Alterac Valley pre-nerf available on PTR

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley pre-nerf available on PTR

by nervous » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:37 pm

skyracer500 wrote:Didn't realize niller wow is 32 years old! What betas have you taken part in that you actually reported stuff? :) Considering I have been wanting to relive prenerf AV for YEARS, I want it to be absolutely perfect. With ridin dirty involved, there is no such thing as perfection. I've played since this servers release and both grizzly and dirty are living jokes.

My point is that joke guilds like these two shouldn't be some of the only ones included, so mind your damn opinion.

Reported more than a few issues on DM, many different class mechanic/warlock issues. Not counting pre launch reports.

If you want it to be absolutely perfect, let the guilds who actually have players actively reporting shit test it out. You guys who want to "test" (play 4 fun early access) can wait because you contribute nothing. Stay anonymous, trashbag.
<GRIZZLY>
nervous
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Haitharn » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:55 pm

skyracer500 wrote:Plask, that is actually what I was trying to say, but it's just putting salt on the wound with allowing two guilds that don't care (and will most likely attempt to screw up) to participate but not someone like samich's guild. Frostwolf clan has a lot of people ready to test it. Either way, let's just hope they all actually want to test it! :)

The guilds that are constantly being invited (Blacklisted, Ridin Dirty, GRIZZLY, NOPE, etc.) are obviously doing something right. They told us if we don't submit bug reports we won't be reinvited to more bug testing. All the guilds invited find bugs and report them. We want a bugfree game just as much as you do, buddy.
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:38 am

Some of these guilds have been testing since open beta prior to release.
the bugs encountered in MC were unable to be tested due to some MAJOR bugs preventing any 40 man raid from progressing to baron geddon at the time. I wouldn't take shots at the current MC version saying it wasn't tested and gives us an unfair advantage when every boss encounter, trash encounter, hell even testing lava damage in BRM. those things take time, time for 40 people to look for things. Devs had a small time table during open beta, reducing the amount of time 40 people could test. The real comparison you should be making about raid content would be azuregos, kazzak, dire maul. Not a rushed MC to compete with release.
from the open beta, AQ20 and ZG was fully working with a few minor scripting bugs on 1 boss in each raid. expect beta testing of those to be smooth as will be AV since that was scrubbed in open beta. check out normandah's stream highlights if you want to look through the testing videos.

I don't see the advantage on a 11 year old game with bwl content as every strategy is on youtube and google right now. The quality of BWL and AV testing takes time, researching source data, videos, and keeping it within the current patch release of the server(as best as possible). you make it sound like retail and every guild knowing the strategy of the boss before it releases on the live realms. /facepalm.

also, any guild not giving enough data or reports to the dev will get removed from the test team. its not some dog and pony show of 40 people logging in and saying "its good".

TLDR, can we get a fresh NEW public test realm copy of all the characters in the 7 guilds participating in the testing? I am sure most of these guild's rosters have changed since the Kazzak player testing, and will need updated for AV and BWL testing as well.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Lazermon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:19 am

skyracer500 wrote:It's available to guilds and only guilds? In particular, guilds that grief, are absolute cunts and guilds that have exploited more than once, and also guilds that just make everyone's life miserable? No, that's ok. I'm sure grizzly and ridin dirty will do an excellent job at testing :)

What about allowing: the very best guilds on the server? What about allowing the guilds who submit enough reports to keep them busy with an instance for literal months? What about guilds who would be capable to organize themselves to reliably test 40man content every single weeOHWAIT that's exactly what they're doing.

I'm sure you're sitting high up there on your moral and ethical throne (not that we in grizzly actually exploit like you all think we do), but that does not make you better testers.
Last edited by Lazermon on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
- AQ40 When?
- GRIZZLY Cineplex Regular
- Level 4 <Dankk Budz Collective> Memer
- Level 5 <GRIZZLY> Officer
Lazermon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sethzer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:29 am

Imbaslap wrote:TLDR, can we get a fresh NEW public test realm copy of all the characters in the 7 guilds participating in the testing? I am sure most of these guild's rosters have changed since the Kazzak player testing, and will need updated for AV and BWL testing as well.

Yes please! Got some people in NOPE who has joined since the first testing + updated gear on the others so would be nice if they just delete the old characters and copy over the rosters once more for all selected guilds (and others if they get selected aswell)
Sethzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:04 am

Viper wrote:The players database on the PTR will be updated from official server.

and 1.5 item upgrade hype?
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Grunt
Grunt

by Viper » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:40 am

1.5 items upgrade will be applied on PTR after Alterac Valley feedback.

As said in the news, players database of the PTR will be updated with a fresh copy of the live from this week.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by Cira » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:46 am

Hey Viper thanks for the update and all your guys hard work but i just have a quick question!

With the recent population growth and the massive amount of people on the server, are there any plans to improve server hardware? I only ask because recently i have notice changes in stability and the delay in spells/pvp when the server hits 8000+. While this is great in terms of seeing a lively world, this really hurts the experience during peak times. Ive also noticed the massive decrease in view distance which came up recently?

Thanks again for this amazing server which is by far the best vanilla server ive seen!
Cira
Tester

by macu67 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:33 am

Are you guys planning to fix the bugged quests ever? Is there someone in nost team responsible for polishing the pre-60 content or we'll just race to naxx without looking behind?:(
macu67
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Envy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:10 pm

I may have missed it and all but... It starts at 8pm on Saturday, that's alright, but when does it end?
Envy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements