Nostalrius goes one step forward

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius goes one step forward

by Nightwolve » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:12 pm

Zan wrote:You can do all that with a 2.5k pop, especially when the server launches. Its like no one here ever played on a high or normal pop server back in retail.

I don't understand the whole ''more alive world'' mentality, sure there's players literally everywhere and in every cracks but at what cost? is it really worth that much more compared to an actual pleasant leveling experience?

Many would argue that finding other people in these cracks is what makes Nostalrius, 100% based on personal preference.

One thing which is apparent to me after reading through all these posts is that some people are more interested in being part of the launch rather than being a long term fixture of this new community, it would be a crying shame if the people planning to play long term here missed out because of launch lovers and a cap which could be a detterant to people who would otherwise play on and support Nostalrius.
Nightwolve
Private
Private

by Shirley » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:46 pm

3.3 Cross-realm battlegrounds

We won't go much into detail here, but cross-realm battlegrounds are a very complicated topic.
The concept has been precised and specified before this summer by the Development Team with the following conclusion: it is a very difficult challenge to achieve and there is, for now, no guarantee that it will happen as it needs a lot of software development. The content release shift between the PvE & PvP realms gives us several months to prepare a final answer.

Do you devs really wanna fuck up even more pvp servers pvp community??????
Shirley
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sakatoro » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:01 pm

I am sure that a 2500 playercap will kill the potentiall of this Server.

For me i would not play if i have so wait 1hour or more to login. And i am also sure that there will be 5k+ players. And this sounds like 4 hour waiting in die evening to play. No thanks, bb.

And there is another problem. I love fresh an new server and i realy like the leveling competition.
But, for example: If there are 7k+ player at release date who wanted to login and only 2,5k can play it will kill the competition for a lot of people...
WoW Player since July 2005!

2400+ Arenexp TBC/Wotlk/Cata/MoP

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2HPU5 ... 0-4dAE7wUQ
Sakatoro
Grunt
Grunt

by Dreez » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:12 pm

Sakatoro wrote:I am sure that a 2500 playercap will kill the potentiall of this Server.

For me i would not play if i have so wait 1hour or more to login. And i am also sure that there will be 5k+ players. And this sounds like 4 hour waiting in die evening to play. No thanks, bb.

And there is another problem. I love fresh an new server and i realy like the leveling competition.
But, for example: If there are 7k+ player at release date who wanted to login and only 2,5k can play it will kill the competition for a lot of people...

You mean like it has always been on retail?

Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Syleynna » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Sakatoro wrote:I am sure that a 2500 playercap will kill the potentiall of this Server.

My thoughts are more long-term, I plan on leveling to 60 and raiding. How does being in a queue help when you are logging after work and your guild expects you in a raid. Sitting in queue during a raid does not make for a good raider, or a good teammate.

Which leads me to believe that Nos is really focused on the PVP and wants us all to learn a very hard lesson which is to stop whining and play the PVP server that we already gave you and be happy with it, you ungrateful freeloaders.

The 2nd concern is when TBC comes along, will they even bother with a PVE server for TBC? and if not, do we have to relevel on the PVP server just to enjoy TBC?

So for those of you looking long term, these should be questions you ask yourself before you commit your time to leveling on the Nos PVE server. I think a majority of PVE'ers are people who work and/or have families to tend to, so every spare minute is precious and we want to make the most of it.
Syleynna
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Syleynna » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:24 pm

Dreez wrote:

You mean like it has always been on retail?

It's apparent that you do not have anything else to do, but to play video games. Not all people have the luxury of logging in first and having no queque. I would say that it's a little strange that you aren't aware of it, but I don't think it's that strange any more. I have a feeling that Nos isn't aware of this either.

Also, yes it was like this on retail, but retail had more than 1 PVE server so you could just move on to a less populated one to avoid any queues. So the comparison doesn't work.
Syleynna
Sergeant
Sergeant

by TOVAR » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:34 pm

Dammit, guys!! The baby is not even born an y'all are already digging it's grave?!!?
As for me, I'm beyond words excited about the new server. Please, enough about the to-be 2.5k cap!
If the server keeps its player base around 2k (and that is generous), it will be a huge miracle. Do you see the other PvE servers? Literally every one of them is struggling to keep an acceptable minimum of population. You think 'our' will be different? Yeah me too. Not sure why, but I do. I want to believe. Currently, while waiting for our server to come online I am playng on another PvE server, with it's peak population in a couple 100's. And every single day, all day long people are moaning about wanting it to go PvP. In vanilla WoW, PvP is 'da shiz!". I think the 2.5k cap won't be necessary except for the first day/days/ first week, until the hype dies down. And about the first day chaos, well, many of us were 'there' when Nostalrius launched and again some of us when Kronos launched, we know what to expect. The whole panic shebang is mostly due to the 'FFS-want-to-get-to-60-YESTERDAY!" mentality. Take your time, it's not going anywhere.
And yes, Nos team can lift the cap whenever they want. The limit is there for our own benefit, to make us enjoy once again the true vanilla WoW Blizz-like experience. 90 passengers on a bus for 50 is a shit ride, 8k players in a world tailored for 2.5k is a shit gaming experience.
Friggin doomsday-sayers, chill down! ;)
“No good deed goes unpunished.” - Oscar Wilde
Thank you Nostalrius!
TOVAR
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Serrak » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:38 pm

First, thanks Nostalrius team for the pvp server you have already given to us, and thanks too for the future pve server.

Why not just raise the cap to 5k players on launch, and a day/week after go back to 2.5k ?
Serrak
Tester

by Mastodon2090 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:41 pm

I think the cap is mainly for the rush of players. Hopefully they raise it once the first batch has reached mid lvl.
Mastodon2090
Grunt
Grunt

by AverageJoe » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:00 pm

S3khM3t wrote:
earelith wrote:I think 2.5k is way too low...in pvp server, all the problems started to appear when there was 6000+ players. A 5k cap would be much better...or even a 4k. But 2,5k seem to low..

It will be a fight a patience and many will quit..imagine you get in after 3 hours and then you get a dc or server drops and then back on que..

This second realm will benefit from all the upgrades applied on the current PvP server since its release, including general fixes, bug abuse fixes, anti-cheat features, and other automated systems making players' experience as delightful as possible while protected by mature and efficient-proved algorithms against exploiters. This server population will be limited to 2,500 players with a queue; it will be the same limitation as official retail servers back in 2006.

There won't be any queue or cap on the pvp realm ...

He's talking about how the PvP server ran almost flawlessly up to the point of 6,000 players actively logged in. Only after hitting more than the 6K mark did the server begin to experience problems. By comparison, the PvE server will be capped at not even half of what the PvP server can handle with incredible ease. It's essentially asking why such a low cap for something we know can handle far more.
AverageJoe
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements