Message to the private servers community

Nostalrius official announcements

Message to the private servers community

by Syrah » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:15 pm

Dear community,

We hope you enjoyed your time during Alterac Valley Saturday! While you were playing, many performance indicators were monitored to determine the power of this new hardware. The whole staff wants to thank every single one of you for participating in this stress test. Thank you for your support.

Your time was very valuable as we have concluded that the tested hardware can support 5,000 online players at the same time, without lag: the AVS realm did not crashed once in 24 hours, and used only a small fraction of the power available.

Nostalrius heard you and your desire for a new PvE realm, we now have the software and the hardware to do this, but we lack a crucial component: you!

We need to find out if not only the Nostalrius community, but the whole private server community is willing to join a new Vanilla PvE realm, with all of the experience from our team. If you are interested in this new server, please join "Nostalrius Begins PvE" (same realmlist) at 9pm server time next Sunday (2015/08/23), and this will allow us to estimate the size of this possible new community: Stay connected on this server for the 30 minutes so that our system can count you automatically.

The fate of this new realm is now in your hands!

Best regards,
Nostalrius.

F.A.Q.
How long will the "Nostalrius Begins PvE" realm remain online?
The realm will be online next sunday (2015/08/23) at 9pm server time for 30 minutes only.

Will we be able to transfer our characters to the PvE realm?
The PvE realm is a new realm opening; therefore, transfers will not happen. With this new realm, we want to give the players that missed the Nostalrius Begins opening a second chance and create a new competition.

What will the timeline be?
The server will start in a pre 1.4 patch. The content will be gradually released in the same order it was / will be on Nostalrius PvP Realm.

What will happens after 30 minutes?
Server will shutdown and a calculus will be made to check the distinct number of people who were connected.
Following this, an internal meeting shall be scheduled to define the viability of this offer.
If the project is viable, the realm will be wiped and an opening date will be announced.

Can we have more data about the specification of this server?
The PVE server shouldn't allow more than 2,500 players.

What is the difference between a PVE realm and a PVP realm ?
WoWWiki wrote:The main difference between a PvP realm and a PvE realm is that in a PvP realm entering any contested or enemy territory automatically flags you for PvP combat and you cannot unflag yourself while in these zones.
Last edited by Syrah on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Syrah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Message to the private servers community

by Mastama » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:19 pm

wow :) new server? :o
Mastama
Tester

by PeaceHammer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:22 pm

Yes!

Thank you Nos, I love you guys so much. I'm gonna let everyone I know about this! :D
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Cfred » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:22 pm

NOOOOOO
Cfred
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Surp » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Huge mistake.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
300 Tailoring/Enchanting Horde Warlock
Surp
Grunt
Grunt

by Tenkar » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Please do not split the server, PvE server isnt needed. YOU WILL KILL THE SERVER.
Tenkar
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Kottery » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:27 pm

The PvE realm is a new realm opening; therefore, transfers will not happen.

Blegh

I really really really want to be off of this PvP server, but oh my god I do not want to restart from the ground up. Plus I worry that not having the ability for players to freely transfer between the two would cause a divide in the end-game playerbase.

The way I imagined having a PvE server was to simply have it there for people that don't like PvP and they can transfer there/make a character there, level them to 60, and then can transfer to the main server.
Apples - Warrior
Kotori - Paladin - Main
Kottery - Warlock
Kottery
Grunt
Grunt

by PeaceHammer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:27 pm

Tenkar wrote:Please do not split the server, PvE server isnt needed. YOU WILL KILL THE SERVER.

Stop being a drama queen. It won't kill the server, it will help it. Some players will reroll on PvE = less lag. And then a ton of new players will come to Nos as well.
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by dusky » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:28 pm

whats the point of doing the same stuff we already have ? bring the tbc.
dusky
Grunt
Grunt

by RIPPAHREKT » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:28 pm

I think theres no need of a new realm, just put a cap of the online players at 5000 and the rest must wait in the que, that should be good enough. THE CAP IS THE ONLY OPTION.
RIPPAHREKT
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Announcements