Alterac Valley pre-nerf available on PTR

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley pre-nerf available on PTR

by Mdmadam » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:51 pm

My head hurts, should we have any BGs at this point in patching? Like 1.5 for WSG and AV and I totally forgot AB didn't even come out until 1.7.
Mdmadam
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Haitharn » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:48 pm

Dawntix wrote:Should have made this public test, and not just some snowflakes that be bothered to test.

Yeah, great idea. We'll have a ton of random's join the PTR, so they can kill everyone trying to test and not submit bug reports! Great idea!
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thefilth » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Haitharn wrote:
Dawntix wrote:Should have made this public test, and not just some snowflakes that be bothered to test.

Yeah, great idea. We'll have a ton of random's join the PTR, so they can kill everyone trying to test and not submit bug reports! Great idea!

Wasn't that what NOPE was doing?
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Badtank » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:19 am

This is why it was a terrible idea to bundle AV and the item buff. Oh man another month more of garbage loot. Hooray.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Holystrike » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:39 am

I think they are using this item update through making it an av bundle as a means to prolong the "individuality" of the server, which I would assume they think is achieved through having pre 1.12.1 stats..., I dont think delaying a long over-due item update is a good idea at all and in my opinion will ultimately hurt the population as people wait for gear which was meant to be released months ago.
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
Holystrike
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kapwe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:11 am

Thefilth wrote:
Haitharn wrote:

Wasn't that what NOPE was doing?

Most of us where doing the PvE part and we did a big report don't worry. Just a few of our member who killed people here and there (to test PvP loot and related quests but I guess also to have a little bit of fun, killing people is what's AV made for in the end).

It would be neat if the staff talked to us a little bit more regarding what still need to be tested. We are in the dark at the moment and have no idea if another testing session is required. People are complaining about us not testing it enough but it's not that easy to bring 40 people of each faction at the same time on the PTR. We are willing to do it (especially, we won't lie, because it will eventually open the item upgrade and BWL ptr) but we need to know what to test now.
Kapwe
Grunt
Grunt

by ceen2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:15 am

Allowing everyone to join not a selected few and problem would be solved.
Don't blame those guilds, blame the staff...
ceen2
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Arise » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:37 am

ceen2 wrote:Allowing everyone to join not a selected few and problem would be solved.

Right, because that would not turn into a useless zerg fest in which actual testing is impossible.
Arise
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by trulygenericname » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Arise wrote:
ceen2 wrote:Allowing everyone to join not a selected few and problem would be solved.

Right, because that would not turn into a useless zerg fest in which actual testing is impossible.

I mean if you make people do applications it should still be fine, even if they don't come from a guild where every member has an extra chromosome.
trulygenericname
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Stalk » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:55 pm

What logic is this? Why would you need 40 players on each faction to start testing AV? You should be able to test the majority of the instance with 10 players on each side easily.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements