Pre-1.4 mounts

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Pre-1.4 mounts

by gazi05 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:57 am

I saw the video and great to have such a option. But what about people who will start to play in a year or so. The mounts will be removed (It says for a limited of time). So why not keep them all the time with the armored one? It would be a great feature for everyone. I know there will be replies like: "It's not blizzlike!!" but I say it is the part of the game. Not my fault that Blizz screwed the game by removing them.
gazi05
Sergeant
Sergeant

by chocochip95 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:19 pm

But that's the thing, we want to keep it blizzlike! Only the people who were there first on retail were "Rewarded" with the cool old mounts, same here :)
Xlydren - Troll Hunter <Raid Is Dead>
Siegfried - Human Paladin <Opera De Siegfried>
chocochip95
Sergeant
Sergeant

by gazi05 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:24 pm

I am a casual player, by the time I reach lvl 60 and will have money for the mount, I have a feeling, this feature will be removed. So that is the thing I am scared of. Not having the old mount >.<
gazi05
Sergeant
Sergeant

by nostogue » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:39 pm

This is a cool future, something I wished for :D It will however not be completely "blizzlike" since I assume it will be much easier to get these mounts now. As some people pointed out, when these mounts were present the cost of the mount was 1000g, which was changed later down to 100g. Secondly, getting rep and buying other factions mounts were an extremly long grind since you couldn't turn in cloth for rep, nor did you get as much rep by doing quests as you do nowadays. If no precautions has been made, we'll see lot of horde with the white raptor regardless of race in two months, which could actually upset people later in various ways :P (I'm not playing horde, I don't mind ^^)

Still a cool future! :D
nostogue
Private
Private

by Putni » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:54 pm

gazi05 wrote:I saw the video and great to have such a option. But what about people who will start to play in a year or so. The mounts will be removed (It says for a limited of time). So why not keep them all the time with the armored one? It would be a great feature for everyone. I know there will be replies like: "It's not blizzlike!!" but I say it is the part of the game. Not my fault that Blizz screwed the game by removing them.

What about people who will find the server one year from now and won't be able to progress through Molten Core like the fresh players? Should the admins also postpone progression because of that? Should the admins let multiple people have the Talisman of Binding Shard because Blizzard could really have left it in there?

It's not part of the game at all, it is a courtesy of the developers to even do this much. They would get further from the blizzlike feeling if they let this one slide, too.
Putni
Grunt
Grunt

by konked » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:05 pm

konked
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by gazi05 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:40 pm

Putni wrote:
gazi05 wrote:I saw the video and great to have such a option. But what about people who will start to play in a year or so. The mounts will be removed (It says for a limited of time). So why not keep them all the time with the armored one? It would be a great feature for everyone. I know there will be replies like: "It's not blizzlike!!" but I say it is the part of the game. Not my fault that Blizz screwed the game by removing them.

What about people who will find the server one year from now and won't be able to progress through Molten Core like the fresh players? Should the admins also postpone progression because of that? Should the admins let multiple people have the Talisman of Binding Shard because Blizzard could really have left it in there?

It's not part of the game at all, it is a courtesy of the developers to even do this much. They would get further from the blizzlike feeling if they let this one slide, too.

I totaly agree with you. But this isn't raiding content or anything that can have major effect on the gameplay or the server itself. Those are just mounts. I respect your opinion but those are just cosmetic changes. And Nostalrius would be known as the server who has old(nonarmored) mounts and they are accessible to all, no matter when the players come. I know this discussion has two stories, like players who are here from the beginning and every new player would see them on the old mounts and thought look this guy is a crazy MF and he has an unobtainable mount I admire him. But I see this kind of situation on the other side, some players (in the distant future where there will be in my opinion more and more servers very good scripted) will think hmmmm which server should I choose, and they found out wow Nostalrius still has the old mounts that you can't have anymore, I choose this server...

So I hope you get the point that I try to say. Hope the devs wont take my opinion as a negative statement. Cant wait to play on this server. Only two more days. See you all ingame. Peace.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
gazi05
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Trolle » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:47 pm

White raptors, white raptors everywhere
< Organ Harvest >
Maedsigil
Soetsaken
Smiskarinnan
Fyllepiraten
Nidabmi
Trolle
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Regnam1 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:20 pm

Trolle wrote:White raptors, white raptors everywhere

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wooooooooooooo woooooooooooo chill
Regnam1
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Youfie » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:34 pm

nostogue wrote:As some people pointed out, when these mounts were present the cost of the mount was 1000g, which was changed later down to 100g.

Exactly.

The total cost of the mount + riding skill was still 1k / 900 / 800 golds before and after 1.4, but since they were inverted, if we keep this mechanic here (and we probably will), then once you reach level 60 you can just buy your old pre-1.4 epic mount for 100 / 90 / 80 golds, and then take your time to farm the remaining money to buy the riding skill :/.

Actually now that I think of it it kinda sucks, but I don't see any satisfying solutions. The staff could put the cost as they were before 1.4, but it would be a mess when they change it back etc.

I guess the way to go would be to have a non-too-long time before the mounts are removed, otherwise literally everyone will just have them once they hit 60 :/.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements