Alterac Valley status

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley status

by Plask » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:27 pm

Azi wrote:I only wonder which part of ToU's been violated here. Unless using legitimate game mechanics is considered as a bug abuse nowadays. That'd be fun, wouldn't it?

You know what more would be fun?

If people stopped crying about not being allowed to premade AV.
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Talryx » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Dude seriously, some folks need to remember that at least to some people this is a VIDEO GAME intended to provide a few hours of FUN here and there.

That is, as opposed to a WAY OF LIFE / JOB.

As in maybe some things should be left in a way so that you can pop on, get into a group and play around, kill some bitches, have a good time. Rather than like being obligated to coordinate with headsets and plan like crazy and just geek the ever loving shit out of it until it feels more like work than play.
Talryx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Azi » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Plask wrote:
If people stopped crying about not being allowed to premade AV.

Your ignorance at its finest. The outrage (excluding whining of those who whine at literally anything) is not about not being able to premade AV. Nostalrius belongs to the staff and they can set whatever rules they can imagine after all. It's about banning people who didn't violate any rules under "abusing games mechanics" label, which never took place. But hey, it's a free server, right?
Azi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dreez » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Azi wrote:I only wonder which part of ToU's been violated here. Unless using legitimate game mechanics is considered as a bug abuse nowadays. That'd be fun, wouldn't it?

If you take it like that, almost every exploit is done through legitimate game mechanics. That's the nature of a bug abuse...
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Azi » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Dreez wrote:If you take it like that, almost every exploit is done through legitimate game mechanics. That's the nature of a bug abuse...

And how was that an exploit?
Azi
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by skyracer500 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:30 pm

Just wanted to say, thanks viper for deleting my factual statement :) If you can't handle the truth, don't make a thread where people can comment and post the truth.
skyracer500
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Dreez » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:06 pm

Azi wrote:
Dreez wrote:If you take it like that, almost every exploit is done through legitimate game mechanics. That's the nature of a bug abuse...

And how was that an exploit?

explained that some pages earlier... look it up for full explanation

if the staff says it wasn't intended to be possible, using this bug is an exploit to them
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Lualyrr » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:24 pm

more curious about what's up with AV que time today (at least horde side) ?
30min que for 1 game, then 49min que for another and so on.. :shock:
Or has everyone just stopped playing it after gettin exalted?
Lualyrr
Grunt
Grunt

by diogenes » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:51 pm

Plask wrote:There is no way that would be possible to do. Human reactions and voicecom lagg, much? Although that wasn't the issue was it, the issue was that it put them in the same AV every time?

It seems you're not really that aware with addons such as AV enabler, and lazy pig. The lag that you experience on the game is certainly enough to cause a 200-300 ms difference in queue time, which is well within the range of human reaction time. However, I 100% acknowledge that it would be more difficult to get everyone to queue at the same time as with av enabler or lazy pig, it isn't as difficult for to do as you're suggesting. Back in vanilla on retail, we would queue as 10-20 on a fairly consistent basis and we usually all got in the same AV even with 1.12 came out and xrealm battlegrounds were around.

Further, queuing with AV enabler or lazy pig won't even put you in the same av as your raid "every time." I even suspect that there were plenty of times when 3-5 people or more were left out of the raid. If 5 people have queued on your faction, and then 40 more queue using av enabler, the game won't just automatically put the 40 who queued at the same time together and then make the 5 people wait, it is going to queue the 5 people into the raid and then the 5 who queued last will have to wait.

Doing this without an addon isn't as hard as you're suggesting. All you do is get everyone to queue at the same time, via the in game chat, then when AV pops you check and make sure most of the raid has been selected for AV X. If more than 30 people got the pop for AV X then you all join, if 20 people get AV X and the other 20 get AV Y then you all leave queue, wait for the AVs to fill up, then queue again using the in game chat.

You don't even need voice chat for this to work, its not difficult, and to suggest that it is, shows you really don't understand battleground queues.

But really, thanks for answering not answering my question. So I'll ask it again:

Is is considered abuse for everyone to queue into the same AV using in game voice chat?

EDIT:

Actually after watching Monkeynews' video it is rather obvious that they did abuse some bug. It may be that they just used a macro to achieve this effect, but its rather obvious that it wasn't accomplished via the av enabler "method" that I was talking about. The part of monkeynews' video, around 1:33:00, where it shows "your group has queued for Kalimdor" makes it rather obvious that this was not simply just synchronizing the time in which you hit "join queue." He wasn't even within range of a battlemaster.

I don't know how they did what they did, but it wasn't done by synchronizing queues. Therefore, I'm guessing then, that synchronizing your queues with other players is not an exploit of "client limitations."
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gzanothor » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:48 am

I really think people need to calm down and wait for this to be perfected, if you want a good experiance you are going to have to endure a month or two or even three of bugs untill its all smoothed out. Expecting a perfect AV on launch from non blizzard people providing a FREE service is selfish.

These guys are doing a great job just give it time.
Gzanothor
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements