Alterac Valley status

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley status

by zarzer » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Plask wrote:What you're suggesting is that a private server with completely different staff situation should apply Blizzard ToS, which is completely retarded. Infact, just because Blizzard did it a certain way doesn't neccesarily mean it was the best way to do it even. Stop crying that you cannot use a script to get more easy reputation without risking a ban, it's fair and the best solution until the script can be prevented.

If they didn't like it they should have removed it before they opened the servers. This was so well known for so many years. If they dev/gm team didn't know about it, it sais more about them than us..
zarzer
Private
Private

by Ohhgee » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Nostalrius left the Blizzlike ability to group queue AV in the game, they didn't say ANYTHING about it not being allowed, and then they punished players for using it.

Then furthermore they blame test guilds for the fact that this ability was in the game, when the reality is that testing group queue was not even possible with the PTR's population.

I just don't understand this :/
Ohhgee
Level 60 Human Mage
<NOPE>
Ohhgee
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Noxm » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:55 pm

Link me some bug report of monkeynews, maitoz or other plz ?

As i say test realm is 10 players.

Those player ban contribute ?

Make me wrong plz..

I was Mad when i saw Sethzer stream test realm with ont y 4 players in his side
Nostalrius PvP -
Noxm - <Core Raider of Emphasis>
Alt : Noxmk - Noxmq
Noxm
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Imbaslap » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:41 pm

stop blaming testers.

actively testing this sort of thing was impossible on the PTR. the only way to really check was to ask the devs about the script and lazypig and see if they could investigate it.
I honestly don't get why bans are being passed out for something that couldn't really be tested on the PTR or confirmed under all the sources given that it was possible on blizzard servers.
this reminds me of the whole safespotting issue over again where bans get handed out like gum in middle school.
(no normal person playing would know how the addons work or its function on the scripts)
rip half the PTR test team.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Badtank » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:49 pm

This is a terrible decision akin to the bad ones feenix made. Please don't be like feenix, no one wants that shit again. This is a blizzlike feature, if you guys where as knowledgeable about vanilla as you always claim you would know this. It was acknowledged and used until the que as group feature was re-added way down the line.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by sidesprang » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:51 pm

Plask wrote:
I see, "we did not know". So are you saying these players didn't intentionally abuse the script, instead unknowingly got with the premade into the same AV every time without noticing? It's pretty far fetched. I don't know what this has to do with ED, or which person clears BWL the fastest has to do with anything. Cut it out with the childish attitude; feigning ignorance and flaming me completely off topic.. I guess you didn't have anything significant to come with to being with.

Just stop spewing bullshit and lies, you dont know jack shit about this topic as proven by your comments. Matter of fact is that we as testers DID NOT know about this "abuse", can even watch monkeys stream, some guy told em about it after AV was out. Then they started doing it. Matter of fact is also that it was LEGAL and not considered abuse in vanilla, as proven by GM response to a topic back in 2006. So yeh just keep defending and gather your pitchfork against the testers when you dont know anything about the topic in the first place, makes you look real smart.
Team Plague - Sidesprang (Warrior)
Nope - Sidesprang (Warrior)
sidesprang
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Battlepug » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Although I disagree with some content/timeline choices by the devs/admins, there is nothing to argue here. Its an exploit, who cares if it was possible on retail. You find it - you report it and avoid it.

Then again, there is still DM farmed by hunters - why is that not an exploit then? Somehow banhammer seems to be inconsistent.
Battlepug
Grunt
Grunt

by sidesprang » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Battlepug wrote:Although I disagree with some content/timeline choices by the devs/admins, there is nothing to argue here. Its an exploit, who cares if it was possible on retail. You find it - you report it and avoid it.

Then again, there is still DM farmed by hunters - why is that not an exploit then? Somehow banhammer seems to be inconsistent.

It was not even just possible on retail it was CONFIRMED BY GMS that it was allowed...
Team Plague - Sidesprang (Warrior)
Nope - Sidesprang (Warrior)
sidesprang
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Shiggs13 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:19 pm

Battlepug wrote:Although I disagree with some content/timeline choices by the devs/admins, there is nothing to argue here. Its an exploit, who cares if it was possible on retail. You find it - you report it and avoid it.

Yeah Idk where these ppl are getting this "explout" garbage from. It was allowed on retail. Idk why somepeople don't understand that.
Shiggs13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Sentient » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:22 pm

As i see it, those banned are willing to accept the Nost view that they consider it an exploit.

But in this case, it should have been clearly communicated by the Nost staff via a thread in this very forum, prior to the release of AV.

However no such announcement was made, and the fact that it was acceptable on original retail servers, and that the Nost staff left the script API functioning, seemed to signal that they didn't consider it an exploit.

As it turns out, they do in fact consider it exploiting. Unfortunately the players are not mind readers and are facing the consequences for not being telepathic mediums.

Privately run servers of most games always have terrible communication, this is a clear example.

I guess people can shout that if they'd have known, then they wouldn't have done it. The amount of hours that people have invested into this server would suggest that this sentiment would hold true.
Sentient
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements