Nostalrius goes one step forward

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius goes one step forward

by Alphaconstruct » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:03 pm

Rhook wrote:The whole lack of communication of the staff is annoying.

Well, they do say that they want everything to be "Blizzardlike..."

Alphaconstruct
Alphaconstruct
Tester

by Robotron » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Alphaconstruct wrote:
Rhook wrote:The whole lack of communication of the staff is annoying.

Well, they do say that they want everything to be "Blizzardlike..."

Alphaconstruct

Logic. Use it.
Robotron
Champion
Champion

by masterpoobaa » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:15 pm

Robotron wrote:Well, they do say that they want everything to be "Blizzardlike..."

Also then release the PvE server while having it running on a pentium 2 with 128Mb ram - to ensure that 98% of people cant login.

Thats Authentic Blizz :)
masterpoobaa
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Xardon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:32 am

Whenever they say this week, it usually means Sunday evening. Just say Sunday evening. "This week" implies a much too vague timeline that pretty much always hurts them PR-wise.

These guys do a great job with server maintenance, but their PR skills are terrible.
Xardon
Private
Private

by Bazinga » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:23 am

Xardon wrote:These guys do a great job with server maintenance, but their PR skills are terrible.

if their PR skills would be that terrible, why do we have such a huge playerbase then?
Bazinga
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pallysir » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:40 am

Because they do a great job with server maintenance
Lvl 60 paladin, 20 days played, ganked 373 times
Pallysir
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sleepybear360 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:13 am

Pallysir wrote:Because they do a great job with server maintenance

Touché, I don't see what all the fuss is anyhow; it's not like this is a paid service, so even if it takes two years it's not like anything is "owed" to the community. I am personally waiting anxiously for the PvE server as I am, nor have ever been a fan of PvP. Also, remember that donating does not give anyone the right to entitlement or privileges non-donators have; thank goodness for anti-p2w servers such as this.
sleepybear360
Tester

by cascarrabias » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:07 am

sleepybear360 wrote:

Touché, I don't see what all the fuss is anyhow; it's not like this is a paid service, so even if it takes two years it's not like anything is "owed" to the community. I am personally waiting anxiously for the PvE server as I am, nor have ever been a fan of PvP. Also, remember that donating does not give anyone the right to entitlement or privileges non-donators have; thank goodness for anti-p2w servers such as this.

If Nostalrius is something, it is thanks to its community, so every member is entitled to expect something. MMORPs are like social networks, community is everything of value and the most important thing that makes the difference. You dont take care of it, you are lost. Do you pay for twitter? facebook? The value is the user base, not any revenue that they explicitly pay.
cascarrabias
Grunt
Grunt

by sleepybear360 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:17 am

cascarrabias wrote:
sleepybear360 wrote:

If Nostalrius is something, it is thanks to its community, so every member is entitled to expect something. MMORPs are like social networks, community is everything of value and the most important thing that makes the difference. You dont take care of it, you are lost. Do you pay for twitter? facebook? The value is the user base, not any revenue that they explicitly pay.

Well, in a sense yes; however I am not a user of twitter, facebook, myspace or any other social networking site (save linkedin which I have a premium account at and pay for.) As for myspace, facebook, etc their money is generated by ad revenues delivered via the customers unique views, the consumer is the product they are offering, but since Nostalrius has nothing to sell (which would be illegal if they did anyhow) then there is no means to the product. I accept the fact that the community in and MMORPG or any other viable network medium is the most important part, because it is. However, with that being said I we should really expect from the staff is what they have provided which is one of the best, most reliable vanilla servers. But to demand that something be done now or otherwise complain about something that they didn't even have to offer in the first place is absurd.
sleepybear360
Tester

by Xardon » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:11 am

I agree for sure that nothing is owed to us at all, since this is a free service. I'm just saying why not just be realistic and tell the community that "we'll let you know the status on Sunday" instead of saying "sometime this week" when it's only Monday or Tuesday. It would probably create less confusion overall, since the news pretty much ALWAYS drops on Sunday evening when they make announcements for "this week".
Xardon
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements