BWL update - PTR available again

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: BWL update - PTR available again

by Youfie » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Trum wrote:
Youfie wrote:And what about Vael despawning for 12/24 (?) after 1h btw ?

This is fine Youfie!

:)

And does Vael despawn if he is in combat when the timer expires (if not, I guess he despawns as soon as it is the case) ? No idea how it should be working though, just asking.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Badtank » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:25 am

Slicy wrote:
easygoes wrote:Anyone who's tested Nefarian know if the respawn is Blizzlike? I don't really care if they made it faster, I just want to prepare my body if I've got to wait 30 minutes between attempts

The way it is scripted on PTR is blizzlike, both for the gates not re-opening and the 15 mins respawn timer :

Nefarian encounter can be reattempted any number of times, however, it takes 15 minutes for him to reset after a wipe (as of patch 1.9.3). Prior to this patch, once the battle had progressed to Phase 2, and the remaining Drakonids had all been killed, the gates would never re-open. Therefore, a Soulstone or other wipe prevention must have been in place, or the battle could not be re-attempted until the instance had reset completely. Nefarian would still respawn after 15 minutes.

That's not blizzlike, the gate thing was a fucking bug. Holy shit lmao.
Badtank
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Xylon666Darkstar » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:45 pm

ayyy lmao
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by henkebenke » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:45 pm

For how long will it be down? Hope it's just a restart because the time is peak for EU guilds.
Henkebenke, 60 Human Warrior
Happyhunter, 60 Night Elf Hunter
Henq, 60 Dwarf Priest
henkebenke
Grunt
Grunt

by henkebenke » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:13 pm

So the server is back up. But those who are already attuned to BWL can't enter if they're not dead.

Those who are not attuned can loot the item but the blue orb is moved (to UBRS?).

Kinda hard to test content when our hunters are not able to enter the instance.
Henkebenke, 60 Human Warrior
Happyhunter, 60 Night Elf Hunter
Henq, 60 Dwarf Priest
henkebenke
Grunt
Grunt

by Slicy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Badtank wrote:
Slicy wrote:
easygoes wrote:Anyone who's tested Nefarian know if the respawn is Blizzlike? I don't really care if they made it faster, I just want to prepare my body if I've got to wait 30 minutes between attempts

The way it is scripted on PTR is blizzlike, both for the gates not re-opening and the 15 mins respawn timer :

Nefarian encounter can be reattempted any number of times, however, it takes 15 minutes for him to reset after a wipe (as of patch 1.9.3). Prior to this patch, once the battle had progressed to Phase 2, and the remaining Drakonids had all been killed, the gates would never re-open. Therefore, a Soulstone or other wipe prevention must have been in place, or the battle could not be re-attempted until the instance had reset completely. Nefarian would still respawn after 15 minutes.

That's not blizzlike, the gate thing was a fucking bug. Holy shit lmao.

You realise a bug can be blizzlike, don't you ? :lol:
Like the lack of LoS mechanic in midfield WSG for instance. I don't think Blizzard intended to have arrows, bullets and various types of bolts and spells getting through stones and trees in the first place for obvious reasons (yes I'm a butthurt melee). Yet it was like this during retail vanilla. It's the same here.

Now, whether you like or dislike a blizzlike bug doesn't matter much. I'm pretty sure you would also prefer seeing non blizzlike bugs get fixes before seeing fixes on blizzlike bugs right ?

Not sure if I'm clear enough here, but there are far more important bugs to fix at the moment concerning BWL (Wing Buffet, Bellowing Roar, Nef P1 adds spawn rates, hitboxes, several trash mobs spells, etc.) than this blizzlike bug punishing your raid ONLY if you wiped during P1 AND without being careful enough to have one wipe prevention up.

It could be even funnier to not be able to overcome this bug with wipe prevention, but that's just an opinion.
Grand Marshal Scarab Lord Slicy "Baguette"
Slicy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Brain » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:35 pm

Can you add Soul Shards to the vendor again?
Could save us a lot of time you know...

-Edit: Soul Shards added to vendor! Thanks :D
Brain Warlock CL of <Dreamstate>
Brainfart Braindead Brainsick Brainfreeze
http://dreamstate.shivtr.com/
Brain
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:46 pm

could we have the PTR in the future be private with guilds that want to assist with testing the raids with GM assist/walkthrough? this will help the server as a whole so we don't have guilds progressing on the first 2 bosses for months giving 0 bug reports/PTR feedback, who do not understand how the fights even work. this essentially puts a strain/high reliance on the guild/guilds who actually want to test everything on the PTR and ensure that it doesn't get released looking like a bag of murloc heads.

The current PTR state also diminishes, or quite possibly "ruins" the whole concept of raid progression/server first/competition if every guild can just progress on the Player Test Realm whenever and start throwing their PTR progression status in their Live recruitment macros. :roll: :roll:

some history for the newcomers:
The things we had in Open Beta "prior to release" (Exiled/Blacklisted can comment on it) was the lack of gear vendors/consumables/GM assist on broken/bugged mechanics/encounters. This essentially delayed any proper bug testing/reporting/finding during the time 40 members log on and actually choose to "test" the upcoming content/raids available to them. I really enjoyed doing AQ20 testing with dungeon set gear and 0 defense gear on the tanks (Sarcasm) because that's effective testing and a huge timesink on the player's part as well as the server staff.

I think everyone can agree that Nano has been a huge part of the BWL PTR testing and probably should be acknowledged for contributing as much. Having a Admin/GM watching multiple guilds PTR test BWL and being able to notify them on things to re-check/reconfirm so they can watch the encounters work or break entirely (all while being streamed/recorded for data mining for the developers) is a HUGE help to everyone.

My recommendation:
1. Have GM's/Admins or testing staff members assigned to guilds scheduled to PTR test so they have access to a staff member to monitor/assist with broken and bugged content. this will allow guilds more time to thoroughly test each part of the upcoming raid instance and extra time to try and exploit/break the encounters to remedy any issues/abuses on Live release.

1-A: Allow guilds/players allotted time slots during the week (similar to open beta) where the PTR will be up for 1 week to allow guilds to do a run through with GM assist, then compile reports on the bug tracker afterwards with the GM/Admin annotating anything noticed on the encounter during the test. afterwards, the corresponding GM/Admin will notify their assigned guild what needs rechecked/retested and schedule accordingly on the PTR.

1-B: Each of the testing guilds having an assigned GM/Admin that fits their raiding schedule and to be their contact for bugs found/issues during the test. the guild leaders/officers can communicate with this GM/Admin assigned to them and coordinate times that could fit their testing schedule.

Benefits:
This will help speed testing along and provide more accurate feedback and data for the Developers to get ample crunch time on getting things fixed and researched. right now, BWL bug tracker would not be anywhere near as active and thorough as it is without those key staff members assisting the guilds in testing the raids. (especially since Nefarian broke a lot and had issues, without a GM assist, not many guilds would be able to check phase 2 or most of the encounter due to the random reset+15min respawn)

I think Nano has a good thing going by being there for the PTR testing guilds to help us get more accurate data and have time to exploit/break the encounters within the instance that could be fatal if released on the Live realm.

I don't want to see how the AQ40 and Naxxramas PTR testing will go. The way it is handled at the moment, Do not expect those raids to be fixed within 1-2months while having the majority of the guilds progressing on the first couple of bosses/trash. Essentially wasting valuable development time instead of looking for things to check/break/exploit. This will in turn, delay content release even more. (I'm sure no one wants to wait 5+ years for AQ40 to be released)

TLDR, you won't have anyone really wanting to test your content on the PTR if we cannot get the basic tools to effectively test each trash pack/mechanic/boss fight/exploits at the start.

Hopefully this will help keep Nos ahead of the game, if not within the window of their proposed timeline.
Last edited by Imbaslap on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Zetox » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:21 pm

1+ @Imbaslap
Zetox
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Mud » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:49 pm

Most guilds "Progressing" BWL in the PTR were most likely going to down it the first week anyways. It's September, BWL when?
Mud
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements