Nostalrius official announcements

Re: 5 months already!

by Imbaslap » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:42 am

#thestruggle
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Plask » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:48 am

DeeMarie wrote:One day you might get banned for doing something Blizz-like and no one will be there to defend you.

That's completely fine, you got banned for Blizzlike things on retail aswell :)

It's so annoying not being able to abuse and hack, right?
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bevv » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:52 am

Pirawow wrote:Best server ever.
Worst community ever.

amen
Bevv
Tester

by Badtank » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Plask wrote: to abuse and hack, right?

You keep using those words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plask » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Badtank wrote:
Plask wrote: to abuse and hack, right?

You keep using those words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

I'm very well aware of what they mean, difference from me and banned players is that I respect them.

Are you saying the players got banned for a reason other then abusing? Please elaborate. In my opinion the ToU has to be enforced at some point. Just play the game nice and fair. Or play somewhere else where they tolerate it I guess.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DeeMarie » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:19 pm

Plask wrote:Are you saying the players got banned for a reason other then abusing? Please elaborate.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but...as I understand it, the premade leaders (testers on the ptr) were banned by Nos for 'deliberately keeping the queuing bug secret'. Consider that more than 40v40 was never an issue on the PTR, hence it never came up, or that this /script and even the addon were used on live and other private servers, so people assumed it was kosher and didn't think to report it or that Nos wouldn't allow it.

Nos assumed it was deliberate abuse and brought the ban hammer. Which shows that they lack classic knowledge of how things worked back then and therefore you will have to guess what might be allowed and what will get you banned from now on. Also, when it came to light queuing as a premade for AV was legitimate, did they reverse those bans?

Nos has to protect the integrity of their server and unfortunately people will face bans undeserved or not. If you want to play on any private server you do so at your own risk. I'm glad they're communicating more, I'm just sad they handled the incident so badly.
Nostalrused...
DeeMarie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Zelious » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:40 pm

itt:

Morons continuing to argue with the people who create and enforce the rules on a privately ran server.

Morons telling the devs how to run their privately ran server.

Morons whom are so painfully entitled it hurts my brain to think they're actual human beings.
--

I really love Nostalrius, thank you guys for creating something great. I log in just about every day and have gotten lots of friends to join as well. This place is special and I really appreciate the updates and dedication you put forth into your server. Many thanks.
Zelious
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Plask » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:57 pm

DeeMarie wrote:
Plask wrote:Are you saying the players got banned for a reason other then abusing? Please elaborate.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but...as I understand it, the premade leaders (testers on the ptr) were banned by Nos for 'deliberately keeping the queuing bug secret'. Consider that more than 40v40 was never an issue on the PTR, hence it never came up, or that this /script and even the addon were used on live and other private servers, so people assumed it was kosher and didn't think to report it or that Nos wouldn't allow it.

Nos assumed it was deliberate abuse and brought the ban hammer. Which shows that they lack classic knowledge of how things worked back then and therefore you will have to guess what might be allowed and what will get you banned from now on. Also, when it came to light queuing as a premade for AV was legitimate, did they reverse those bans?

Nos has to protect the integrity of their server and unfortunately people will face bans undeserved or not. If you want to play on any private server you do so at your own risk. I'm glad they're communicating more, I'm just sad they handled the incident so badly.

The ones that got banned were also the ones that were organising the premades to exploit the flaw in the queue system, so it would make sense to pin the blame on them. Later on they also got to take some shit as they apparently were testers, which of course is ironic and reflects badly. The questionmark that has to be raised is would someone that exploits something the second it gets released on live server even bother to report a bug on testserver when they can exploit it?

You can obviously premade AV still by queuing at the same time, but that would obviously be allowed since you're still queing normally. The questionable part was using a script to queue as raid (the group queing button is disabled for AV but you could use the script to force it).
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Momoh » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:46 am

Plask wrote:
DeeMarie wrote:

The ones that got banned were also the ones that were organising the premades to exploit the flaw in the queue system, so it would make sense to pin the blame on them. Later on they also got to take some shit as they apparently were testers, which of course is ironic and reflects badly. The questionmark that has to be raised is would someone that exploits something the second it gets released on live server even bother to report a bug on testserver when they can exploit it?

You can obviously premade AV still by queuing at the same time, but that would obviously be allowed since you're still queing normally. The questionable part was using a script to queue as raid (the group queing button is disabled for AV but you could use the script to force it).

You're actually a spastic
Melodyx
Momoh
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dongabhana » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:12 am

Thank you Nos for your hard work!
I thought this was a dating site?
Dongabhana
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant