Nostalrius goes one step forward

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius goes one step forward

by Asatora » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:25 am

Pallysir wrote:They don't want to say that they have it on hold, because then the pve community feels like they come second, which is probably already true

Shit. I hadn't even thought of that. Every time one server has an issue, will the other server be put on hold? Is the PvE server just going to be a subserver? Thinking about this is making me sad.
Asatora
Grunt
Grunt

by Corazon » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:36 am

Everyone needs to calm their tits. Putting up a 2nd realm (no matter what kind it is) takes time. They need to find additional GMs, set up the hardware, set up the software, do some internal QA, maybe even bring on more devs. This shit takes time. Out of all the other private servers out there, Nostalrius is the only server I've seen that keep their word on what they plan to release.

I mean, look at Corecraft. That server was supposed to come out YEARS ago, and people are still waiting.
Corazon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Soulxlock » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:51 am

Corazon wrote:Everyone needs to calm their tits. Putting up a 2nd realm (no matter what kind it is) takes time. They need to find additional GMs, set up the hardware, set up the software, do some internal QA, maybe even bring on more devs. This shit takes time. Out of all the other private servers out there, Nostalrius is the only server I've seen that keep their word on what they plan to release.

I mean, look at Corecraft. That server was supposed to come out YEARS ago, and people are still waiting.
Valid points, however we were promised an announcement last week and we got nothing. So of course people are disappointed. It's mostly the lack of communication that's disappointing. Nobody would be angry with them if they told us they are too busy at the moment to release a new realm with the current server crashes and BWL bugs.
Soulxlock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by napredator » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:00 am

my guess is they are going to give a release date shortly before they release the server because they are afraid of competitors
napredator
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Rammie11 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 am

quasimodo wrote:
Rammie11 wrote:This is retarded

It's very damn annoying but you can't honestly expect otherwise at the moment. For the staff to be working on the PVE server while there are all these problems with server crashes and raid bugs on the PVP server would be utter insanity. Of course they put the PVE stuff on hold while they fix it all up, they have no choice.

That said however, a bit of info from them on the subject would be nice too.

Communication has always been the problem. If there are delays and issues regarding the PvE server that are relayed to the players then i'm sure that most people here wouldn't have a problem.

The fkn spastic blue that has posted in this thread multiple times needs to be kicked off the team. If a large portion of this audience go to another server rather than Nost PvE, then he can take a large portion of the blame.
He has given vague and idiotic messages to players waiting for PvE and is completely taking the piss.
Rammie11
Grunt
Grunt

by Forte » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:15 pm

I suspect with the server crashes, they are hesitant to make any announcements until it's under control. I don't think it will take that long to launch the PvE server after these issues have been resolved. I think the server will be launched before the end of October.
Forte
Private
Private

by Corazon » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Rammie11 wrote:Communication has always been the problem. If there are delays and issues regarding the PvE server that are relayed to the players then i'm sure that most people here wouldn't have a problem.

The fkn spastic blue that has posted in this thread multiple times needs to be kicked off the team. If a large portion of this audience go to another server rather than Nost PvE, then he can take a large portion of the blame.
He has given vague and idiotic messages to players waiting for PvE and is completely taking the piss.

My theory is they're going to release with as little notice as possible, because this will stagger launch numbers a bit. For example, if they released the server this time tomorrow (9:45am EST) the logins would slowly ramp up throughout the day, instead of say, announcing the release a week in advance, on a Saturday, at 1:00pm.

If they did that, the server would get rekt by thousands of people hammering the login server.
Corazon
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Soulxlock » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:01 pm

Corazon wrote:My theory is they're going to release with as little notice as possible, because this will stagger launch numbers a bit. For example, if they released the server this time tomorrow (9:45am EST) the logins would slowly ramp up throughout the day, instead of say, announcing the release a week in advance, on a Saturday, at 1:00pm.

If they did that, the server would get rekt by thousands of people hammering the login server.

True but then people would complain A LOT that they couldn't be there right from the start. A lot of people are looking forward to a fresh start and they would feel left out if admins just start the server whenever they feel like it. Of course it's up to the admins but I don't think it would be a good idea.

I can also see complaints from players about "their" username being taken by someone else because they were too late to the party. Believe it or not, this is very important to some people.
Soulxlock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by roland79 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:35 am

Soulxlock wrote:
Corazon wrote:My theory is they're going to release with as little notice as possible, because this will stagger launch numbers a bit. For example, if they released the server this time tomorrow (9:45am EST) the logins would slowly ramp up throughout the day, instead of say, announcing the release a week in advance, on a Saturday, at 1:00pm.

True but then people would complain A LOT that they couldn't be there right from the start. A lot of people are looking forward to a fresh start and they would feel left out if admins just start the server whenever they feel like it. Of course it's up to the admins but I don't think it would be a good idea.

I can also see complaints from players about "their" username being taken by someone else because they were too late to the party. Believe it or not, this is very important to some people.

Great point

Also as others have said, opening another Server takes time. As long as the delays are explained the people will understand. However its kind of easy to guess the problem. Uploading an entire raid that was reverse engineered is probably going to catch somewhere
roland79
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theavatar » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:09 am

I am following Nostalrius since September,and from the day I found about it,the "whole" community(around 100 people) were expecting for a release any moment.But,what happened? Even though Kronos was developing much faster and better at a time,Nostalrius played very smart organizing those tests and actually gather people.So,I suggest everyone to stay calmed because we know that Nos staff has the main server as a priority atm,but once the 2nd server releases,they will take care of both as its one.
Theavatar
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements