Gurubashi Arena, mounts and cloth quartermasters

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Gurubashi Arena, mounts and cloth quartermasters

by Youfie » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:01 pm

This is kinda weird to mix the pre and post update (1.12 or so iirc) mount mechanics. Mounts used to bind on use, but required faction-specific riding skill to use, which prevented you from riding it without having the appropriate reputation level.

What does exactly mean the staff by "Bind on Equip"? Not BoP, i.e. BoU here I guess? Having mount BoU with no faction specific riding skill is just a mix of two systems, and basically anyone with 1k gold can buy (or have a friend buy) a mount and then have it traded before the change.

That way, they'll ride it without being Exalted.

I haven't tested anything on Nostalrius itself, this is just what I understand from the OP's post, and this is wrong. Anyone can confirm / infirm that?
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Bioness » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:04 pm

dmsephiroth wrote:Not true sry pal.

I got 1 Pattern before the +change+ and it became BOE after the change ^^

That shouldn't have been the case, regardless point being if those mounts became BoE then people could have just bought a bunch of them effectively making the 1000g price pointless.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by xioyu » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:35 pm

I purchased a mount road it around logged out for about an hour logged back in and now apparently i do not have the required reputation for this item. Lol. im so mad right now i cant even see straight
xioyu
Tester

by illutian » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:58 pm

Well, crap.

...I'm 995 gold short :P

((And it's fine to mix this. If you look at the official release of Nost, it had WSG and AB. But AB wasn't added until patch 1.7. In fact WSG, wasn't out till Patch 1.5. -- This is all based off reading the timeline image of Nost.))
illutian
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bazinga » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:56 am

Doofoos wrote:I dont get it guys, there is a 799g worth BoE mounts at vendors but what does it mean?
If i buy one from other guy, will i be able to use it right now? Or i will have to earn my rep to Exalted first?

thugnif wrote:Can I purchase a mount on a lvl 1 alt then trade it to my main? Can I ride the boe mount without rep? Can I purchase the mount without rep on my main?

Youfie wrote:That way, they'll ride it without being Exalted.

I haven't tested anything on Nostalrius itself, this is just what I understand from the OP's post, and this is wrong. Anyone can confirm / infirm that?

First, just the riding skill was required. Now they changed something and it won't be possible any longer to ride it without the reputation. Actually noone can buy them at moment until they fix their fix :P

Bazinga
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by varjopuoli » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:47 am

it was in retail back then, you need to have exalted to be able to buy different race mount, its not bug.
varjopuoli
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bioness » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:14 am

varjopuoli wrote:it was in retail back then, you need to have exalted to be able to buy different race mount, its not bug.

He said ride, not buy.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aslan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:12 am

Well apparently it was a bug that you could buy the BoE mounts from this custom event without being exalted, this makes it kinda redundant because to be honest, who is exalted with Darkspear at this point and the people who are surely got their mount already for 80g.
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Brain » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:29 am

Even if you are Exalted with Thunderbluff, you still cant buy the Green/Teal Kodo.
The messed up the requirement... the tooltip says "Requires PLAYER, Tauren - Exalted".
I think they need to make it "Thunderbluff - Exalted". And that should fix this issue.

Now whether or not you can/should be able to buy these mounts even if you are not exalted, that is up to them. But as it stands right now, nobody can ride or even buy the new expensive versions of the pre 1.4 mounts.
Brain Warlock CL of <Dreamstate>
Brainfart Braindead Brainsick Brainfreeze
http://dreamstate.shivtr.com/
Brain
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gnomey » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:49 pm

I'm having the same problem, my Gnome is Exalted with Darnassus and a friend asked me to buy the 800g mount for him but I can't because it says I have to be an EXALTED NIGHT ELF.

Please fix this. :shock:
Gnomey
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements