Alterac Valley Saturday

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Alterac Valley Saturday

by PeaceHammer » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:43 pm

ultimatez wrote: PvE server with no transfers

Yes! If they do this, it will be a smashing success. Several of my friends left Nos for one reason, they kept getting ganked. Call them carebears or whatever, but the reality is there are loads of people who want to play Blizzlike Vanilla on a PvE realm. I don't mind rerolling. Hell, I prefer it. Another fresh start server will generate even more hype and bring in even more new people. :D

/fingers crossed
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by lupeh » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:13 am

I hate pve realms, imo world pvp is a awesome thing in vanilla wow. When flying mounts came with tbc it ruined world pvp.
But i imo not even half the players on the server want a pve realm and it would lead in low pop in the pve server.

But then again i do not know how many people want pve
Retribution Paladin ~ The Blooders
lupeh
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by macu67 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:17 am

You guys are adorable... New server will probably be used to separate Instances from world or Kalimdor form Eastern Kingdoms. Just my guess. Keep dreaming about PvE or Instant 60 realm. :)
macu67
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ultimatez » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:40 am

macu67 wrote:You guys are adorable... New server will probably be used to separate Instances from world or Kalimdor form Eastern Kingdoms. Just my guess. Keep dreaming about PvE or Instant 60 realm. :)

From a strictly business standpoint, a pve realm would be the smartest decision for the nost staff. They would be literally the ONLY good option for all the players looking for that. There are probably several thousand people that haven't even played here who would join a pve server specifically because it is just that. The exact same way that thousands of people were ready to jump on a 1x vanilla server to begin with, even though people (including the staff) only expected maybe 1-2k at first. Not to mention all the people who missed the boat and want a fresh server launch.

In short, they'd stand to gain a lot more new players with a separate pve realm than if they only use the new hardware for their current realm.
ultimatez
Grunt
Grunt

by Stalk » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:28 pm

The players that have the most to lose by creating a PvE realm are the players that enjoy PvP ganking in open world areas. If more players move to the PvE server, then there will be less players on the main server for them to effortlessly farm. These discussions are most likely tainted with some bias when arguing against the option of a PvE server because the players that enjoy vanilla for its open-world PvP (who knows why) don't want to lose the option to farm badly geared players that are trying to quest in high level zones. When I want to PvP, I go to battlegrounds.
Stalk
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by PeaceHammer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:32 pm

Stalk wrote:The players that have the most to lose by creating a PvE realm are the players that enjoy PvP ganking in open world areas. If more players move to the PvE server, then there will be less players on the main server for them to effortlessly farm. These discussions are most likely tainted with some bias when arguing against the option of a PvE server because the players that enjoy vanilla for its open-world PvP (who knows why) don't want to lose the option to farm badly geared players that are trying to quest in high level zones. When I want to PvP, I go to battlegrounds.

Bingo.

The wolves don't want to lose any of their lambs.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hawt » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Simonich wrote:Could you guys please fix some important bugs going on in alterac valley?

I have reported them on the bugtracker and they are still to be addressed.

Would be a big plus if you fixed them before this event.

Ground Assault is NOT working and cavalry/elemental summonscant be repeated

Lieutenants/Mine layers are respawning, while they shouldn't.

Vendor NPCs are being aggroed on sight while they should remain passive, they also respawn too fast, it should be 30 minutes. (Alliance favor)

This. Also Balinda and Galvanger are yelling sometimes after their death. Just sayin'.

Syrah wrote:Hello Simonich,

A lot of bugs, among the ones you have noticed, have been fixed recently towards Alterac Valley. If any remains, please PM me and I will make sure they are fixed as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Syrah.

Are those fixes live yet? Can we see the changelog?
Hawt
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Rylox » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:57 am

Could you let us know what weapons will be available for this?
Enigma - Voorhees - Kyudo - Vergara
Xyrae - Rylox - Hypnotrick
Rylox
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:41 am

They announce this while the crate quests and wing commander quests STILL don't work. The first will take your crates, but never do anything with them. At some point, the NPC will just spam every time you talk to him. He does this after getting all of the crates instead of what he's supposed to do. The wing commanders don't give quest credit, and afterwards, won't do their job even when they're rescued.

Oh and btw guards are still spawning at neutral bases during cap timers. You have to kill guards/archers again and again and again because the respawn does not properly pause during the cap timer.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Viper » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:53 pm

Fixed issue regarding Ground Assault status,
2 remaining lieutenants will no longer respawn,
Riders can now be summoned multiple times in the same Battleground, same goes for WB.

Available next server restart.

You find an issue on the server?
This way => viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6656
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements