Population keeps on growing

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Population keeps on growing

by Hackum » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:25 pm

Everyone seems to have their own solution for this. The Devs have taken it this far, I'd argue that they probably know what they're doing at this point. Everyone making suggestions when you don't have the hard data to look at like the Devs do is just like baking a cake with too many chefs. My point is, there are way too many variables that we don't have the answers for to make pointless conjecture over. Relax, take a pill, they said a solution is on the way.
Hackum
Tester

by Rocmistro » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:10 pm

For what it's worth, I support a 2nd PVE server.

I did all my WoWing on PVE servers in the past. I don't understand the bashing of the PVE crowd (CareBears, etc.) I found Nost about 3 days ago, and though I've only gotten ganked about 5 times, not one of them was a "fair" fight. The closest I've gotten was a very courageous level 22 undead rogue who ganked my 14 pally after i was almost dead from Black Dragon Whelps in Redridge. He was so skilled and courageous, I was truly impressed with how he rose to the challenge of my massive PVP power. I'm sure my white gear made him quite envious of my raid progression, and he probably felt I was a grave threat to sacking Ogrimmar on my whim. Aside from this one stormtrooper, all the other guys that have ganked me have been <skull>.
Rocmistro
Private
Private

by DEDRICK » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:14 pm

You were lucky to have already killed the mob you were fighting. In most cases it is when you are half HP, still fighting a mob and its 3+ of them
Cachecow - Tauren Warrior
DEDRICK
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Rocmistro » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:47 pm

I didn't kill the mob, sadly. :-(

And what difference does it make if there are 1 or 3 of them? I stand the same chance of living either way (to wit, zero)
Rocmistro
Private
Private

by Mdmadam » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:59 pm

Redridge isn't even that bad, wait til you get to Tanaris.
Mdmadam
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Terranaut » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:48 pm

Mdmadam wrote:Redridge isn't even that bad, wait til you get to Tanaris.

For every zone I've been in, a few days later people start to complain a lot about how awful it is.
I feel like I've been chased by an angry, world-pvping ganksquad mob for the majority of my levelling time and just barely escaped it all this time.

I hit 60 an hour ago though so you can all blow me, gankers.
Terranaut
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Maladocious » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:56 pm

A PvE server would be prime.
Maladocious
Grunt
Grunt

by azreal3133 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:22 pm

Would be nice to get some news on this, I've refrained from playing for the past few days because I don't want to waste my time if they're going to be opening up a 2nd server.
azreal3133
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Vademica » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:02 pm

Yes, i agree that making a PvE server might be a good solution for this population problem. As many state the delay increases aswell as its just too many people running around mining the same mines as you, farming the same mobs and doing the same quests. 10 000 people online is 5 times more than a avarage vanilla server back in the day, and even though Nostalrius has made some changes its still way to many people online.

I must however admit when me and my friends got hooked on re-experience vanilla we picked this server because of the population, and thats also a something which makes Nostalrius so unique aswell, because there is just so many people playing. That is really cool.

My concern however is if they make a PvE server and allow server change for those who want it, what will the numbers look like after a while? I really doubt 50% wants a PvE server (which would be a good with 5k players on both servers), what if only 1000 or 1500 players pick the PvE server? We would still have a the same problem on the original server wouldnt we?
Because if Nostalrius keeps on growing and 90% picks the pvp server, we would sooner than later reach 10k on the PvP server, even if we got 1.5 - 2k on a PvE server.

Another solution would be to make two PvP servers, and split the population 50/50. First by allowing free transfers and putting a "cap" on 4000 to begin with, to avvoid a situation where everyone wants to go too this new exciting server. This could work, but a downside would be if every top 100 guild goes over, and all the best pvp players transfers, then the "cap" kicks in. We might see alot of players want to be on the server were all the best guys are.
If they make two pvp servers i really hope the 50/50 split makes sure that both servers will have highly skilled and experienced players both PvE and PvP so that one server doesnt stand out more.
Vademica
Tester

by Arise » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:32 pm

azreal3133 wrote:Would be nice to get some news on this, I've refrained from playing for the past few days because I don't want to waste my time if they're going to be opening up a 2nd server.

The complete and total lack of any comment of the devs that even has the slightest suggestion towards the opening of a second server makes you stop playing in expectation of that about as logical as you quiting your job and selling your house because the whole world population might soon be moved to the planet Saturn.
Arise
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements