Lag, Alterac Valley, & forbidden activities

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Lag, Alterac Valley, & forbidden activities

by Mchayes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:16 am

DeeMarie wrote:
Badtank wrote:Little hard not to be with the joke of a state content is in on this server right now. It's embarrassing.

To be fair, they've had a lot to do regarding bots, gold selling, latency and an insane population.

However, people came here for the content. AV/BWL should have hit almost two months ago. We were told it was all scripted (although testing is a great idea and something guilds can get involved in). A guideline is one thing, but when content starts getting delayed by months, people look at the end game of AQ/Naxx being years away.

That's fine, but established guilds rolled here, spent time levelling, grinding, dungeoneering, to do content that was promised quicker than other servers. If those promises don't materialise, they shouldn't be surprised when guilds can't fill raids and quit. It's already happening. And if you want to see what happens when large sections of the community start to disappear, take a look at Feenix's Emerald Dream.

Good post. I came here with the hope of 'it' being different. With 'it' being a word the private players call soon. Regardless of the high population, wow is still about endgame which currently is shit for a long while. Zero incentive to play other than raid-times. Dire Maul still has multitude of bugs.. Gear gets random updates.. Patchnotes not being posted.. again bad communication.
Mchayes
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Escudo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:29 am

It's the best server out there and that is something.

I do agree that communication should be improved, even if it's just to tell the community how busy the devs are with X, Y or Z.
Escudo
Tester

by Badtank » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:51 am

DeeMarie wrote:
Badtank wrote:Little hard not to be with the joke of a state content is in on this server right now. It's embarrassing.

To be fair, they've had a lot to do regarding bots, gold selling, latency and an insane population.

However, people came here for the content. AV/BWL should have hit almost two months ago. We were told it was all scripted (although testing is a great idea and something guilds can get involved in). A guideline is one thing, but when content starts getting delayed by months, people look at the end game of AQ/Naxx being years away.

That's fine, but established guilds rolled here, spent time levelling, grinding, dungeoneering, to do content that was promised quicker than other servers. If those promises don't materialise, they shouldn't be surprised when guilds can't fill raids and quit. It's already happening. And if you want to see what happens when large sections of the community start to disappear, take a look at Feenix's Emerald Dream.

That's exactly what i'm saying, I just don't give a shit about bots and gold sellers, not at this point. It's nice that they are being caught but this should not be your main focus. A handful of community picked mods could be doing that shit like monkeys at a typewriter. This should not be a big selling point, content should. The timeline is beyond off at this point and it just makes me worried. They have waited so long that every single guild is going to be full BiS and blow through BWL and we are just going to go back into this cycle and at this rate we won't even see AQ40 tell what, march next year at the soonest(if even that, god knows how long ZG will take)? Going by how this test was ran I doubt we will even see BWL before October.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I just feel like i'm being jerked around and it makes no sense. The dev's are not making shit off this, you guys need to come and be straight forward about your plans for content. If it's going to take longer just say so but keeping us in the dark and then doing dumb shit like nerfing viskag and eternal blade of darkness instead without any kind of heads up is really just aggravating when we barley have any loot worth a shit in raids anyway.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dokah » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:00 pm

ZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Well said badtank
Dokah
Tester

by BuffGamer » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Whatever the devs did this morning (I suspect it might have something to do with the "dynamic" lag solution), they fucked up. I log into Ironforge and go to the bank and it takes literally 5 minutes for the mailbox, bankers and 80% of the people to spawn. Then I run to the rogue vendor, takes 3 minutes for him to appear. Then I run to the flight path - takes 2 minutes for him to appear.

This is a retarded solution to a 1/3 second delay that I would otherwise be getting with this level of population, and I doubt it even has a significant positive impact on lag/delay. Fix this quick.
BuffGamer
Private
Private

by Holmes » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:24 pm

man, i think this just gave me the best idea ever about how to fix the lag: set the view distance regarding other players to 0 (never) and everything else to normal in the open world.
Holmes
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Havana » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:54 pm

21-50 ST
6200 online

Some small delay but can not even compare to this unplayable lag was last 4 weeks.
Havanaclub night elf druid
Havanatime dwarf hunter
Catmint gnome warlock
Havana
Grunt
Grunt

by Robotron » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:22 pm

AV WHEN?
VIS'KAG UNNERF WHEN?
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by PanTheSatyr » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:18 pm

BuffGamer wrote:Whatever the devs did this morning (I suspect it might have something to do with the "dynamic" lag solution), they fucked up. I log into Ironforge and go to the bank and it takes literally 5 minutes for the mailbox, bankers and 80% of the people to spawn. Then I run to the rogue vendor, takes 3 minutes for him to appear. Then I run to the flight path - takes 2 minutes for him to appear.

This is a retarded solution to a 1/3 second delay that I would otherwise be getting with this level of population, and I doubt it even has a significant positive impact on lag/delay. Fix this quick.

And invisible mobs in EPL are so much fun to deal with....
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by OGTUCKER117 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:23 pm

BuffGamer wrote:Whatever the devs did this morning (I suspect it might have something to do with the "dynamic" lag solution), they fucked up. I log into Ironforge and go to the bank and it takes literally 5 minutes for the mailbox, bankers and 80% of the people to spawn. Then I run to the rogue vendor, takes 3 minutes for him to appear. Then I run to the flight path - takes 2 minutes for him to appear.

Yea something is messed up, it takes forever for NPC's to appear.
OGTUCKER117
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements