Message to the private servers community

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Message to the private servers community

by PeaceHammer » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:44 pm

behemoth_dog wrote:
Gilnash wrote:add a que instead of more realms

Yep, the community expressed they wanted a PvE server, so the obvious solution is adding a queue to a pvp server?

IKR, love that logic ;)

Many people have requested a PvE server. Nos is now giving us a chance to see how much demand there is. I'm grateful for that. Everyone spread the word to, let's fill the new server!
PeaceHammer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Karrier » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:44 pm

no god no
Karrier
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Cfred » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Grizzly can come back and quit before BWL again. Lulululul
Cfred
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DKD » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else here and say this will ultimately tarnish the server or server(s) when content hype dies down. Putting a cap at 5.5-6k would help.
DKD
Private
Private

by Younie » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:47 pm

I don't really see the point besides spreading the vanilla community that already has a low enough player base.
What really makes Nostalrius interesting is its huge population, and that's what brings people from other vanilla projects atm.
With making this new realm, you have 3 possible outcome:
1) Huge flop, noone (read: ridiculously few) of the current Nost pop wants to reroll on another server. I wouldn't mind then, since it wouldn't really affect current nost state ... but what's the point?
2) Half Nost rerolls on this server. It would seriously damage current Nostralius.
3) It attracts tons of new players that don't play yet on Nost. It's probably what's the devs are expecting. Nostalrius is surfing on its hype and it's indeed the right timing to make such a move. But honestly I doubt there are enough new players out there to make this third hipothesis work.

Nostal has a huge population atm, but it won't necesserly stay the same for the years to come. If the current population is halved during the next years, AND spread among 2 servers, then it will just end up like Feenix eventually.
smite priest
Younie
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Haitharn » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Lol at all the people who think the server will split in half. I doubt even 3 raiding guilds will relevel on the PvE server. It's just going to be full of people who don't have a high lvl character on Nostalrius PvP. Quit your bitching, the server(s) will be fine.
Haitharn
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by A37927 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:47 pm

Finally, superb news!! Time to play here if we have a normal (PvE) server! :)
A37927
Tester

by Kha » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:48 pm

stupid decision to not make it pvp too...
Kha
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Thefilth » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Haitharn wrote:Lol at all the people who think the server will split in half. I doubt even 3 raiding guilds will relevel on the PvE server. It's just going to be full of people who don't have a high lvl character on Nostalrius PvP. Quit your bitching, the server(s) will be fine.

I agree.

In other words, there's no need for another server. Nobody is willing to relevel just to escape the occasional gank.
Thefilth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by airchandler » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Yes a new server is a good idea, many people including myself would prefer a new pve realm, getting ganked at nesingwary's camp for hours on end is not fun - plus it will relieve the stress which is on the pvp server at the moment with a huge amount of players splitting the community in half onto both servers 4-5k per server is a perfect playerbase for both realms to be active and stable. I think we should be able to transfer characters now to encourage people to transfer over to the new realm as the level experience from 1-60 is a long process for just to remove world pvp.
airchandler
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements