Alterac Valley Saturday

Nostalrius official announcements

Alterac Valley Saturday

by Syrah » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Dear community,

Thanks to your contributions, Nostalrius now has the best original version of Alterac Valley since retail!
After weeks of polishing the battleground, you can now experience the pre nerf vanilla quests leading to epic summons, cavalry & aerial assaults, collect herbs and mine ores, and more!
To celebrate this, the team is proud to announce to you an exceptional Alterac Valley Event Saturday August 15th!

This exclusive 24 hours event will take place on a new realm on which you will be provided with instant 60 characters and vendors with R10 equipment to get you into the battleground as fast as possible!

This realm will be hosted on a new server in order to test its technical capacities for future use. ;)
The player cap will be set to 2,500 players.

Best regards,
Nostalrius.

F.A.Q.
I do not have an account on Nostalrius, how can I join AVS?
Accessing the Alterac Valley Realm is the same as Nostalrius Begins, create an account on the website, connect with the realmlist set realmlist login.nostalrius.org and choose the realm "Alterac Valley Saturday".

I already have an account, how can I join AVS?
You do not have to create another account, just connect with your account and change your realm to "Alterac Valley Saturday".

I am having trouble connecting, what should I do?
AverageJoe made a compilation of the problems you could encounter and their solutions, look it up here.

Is AVS a permanent second realm for Nostalrius or only available temporarily?
AVS is only available for 24 hours!
Syrah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Alterac Valley Saturday

by Simonich » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:22 pm

Could you guys please fix some important bugs going on in alterac valley?

I have reported them on the bugtracker and they are still to be addressed.

Would be a big plus if you fixed them before this event.

Ground Assault is NOT working and cavalry/elemental summonscant be repeated

Lieutenants/Mine layers are respawning, while they shouldn't.

Vendor NPCs are being aggroed on sight while they should remain passive, they also respawn too fast, it should be 30 minutes. (Alliance favor)
Last edited by Simonich on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by torpinator » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:26 pm

Sure sounds fun, amazing :)
torpinator
Tester

by Twizzerious » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:29 pm

40 man squad team <Grizzly>will be attending.
Twizzerious
Grunt
Grunt

by Joseph » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:44 pm

make it a perma funrealm, it would be nice and there is no instant 60 servers that exist atm so this is like as close as it is.
Joseph
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Simonich » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:54 pm

How about make servers that are world PvP based, with all zones being world objectives. You start as lvl 55.
Both factions will try to dominate whole azeroth and take enemy capital cities. The further you go to enemy lands the harsher the defense is. Each zone will have tameable towns and bases which require to kill a leader NPC or control a flag for 20 minutes etc.

The server will last for 3 days to 1 week, till its completely reset. Or it will last forever, whereas 1 faction will always have 1 capital city guarded by roflstomp elites. The further a faction advances ahead to enemy lands that are lower lvl zones (PS barrens will be hard to take, durotar even harder for alliance, but for horde retaking will be easy.) Basically turn whole azeroth into a battleground.

I can further continue this idea if someone is interest. I mean since they have gotten to make such temporary realms..well..just expressing my ideas here
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Syrah » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Hello Simonich,

A lot of bugs, among the ones you have noticed, have been fixed recently towards Alterac Valley. If any remains, please PM me and I will make sure they are fixed as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Syrah.
Last edited by Syrah on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Syrah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by djwood84 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Can't...contain...excitement! Now I get a week to decide what class to roll ... :D
djwood84
Private
Private

by Simonich » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:00 pm

How recently? The last announced in game updates? According to the bugtracker, there are still to be addressed or investigated further.

Can you tell me when was the last time an av bug fix has been applied?

And yes I will pm you the bugs with links from the tracker, with a priority tag on each (I already sent such pm to tyrael with no response)
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by br3athr » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Sounds awesome guys, will this be a 1 day event?
br3athr
Grunt
Grunt

Next

Return to Announcements