• Satyr's Bow
  • Blade of Eternal Darkness
  • Blackblade of Shahram
  • Vis'kag the Bloodletter
  • Hands of the Exalted Herald
  • Deathbone Guardian set items
  • Fixed loot tables for Dragonmaw Shortsword, Flesh Piercer
  • Pattern: Hide of the Wild (added)
  • Brann Bronzebeard's Lost Letter (item removed)
  • Recipes for Robe of the Void, Robe of the Archmage, and Truefaith Vestments are no longer soulbound

Exactly what itempatch is this intended to be..? I can find tons of errors in that update just by looking through the old patchnotes.. alot of items that shouldn't be updated are already update or being updated now and tons of updates are missing.

What exactly are Nostalrius trying to do with these itempatches atm? They are all over the place!

Don't waste so much time on items if it's still gonna turn out wrong.. might aswell update all items right away anything is better than these random itempatches.

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Patch_1.5.0
Here is 1.5 patchnotes which is the one we should be one right now (AV patch)

Let me quote how items was affected this patch:
Items Edit
The following item sets have had their statistics, effects, and set bonuses updated:
Arcanist, Netherwind, Prophecy, Transcendence, Felheart, Nemesis, Cenarion, Stormrage Raiment, Nightslayer, Bloodfang, Giantstalker, Dragonstalker, Earthfury, Ten Storms, Might, Wrath, Lawbringer, and Judgement.
Mature Blue Dragon Sinew and The Eye of Shadow can both now drop off appropriate level demonic and blue dragonkin monsters. It should be noted that both Lord Kazzak and Azuregos will guarantee a drop of the aforementioned items but to get the items from the lesser creatures will be a much rarer occurrence.
Essence of Eranikus now has a poison cloud graphic around it when used.
Murloc Scale Belt and Breastplate recipes now are white items instead of green since they are vendor bought.
Gryphon Mail Gauntlets now have a proper inventory icon.
Ogre Toothpick Shooter now uses the proper attack animation.
Distracting Dagger now sheathes properly.
Mountain Giants in Feralas now drop loot more appropriate to their elite status.
The Druid of the Claw quest in Teldrassil will now provide a weapon choice more appropriate for low level Night Elves.
The Dreadmist set now has a bonus for wearing all 8 pieces of the set.
Cutthroat's Loincloth name changed to Cutthroat's Pants.
Ritual Kilt name changed to Ritual Leggings.
Felstriker effect's name changed to Felstriker to reflect the previously patched item name change.
Ogre Pocket Knife, Peacemaker, and Lok'delar, Stave of the Ancient Keepers now sheathe properly.
Dragonbreath Chili's effect visual fixed.
The Oblivion's Touch wand properly shoots now.
Deepstrider Tumors are now a 100% drop off Deepstrider sea giants in Desolace.
New art has been added for Nightslayer, Lawbringer, and Beaststalker's item sets.
The Arcanist Crown has updated art.

Also- by looking through all earlier patches I can find no background for several of the item changes this patch on nost.

So right now the item patches are not following any particular patch but are infact random. This is not what initially was announced so is there a new plan for item patches?
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Dev Patchnote 2015/07/05

by Luffaz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:09 pm

Recipes for Robe of the Void, Robe of the Archmage, and Truefaith Vestments are no longer soulbound

Guess I screwed up by learning Truefaith Vestments on my Warlock 8-)
Luffaz
Private
Private

by res » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Plask wrote:Exactly what itempatch is this intended to be..? I can find tons of errors in that update just by looking through the old patchnotes.. alot of items that shouldn't be updated are already update or being updated now and tons of updates are missing.

What exactly are Nostalrius trying to do with these itempatches atm? They are all over the place!

As far as I know they are just fixing items that had the wrong stats according to what patch we are already supposed to be on, so its more of a fix than a real "world of warcraft" patch.

For example the Blade of Eternal Darkness was supposed to be an use item in this patch and not a passive proc (which was changed later), and that was fixed with this patch.

They are just fixing errors on their part, not actually doing a new wow patch.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Guybrush » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:46 pm

Plask wrote:Exactly what itempatch is this intended to be..? I can find tons of errors in that update just by looking through the old patchnotes.. alot of items that shouldn't be updated are already update or being updated now and tons of updates are missing.

We were already on 1.4 but those items still had wrong stats, they were now fixed.

If the items bother you so much, I suggest you take a look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=11762
Guybrush
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kjepp » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:18 pm

But if we are on 1.4, why are items like Benediction missing?

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Benediction_(staff)
Kjepp
Grunt
Grunt

by Cousy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:01 pm

We're on 1.3 right now. When Dire Maul released. If you want to see the items with their appropriate stats for this patch use https://web.archive.org/web/20050424081 ... hazam.com/ and search for between March 7th and May 7th 2005. If you look at just the patch notes, you're going to be woefully misinformed.

They've said multiple times 1.4 and 1.5 are coming together with the next patch that includes AV. 1.4 added new items to the tables of dungeons and MC and also updates some of the raid gear. 1.5 added even more items to the loot tables. Basically the 1.5 version of MC is the 1.12 version of MC so in a couple weeks, things should be simpler.

The patch notes here are an accumulation of the changes over the past few weeks, which reflect the 1.3 version of the server. They've announced they will have a new post update with all the changes coming for the next patch soon.
Cousy
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ritjos71 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:38 pm

Also for people that haven't been paying attention. This wasn't just one patch that we received on July 5th or whatever. A good chunk of this as far as items went came the week after the DM launch. They fixed a bunch of the gear such as the trinkets and things like the bracers of the eclipse. The patches aren't "all over the place" they are just fixing issues as they come to them. I don't know why they decided to release a combined patch notes once a month instead of as they go, it does lead to this kind of confusion.
ritjos71
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Codeine » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:55 am

Spirit of Aquementas is still using its pre- 1.3 stats. This item being forgotten about.
Codeine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plask » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:22 am

ritjos71 wrote:Also for people that haven't been paying attention. This wasn't just one patch that we received on July 5th or whatever. A good chunk of this as far as items went came the week after the DM launch. They fixed a bunch of the gear such as the trinkets and things like the bracers of the eclipse. The patches aren't "all over the place" they are just fixing issues as they come to them. I don't know why they decided to release a combined patch notes once a month instead of as they go, it does lead to this kind of confusion.

Ah of course, now it makes sense lol. I was 100% sure it looked like a very recent update because of the date and the description about it being the latest patchnote. So it's actually a compilation of latests small fixes ;)
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ritjos71 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:01 am

Codeine wrote:Spirit of Aquementas is still using its pre- 1.3 stats. This item being forgotten about.

Pretty sure every casters favorite off hand will be nerfed come the AV patch with the rest of the 1.5 update.
ritjos71
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements