Nostalrius goes one step forward

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Nostalrius goes one step forward

by PanTheSatyr » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:53 pm

Why don't we wait until the FREE PVE SERVER the Nost team is graciously creating is up and running and, if there are logging/queuing issues, address them when the time comes?
PvP Realm
Malachic - Lv 60 Mage (Frost)
Malapriest - Lv 60 Priest (Heals)
Malahunt - Lv 60 Hunter (Bang/Twang)

♫ Dance with Pan and Drink with Bacchus! ♫
PanTheSatyr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Forte » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:58 pm

Definitely take the PvE server release one step at a time. If there are serious queue issues, I'm sure Nost staff will address it. You also have to remember that many players are in different time zones, which will help equalize the player load on the server. I'm sure it will be possible to raise the player limit if the queue becomes a constant problem.
Forte
Private
Private

by Shiggs13 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:12 pm

They probably have limited hardware for the PvE realm at the moment. If ques are crazy they might increase the cap as they add more hardware to the server. They probably don't want to invest too much into the server when they're not yet sure how many people will log in (even though 2.5k did during the test). Best bet would be to wait till it comes out and go from there.
Shiggs13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Dreez » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Syleynna wrote:It's apparent that you do not have anything else to do, but to play video games. Not all people have the luxury of logging in first and having no queque. I would say that it's a little strange that you aren't aware of it, but I don't think it's that strange any more. I have a feeling that Nos isn't aware of this either.

If you are planning on doing a competitive race of being the first to reach level 60 you will not be stopped by a queue and instead log in as quickly as possible. no clue what you're talking about here

Syleynna wrote:Also, yes it was like this on retail, but retail had more than 1 PVE server so you could just move on to a less populated one to avoid any queues. So the comparison doesn't work.

true
Dreez - PvP server
<Endzeit>
Dreez
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Rec » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:12 pm

Plenty of people will sit in an hour queue if it means no world pvp
Rec
Grunt
Grunt

by penacova » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:05 pm

Thanks for the great news , time to play Nostalrius and enjoy all content =D
penacova
Tester

by Schmonsy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:10 pm

I think you just need to adapt to the most likely upcoming queues. when you start the pc you instantly startup wow, try to log in and do all the stuff that needs to be done anyways. prepare some food, cleaning, paperwork, pet etc. if they realize that the amount of time spent in a queue is too high, they will definitely change that pretty soon. I really dont see a problem with the new pve server at all.
Schmonsy
Tester

by TOVAR » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:43 pm

Rec wrote:Plenty of people will sit in an hour queue if it means no world pvp

^^^
This. No WpWp and no overcrowding, over-farmed herb/ore nodes, gimped LoS distance etc. Hardware/software is not the problem, overcrowding is. It kills game immersion. We can't just go out and start ganking lowbies to ease some frustration like PvP-ers do :mrgreen:
“No good deed goes unpunished.” - Oscar Wilde
Thank you Nostalrius!
TOVAR
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Balgair » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:27 pm

I'm actually glad about the cap; yes, sitting in a queue sucks. But so does being unable to get through any quests due to overcrowded zones - I play on a very high pop server on retail, and frankly, it is no fun when it's overcrowded, racing madly to tag even normal quest mobs (and as I recall, in vanilla, most classes did not have instant-cast spells that tagged instantly, so mages and hunters rejoice, everyone else, forget it), and as for named mobs, well even grouping up doesn't help when there's enough people to fill 5+ groups all wanting to tag the same mob and aoeing the spawnpoint. I'd rather wait a while to log in and then be able to actually achieve something when I get there!
Balgair
Private
Private

by Kazy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:26 pm

I love the fact that the Nostalrius team is doing a PvE server. I am so pumped about that and I have a hard time containing my excitement and the wait for the server is going to be excruciating. But I'd rather that they take their time and make the launch as flawless as possible, and considering that this is a free service "a few weeks" is pretty damn awesome.
Regarding the server cap of 2.5k... I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, I really hated the overcrowdedness of the PvP server (I also hated the ganking) so I find it good that the cap is there. On the other hand I'm also afraid of hours long wait times, because I think these PvE servers are going to be more popular than the Nost team realizes. If that is only a problem during the first week or so, then no worries, but if it continues to be an issue I really hope they solve it by opening up more servers untill the queue times are down to an acceptable level.
Last edited by Kazy on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kazy
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements