Blackwing Lair available on PTR

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Blackwing Lair available on PTR

by Ritzy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:27 am

Sulg wrote:maybe bwl was just really well done bro)

It actually has been going very well! We have found some minor issues and one big exploit, but overall things are running quite smoothly (tested everything but Nef to this point, and only one clear, so we'll see how it looks after another pass).
Ritzy
Private
Private

by Viper » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:42 am

If you want us to reset an ID related to PTR realm for deeper testing, don't hesitate to ask.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

by pmizz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:46 am

Update characters please we have a fair number of 58s and 59s
QG-Pmizzrym
SC2-Pmizz
ED-Gork,Pmizz
Nost-Pmizz<ThunderCats>
Kronos-Pmizzrym<TC>
pmizz
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Plask » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:12 am

rottix wrote:"With the opening of Alterac Valley, we discovered that players abused major in-game bugs. The problem is that these players were also part of the guilds which were given access to the PTR realm for testing, meaning that this abuse was hidden from the staff on purpose for weeks."

Some players were punished for testing the PTR previously. I can see how some of your more dedicated and knowledgeable player base does not want to participate in submitting bugs anymore.

You also have a lot of guilds using the PTR as a means to progress into content which is wrong. The PTR should be used to test the content not "progress" which a lot of guilds are doing currently.

I don't think a few players boycotting the PTR will have impact on the reporting. Their guilds are still playing on PTR aren't they?

What's wrong with using PTR to progress the content? You can note down and report bugs meanwhile. I myself have done so and see no issue with it. I think alot of guilds are stuck on early bosses though and don't have much to report (well, I do know some that cleared everything but didn't haven't reported a single bug), I mean how many of the testing guilds have actually cleared everything?
Sidesprang wrote:Defcap is overrated at current state of the game.
Plask
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Imbaslap » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:11 pm

an announcement of things needing rechecked (after they are fixed) so guilds can do another run through again would be beneficial. right now we are just trying to bug everything out and break the entire instance until the boss/trash mobs get fixed.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Mopak » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:29 pm

Btw, what about darkmoon faire update? I mean release of trinkets and necks.
Mopak
Grunt
Grunt

by propergamer1978 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Greetings GM Viper, can you add the goblin technician "Hourglass Sand" to the respective city merchants for us to test Chromgus? We'll be attempting him tomorrow.

ATM we've noticed that the 2 warlock mobs after Broodlord Lasher is doing a single target shadowbolt, instead of a multitarget Shadowbolt, but we'll test it out tomorrow on mobs further in to confirm.

Like others have said previously, we are able to bunnyhop into the gate to totally avoid supression room.

Great job by the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overwhelm of <The Alliance Pub>
propergamer1978
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Syphonize » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:17 pm

Trum wrote:
Syphonize wrote:Does the debuff limit get raised with BWL or later? I couldn't remember when that was added but I vaguely remember it was around this time.

Patch 1.7

Zul'gurub

Interesting. Does this mean things such as the Mind Vision "exploit" would still work on fights like Vael until the debuff limit is increased?
Syphonize
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by pmizz » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:02 pm

pmizz wrote:Update characters please we have a fair number of 58s and 59s

plz respond
QG-Pmizzrym
SC2-Pmizz
ED-Gork,Pmizz
Nost-Pmizz<ThunderCats>
Kronos-Pmizzrym<TC>
pmizz
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Youfie » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:03 pm

Syphonize wrote:
Trum wrote:
Syphonize wrote:Does the debuff limit get raised with BWL or later? I couldn't remember when that was added but I vaguely remember it was around this time.

Patch 1.7

Zul'gurub

Interesting. Does this mean things such as the Mind Vision "exploit" would still work on fights like Vael until the debuff limit is increased?

What exactly is this exploit?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements