understand it can happen, but it's clearly not fixed by this patch.
Arise
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by reptilex » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Arise wrote:
Viper wrote:Here is our last patchnote.

[*]Implement anti-rollback mechanisms. When the server crashes, it now saves all the players online.

That does not work at all. Server just crashed and rolled back at least 5 minutes. Entire 5 cap AB results gone.
Lots of complaining in world chat about this big roll back. I understand it can happen, but it's clearly not fixed by this patch.

+1

It was a rollback from like 10 Minutes, definitly not fixed.
reptilex
Tester

by nervous » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:18 pm

Arise wrote:That does not work at all. Server just crashed and rolled back at least 5 minutes. Entire 5 cap AB results gone.

I think that's referencing the saving of player inventories. Instances are handled a different way on MaNGOS than players themselves.

I could be mistaken though.
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Arise » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:28 pm

nervous wrote:
Arise wrote:That does not work at all. Server just crashed and rolled back at least 5 minutes. Entire 5 cap AB results gone.

I think that's referencing the saving of player inventories. Instances are handled a different way on MaNGOS than players themselves.

I could be mistaken though.

Even then. The AB match was over. I was outside of that bg when the server crashed. Then it should have saved my char including the results of that last AB.
Arise
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by varth » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Did you keep the ab marks by chance? And lose the honor earned from the actual bg?
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Blaze » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Half of these patch notes are so clearly full of shit. Multiple 32-35 man ab's the last 2 days, multiple roll backs including lost quests, items, exp, and honor; delay on spells being fixed - that's a riot, and lastly Dire Maul is just a spectacle of failed scripting.

If it isn't the broken reflection talent that the dire maul patch caused, or the terrible LoS issues all through out that zone, then it's the fact that you can enslave demon or mind control reavers and solo or duo farm the entire dungeon.

Do the people testing even try? I find it hard to believe that 300 people spent a few weeks clearing DM and never once tried to MC mobs. The reavers have no CD or GCD on their abilities, and neither do tons of other mobs (battle mages strat live) on this server.

5 years 16 developers tho
Blaze
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements