Gurubashi Arena, mounts and cloth quartermasters

Nostalrius official announcements

Gurubashi Arena, mounts and cloth quartermasters

by Syrah » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:18 pm

The Gurubashi Arena is one of the few monuments one can visit in Stranglethorn Vale created by the ancient trolls of the Gurubashi Empire. The gladiatorial arena were built thousands of years ago but now stands in ruin after the civil war and fall of the Gurubashi Empire. It's one of the few places one can enter and not expect to be immediately captured and killed by the Bloodscalp and Skullsplitter tribes as the remaining Gurubashi trolls still hold games within the stadium. The participants are volunteers or captured adventurers, travelers who were sold to the Arena by the other tribes.

Be the first to conquer the arena and reap the treasures bestowed by the Bloodsail Pirates.

Dear community,

New features will become available Wednesday (08/26) after the weekly maintenance:

• The Arena opens once again for the entertainment of the Bloodsail Pirates. Are you formidable enough to face all those that stand before you? Come prove yourself!

• The pre-nerf mounts will remain available until the end of the weekend and will cost 1,000 gold along with being Binds on Equip before leaving the vendors for good.

• The new post-1.4 mounts will be available for purchase at the mount vendors at the cost of 100 gold.

• Brace yourself, cloth quartermasters are coming for the weekend. Cloth quartermasters earn their living by accepting large donations of Wool, Silk, Mageweave and Runecloth from adventurers and spreading good word of the donations far and wide.

Best regards,
Nostalrius.
Last edited by Syrah on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syrah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Gurubashi Arena, mounts and cloth quartermasters

by Sulg » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:52 pm

ayy boys looks like u forgot about the elemental invasion once again though. I firmly believe nothing is quite as important to a 1.12 server as a working elemental invasion event, get it right plz, let the raids wait
Sulg
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by euronmisc » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:53 pm

strong lol @ the mounts

u wot m8

why even jesus

brb blizzlike server

Edit: Just as a sidenote, sweet announcement, just confused about this weird mount policy.
Last edited by euronmisc on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
euronmisc
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bioness » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:57 pm

[*] The pre-nerf mounts will remain available until the end of the weekend and will cost 1,000 gold along with being Binds on Equip before leaving the vendors for good.

So glad I bought all of mine weeks ago.

euronmisc wrote:strong lol @ the mounts

u wot m8

why even jesus

brb blizzlike server

Technically all epic riding mounts were 1000g and BoE before patch 1.12, be glad they are only doing it for mounts that should have been removed weeks ago and not all of them.

Don't poke the dev bear.
Last edited by Bioness on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Yerted » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:59 am

Does this mean the white raptor is gone forever?
Yerted
Tester

by Bioness » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:06 am

Yerted wrote:Does this mean the white raptor is gone forever?

Yes, unless you find it on the AH from one of the people who bought it for 1000g, meaning they will likely sell it for far more than that.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Yerted » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:59 am

i just bought the white raptor for 70g, its not boe but i dont care. Atleast someday i can use it :D
Yerted
Tester

by Diametra » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:16 pm

The wording of this isn't clear to me. Are the arena and cloth QM going to be available after reset on Wednesday, or on the weekend. Is the cloth QM going to remain in game, or are they just available for the weekend?
Diametra
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Koopa » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Diametra wrote:The wording of this isn't clear to me. Are the arena and cloth QM going to be available after reset on Wednesday, or on the weekend. Is the cloth QM going to remain in game, or are they just available for the weekend?

The Arena and Cloth Quartermasters will be added in the game on Wednesday and they will stay forever.

Pre-1.4 Mounts will become BoE on Wednesday and they will cost 1,000g. After the weekend (8/30), they will be gone forever.
Koopa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Announcements