Message to the private servers community

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Message to the private servers community

by messica » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:51 am

recognizer wrote:Ultimately, I compare PvP and PvE to sports leagues. I'll pick hockey since I'm Canadian, but substitute it for baseball if you like.

PvP is more like a competitive league. People play to win. Someone looking for just some simple fun and not taking it seriously will get yelled at or made fun of... depending on which side you are on. You play to win. If you don't play at your best, you will have a bad time.

PvE is more like a beer league. You play for fun. You're out to socialize, exercise a little, and drink beer. You don't need to play your best and if you suck, the others are much more accepting as it's not like losing means anything... other than pride lost.

I have moved to prefer PvE. The stresses of work and life, I'm not interested in experiencing the same stress in an intense game and making sure i'm playing at my best. I have to do that 8 hours a day already. I want to unwind.

Having played on both PvP and PvE servers I disagree a little because there is competition on both. For some people competition is being the first to down a boss or have a high PvP rank both of which you can achieve on either realm type. The only thing you can achieve on a PvP realm that you can't on a PvE realm is killing people in the open world which I'll admit is fun.. Also, people on PvE realms are just as likely to be pissed if you suck. There is a reason there are casual guilds out there and yes they exist on both server types. I do agree with you about the convenience of a PvE server though. Its nice not having to constantly watch your back hoping you don't get ganked.
messica
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Oitake » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:21 pm

Harren wrote:It looked something like this: :? ......... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

That's the cutest way of representing being ganked by a multiboxer. Just report him, btw, I don't think multiboxing is allowed on this server where you can make endless accounts without a wall of payment.
There are no two sides, there's only the group.
Oitake
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Margatroid » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:02 pm

This thread is 166 pages long so I don't know if this has been discussed, but what I would also like to see is ANOTHER PVP SERVER.

Nostalrius has too many players. The admins seem to have the funding and infrastructure to create multiple servers. If the PVE server is popular and successful and Nost PVP still has way more players than a retail vanilla realm, I would like to see a second PVP server as well. Give those of us who are new a chance to start fresh on equal footing with others, to level up without being constantly ganked, and to play on a PVP realm where the high level zones (and all the zones, really) are not overpopulated and over-farmed. I want to have the experience of vanilla wow where encountering other players is a pleasure and somewhat of a novelty, rather than playing the game like it's a theme park where they let in 2000 more people than they normally allow and the rides all have enormous lines.

Nost's population is so large now that it can easily support three servers, especially with the additional players that the PVE server will bring in. Let's start a new PVP realm as well and see if we can make the populations blizzlike!
Margatroid
Grunt
Grunt

by MasterQuaster » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:11 am

I think we should wait for the PvE server and look what happens. If there are still too many players on the PvP realm I am sure that they consider a additional realm.
MasterQuaster
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Cepita » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:27 pm

No! this is a bad idea! dont split the server!
Cepita
Tester

by Robotron » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:00 pm

Cepita wrote:No! this is a bad idea! dont split the server!

lol
Robotron
Champion
Champion

Previous

Return to Announcements