Nostalrius goes one step forward

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius goes one step forward

by holypicklez » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:23 am

not that this has anything to do with the release of the PvE server, but i just came so hard my balls shriveled to the size of raisins.

Thought you all should know that
holypicklez
Tester

by Soulxlock » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:45 am

flrl wrote:Well, the PvE server would be fresh, which means there wouldn't be any BWL for quite some time...

If that's truly what is happening, then they could very easily say so, rather than saying nothing. All gaming communities hate a lack of communication.

This! They could at least tell us something like this: Look folks, I know you expected an announcement this week but we're very busy with fixing BWL and server crashes and it takes all our resources. We will promise more info next week!

Everyone would understand and we wouldn't need to check the forums all the time for a new announcement, only to be disappointed again because of the lack of communication.
Soulxlock
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Xardon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:38 am

Think I'll move on at this point. I've visited this site far too much this past week to find no communication updates on a PvE server (outside of a temporary forum to discuss its mystery even more, lol). Not crying about it, but I just don't have much patience for continued lack of follow-up communication, wherever it be here or IRL. Sorry and good luck.
Xardon
Private
Private

by geirot » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:45 pm

Xardon: This is a free server. If you leave because of one weeks frustration, you would have left quickly anyways. Seems to me like empty threats :)
geirot
Tester

by Xardon » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:42 pm

It's not a threat, lol. It's just my choice. I doubt the server will make major changes to its PR based on one person's choice.

I see a general trend of lack of communication over the past couple weeks and would just prefer to go elsewhere, that's all.
Xardon
Private
Private

by Duende » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm feeling more apathetic about this server because Nostalrius knows everyone just wants one little update/announcement, which could take like two minutes to write, and the team still chooses to ignore the people excited about the pve server. Bad communications and PR are not good signs. I was super excited by the prospect of this server, but only if it came out pretty soon or we would be just updated about it. Their failure to do so when they must be reading these threads knowing that people expected, minimally, an announcement this weekend, is turning me off now. As others, I'm not angry, just disappointed. It's okay. There's other servers/games out there! I just think Nost rep is sliding downward with me and a lot of others.

It's too bad too. I mean I would be willing to donate just to help them get the server up or find better devs for fixing the pvp server. I think a lot would be willing to donate. But now. No!
Duende
Tester

by TOVAR » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Just speculating here (out of waiting frustration), but, maybe this sort of behaviour is fully intentional. Let's suppose for one moment that, back then one month ago, when we did the stress-test, the devs announced the PvE server launch in .. say..3 months? What vould the majority of wanna-be PvE'rs do? Stay put? Sod, off, scr** this, it takes too long, off I go somewhere else, or something different? If the plan was to 'grab us by the nose and (every now and then) kick us in the pants' (Patton) for a couple months? ..well, it seems it worked. We are still here, moaning, dry-shaving and salivation in anticipation..
Last edited by TOVAR on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“No good deed goes unpunished.” - Oscar Wilde
Thank you Nostalrius!
TOVAR
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by PageGaming » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:17 pm

I have to admit I'm a little put off as well. I was in the "Wait and See" boat but....it's been a month. No real communication is very frustrating. I know the devs are volunteers, I know they have a lot going on, I know there have been severe issues on the main server that require their time and talent. It would just be nice to have some transparency. Has this BWL issue stalled the PvE server? Fine by me, just let us know. Are there things behind the scenes that are delaying a release date? Cool, just let us know.

I think the backlash of being honest is far less than that of being quiet and mysterious. And from lurking the forums these many weeks, the lack of communication is by far the most frequent complain I've seen from both PvP and PvE player alike.
PageGaming
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TOVAR » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:21 pm

^^^^ This.
They don't have the time to write something on the forum due to overwork? Gimme a break, you can post stuff on forums from your SmartPhone while sitting on the loo..
“No good deed goes unpunished.” - Oscar Wilde
Thank you Nostalrius!
TOVAR
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Glenzig » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Has it been a month already?
Glenzig
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext