Nostalrius goes one step forward

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius goes one step forward

by WadaRuse » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:11 pm

whitekidney wrote:
Viper wrote:
We don't have any release date to provide yet; an announcement will be made in a few weeks.
Help us find a good video creator to make the things move faster.

Finding a video creator is on the critical path, want to make things go faster: help us !

In all honesty, if you really have 7500+ players playing on Nostalrius PvP: You don't need another hype video.
Pack it up, set a date and let the players do the hyping this time.

> mfw whitekidney still thinks jet fuel cant melt steel memes

Anyways , if nos manages to fire up the server smoothly while releasing a quality BWL in timely manner Im more than happy about this announcement :D
WadaRuse
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Coffeebreath » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:07 pm

quasimodo wrote:Cheers guys, thanks very much. Both me and my wife will be there when you release the new server!

what he said
Coffeebreath
Private
Private

by MrDiap » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:11 pm

Thanks for the update.
See you on PvE realm although I think cap of 2500 is too low if server code/hardware can handle 5k players already.
MrDiap
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ricsking » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Lyrix wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8IVI0sZ6F8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4CeRN-MPsY - 0:40

I've just realized that Blizzard took the idea from this character from Futurama while creating Professor Putricide :D. I think Putri has one of the funniest quotes in WoW.
ricsking
Tester

by ricsking » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:22 pm

I'm also interested in a future (far future) BC realm, which is under development they said. So how will we manage to copy our characters to that realm if there is a huge difference in content between the PvP and PvE realms? I mean after clearing Naxx on the PvP server, will they have to wait for the PvE server contents to be released, and the copy will happen at the same time on the 2 realms?
ricsking
Tester

by Dreez » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:35 pm

The most important question hasn't been asked yet:

What is the server going to be called?

"Nostalrius continues"?
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Nuboda » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Great news. I'm seriously hoping that by waiting a couple of weeks or more before releasing the server, that it acts as a way to cull the entitlement children from this project. I doubt it, but maybe some will honestly leave. I'm sure no one is looking forward to grouping up with "wtf tank common pull!!"
Nuboda
Private
Private

by AverageJoe » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:52 pm

Dreez wrote:The most important question hasn't been asked yet:

What is the server going to be called?

"Nostalrius continues"?

Nostalrius Reimagined
AverageJoe
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Syleynna » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:58 pm

Minerals wrote:2500 cap is really bad. i dont wanna wait hours to get in. i know that shit from retail server terrordar back in classic. on first day u had to wait 8 (!!) hours to login. it was insane...

Yeah, I'm kinda thrown on the whole 2,500. Why?

I'm thinking this is a joke and they are just toying with people. Especially the part about the video. I think we just got trolled. GG Nos! that's kinda funny, and prolly deserved since the last thread was such a mess of qq'ers.

Well until then, I will remain optimistic that they will come to their senses and not cap something that has the potential to be a huge hit with the PVE crowd. For now, I'm leveling on a TBC server which has a fairly large community of 1,500 on the weekend and seems to be growing as more people leave WoD retail. It's also PVP, but the ganking is not as bad. Plus they have 2x leveling, so for those who enjoyed TBC, you can get through the Vanilla part fairly fast.

I do appreciate that they the developers at Nos give their time for free and the server for free, but if they aren't serious about this, then just come out and say that they don't want to do the PVE server. It's okay to say no, we don't want to do it :D
Syleynna
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ahunter8056 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:16 am

That's great news! Thank you Nostalrius. A bit sad that we still have to wait a month or two, but I'm just glad it's coming at all. As soon as it opens, I'll be there! Although this 2.5k pop. cap slightly worries me...
ahunter8056
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements