Nostalrius goes one step forward

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius goes one step forward

by Rec » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:13 am

MrDiap wrote:
Rec wrote:Because the pve part of the game doesn't change to fit 7k players, where as on the pvp server you'll at least have the ability to kill the other side if they are competing for your stuff.

Like 8 lvl players in Goldshire competing with 80lvl horde warlock exactly for what?

No like the things it would be applicable for, obviously
Rec
Grunt
Grunt

by cmill78 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:29 am

Glad we are getting a PvE server! I have no issues waiting.
When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
cmill78
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Brunchkin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:00 am

I am thrilled at this decision, and I have no issues waiting either. However, I think the 2.5k cap is bad.

Good things about high pop:
Easier to form groups
More stable economy
More alive world

Bad things about high pop:
You get ganked much more often
It gets crashy at 6k+ players
Gathering nodes are much harder to find

Bad thing 1 does not apply because it is a PvE server. Bad thing 2 would not apply with the cap, or a cap up to say 5k. This would leave only Bad thing 3, nodes being scarce.

I think much more people are interested in the PvE server than a 2.5k cap can facilitate. I'm worried people will be raging about ridiculous queue times.

Thanks again to the Nostalrius team for all your hard work. I will be donating as soon as the PvE server goes live. I will be donating double the amount if the cap is 5k instead of 2.5k. I love you guys.
Brunchkin
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Oitake » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:54 am

Well, soon nost will be bigger than blizzard :p.

How about calling the server whimsyshire? There are a lot of pink fluffy carebears running around there, but sssh, that's a tauren secret.
There are no two sides, there's only the group.
Oitake
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gergoth » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:17 am

Glad to hear that. The PvP server needs lower population. Let the PvE players go there and keep their population at 3k.
Gergoth
Grunt
Grunt

by Zan » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:18 am

All these posts about 2.5k player cap being too low...its amazing to see how many people like to suffer. Personally I can't wait to play on a server that actually has a very healthy but controlled population, if the pop is too high it just completely sucks the fun out of it for me.
Brunchkin wrote:Good things about high pop:
Easier to form groups
More stable economy
More alive world

You can do all that with a 2.5k pop, especially when the server launches. Its like no one here ever played on a high or normal pop server back in retail.

I don't understand the whole ''more alive world'' mentality, sure there's players literally everywhere and in every cracks but at what cost? is it really worth that much more compared to an actual pleasant leveling experience?
Zan
Grunt
Grunt

by Shad0wsong » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:59 am

Syrah wrote:Dear Community,

1. Feedback from PvE server test.

From the data we gathered during the session, ~2,500 distinct players logged in during the brief 40 minutes:

.................. When compared with the Nostalrius Begins pre-launch data, note that we "only" had 1,200 distinct players that played on our PTR before the official release.

Nostalrius will release a fresh vanilla PvE realm to fulfill the needs of these players.

....................This server population will be limited to 2,500 players with a queue; it will be the same limitation as official retail servers back in 2006.

2. Major technological breakthrough on the PvP server.

As you may have already noticed, the server lag has been drastically reduced this week! We now have more than 7.5k online players without lag.

So if you extrapolate the numbers, we could have 10,000+ people show up, but only 2,500 get to play. Going to be an awful lot of broken hearts in that QQueue.

Minerals wrote:2500 cap is really bad. i dont wanna wait hours to get in. i know that shit from retail server terrordar back in classic. on first day u had to wait 8 (!!) hours to login. it was insane...

agree - particularly on the first day

More people will be in the queue than will be able to participate in the launch.

ouch
Shad0wsong
Grunt
Grunt

by Shad0wsong » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:01 am

Zan wrote:All these posts about 2.5k player cap being too low...its amazing to see how many people like to suffer. Personally I can't wait to play on a server that actually has a very healthy but controlled population, if the pop is too high it just completely sucks the fun out of it for me.
Brunchkin wrote:Good things about high pop:
Easier to form groups
More stable economy
More alive world

You can do all that with a 2.5k pop, especially when the server launches. Its like no one here ever played on a high or normal pop server back in retail.

I don't understand the whole ''more alive world'' mentality, sure there's players literally everywhere and in every cracks but at what cost? is it really worth that much more compared to an actual pleasant leveling experience?

It won't be a pleasant leveling experience if you can not log in, and are stuck in the QQueue.
Shad0wsong
Grunt
Grunt

by PageGaming » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:39 am

Crossposting from the other thread.

Great day, sadly I had to read about everything at work and couldn't contribute!

1. Kind of funny how people think the server is being delayed because of a video. If I thought that I would go learn video editing right now! Obviously it's just something the dev team doesn't have a person for though and they'd love to cross it off the list.

2. So happy to see them slowroll this. It will allow people to setup Guilds, spread the word (with actual proof this time!), or even get time off work if they want. It's also obvious that improvements to the PvP server are ongoing, devs can't just drop everything for the PvE server.

3. I like the queue. It will keep things in check for the leveling experience, which otherwise will be hell on earth. I assume it will be lifted later on, especially with the reveal that the PvP server can now handle a huge load with little lag. Although some kind of queue seems good, otherwise farming herbs/ore/etc. will be awkward as it is on the PvP server. It's not as if this is a pure NA/EU/Asia server so I don't anticipate the queue wrecking raiders.

Keep up the great work guys!
PageGaming
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by cascarrabias » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:03 am

2.5k cap?? :|

cascarrabias
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements