Update regarding PvP

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Update regarding PvP

by kuurtzen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Orc_Hunter wrote:
Healthycoww wrote:I mean, I'm a druid, I can do dirty...dirty things in solo queue WSG, but what about the other classes that can't make such an insane impact on a game?

So you're saying druids should be nerfed? I agree! :lol:

we can start by banning assault free action potions
kuurtzen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Healthycoww » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:13 pm

People are already talking about breaking their premades into small 5 man groups.

I guess I will be seeing you all in solo queue with 4 of my closest friends. :mrgreen:

Premade vs premade priority is great for recreational fun games, but if you're trying to farm honor it's just... not worth the time, and most of us are here for ranks (for now at least.)

What happens right now, people lose to us once and stop queueing. And I'm sure if a scarier team then us hops on, we'll lose once and stop queueing too.
Last edited by Healthycoww on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by varth » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:17 pm

Fine with me, the previous system was obviously not working, I'd rather face 5 pvpers that actually need to kill people. This servers bgs has been a complete joke because of the endless honor whoring, the fact that you call yourselves pvpers and dodge is just rediculous
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ghostly » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:17 pm

No multiqueue even for soloquers, huh? Great. Well fucking done. I won't be suprised if the server is going to have only WSG games on weekdays from now on, it's not like we haven't been through this on feenix before.
all is now dark
Ghostly
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by wedemboys » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:22 pm

Healthycoww wrote:The original system was random, first in line. Sometimes you fought premades sometimes you fought pugs.

The first 'fix' essentially killed solo queue by making premades able to earn staggering amounts of honor by doing nothing.

This fix is going to kill premades. Only the most dominant premade will queue until everyone stops challenging them, they then sit in queue for hours.

Both of these fixes force negative PvP environments and aren't really blizzlike.

Rankers need to rank, and unless you want them killing you all day in Burning Steppes or invading your solo queue with a group of 5 we need a revert to the original blizzlike queue system.
wedemboys
Sergeant
Sergeant

by PhilipRed » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:24 pm

Syrah wrote:Dear community,

In order to get high amounts of honor, some players have been abusing the queue system for battlegrounds to the detriment of the rest of the server. This exploit was possible due to the way the queue system is currently working, which is not in line with what it was on retail.

As a consequence, the BG queue system has been changed: players will now be able to queue up for only one battleground at a time.

Additionally, new tracking tools have been adopted to detect abusers. Nostalrius does not tolerate trickery and will always fight it. Players caught abusing the honor system may find their account banned, as stated in our Terms of Use.

Best regards,
Nostalrius.

1º You changed something from blizzlike to "Notstalike".

2º People saw the weakness of this "fix" and warn you... over weeks.

3º You said nothing about it, not a word (maybe im wrong here, i dont read all forum).

4º Now you say that fix has been exploited. How is it possible to exploit something working as intended?

Lets see your own words "This exploit was possible due to the way the queue system is currently working, which is not in line with what it was on retail"

Was group queueing an exploit? No, it wasnt

Was multiqueueing an exploit?No, it wasnt.

Was leaving one of those queues an exploit?No, it wasnt.

Was an exploit to avoid facing premades, having no communication between those two premades?No, it wasnt

How can you blame and PUNISH players for this?

If it was a bug/exploit, you should have said it, it was you own fix, people was complaining and there were no communication about this, how could players know that premading (and chosing one of the queues) was an exploit?

I repeat, there were never communication between diferent factions.

Are you going to ban a single player for taking wsg queue when he is in a lost AV? how many times taking another queue is considered an exploit? where was the WARNING about that?

This is not a node respawming each 15 second, what is obviously bugged, this was a not blizzlike fix, and has been like this for weeks.

I agree that something had to be done, but i dont see any reason to punish players according to ToU.
PhilipRed
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Healthycoww » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:26 pm

The vanilla honor system is bad... It's really really bad. You aren't gonna please everyone. Any changes made without deep and careful thought to how it affects the honor-per-hour metagame are bound to end in drastic failure.
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Momoh » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:27 pm

Industrial level of honor
Melodyx
Momoh
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pugger » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:33 pm

the only way that works is to leave it like VANILLA

allow multiq, allow dodging, allow premades, premades vs pugs, EVERYTHING

vanilal is NOT FAIR, NOT for CASUALS, NOT for FUN

if there are premades and u cant win them, make ur own premade and win them, if u dont have friends dont go BGs, BGs are for TEAMS
Pugger
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by caval948 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:33 pm

varth wrote:Fine with me, the previous system was obviously not working, I'd rather face 5 pvpers that actually need to kill people. This servers bgs has been a complete joke because of the endless honor whoring, the fact that you call yourselves pvpers and dodge is just rediculous

100% this. Always found it funny that the "PvP pros" never actually engaged in PvP. Premades should face each other, instead of boring dodging 24/7.

Good job devs!!
caval948
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements