Update regarding PvP

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Update regarding PvP

by deadward » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Guys this is amazing. We pointed out a problem, and they responded.

This is good news! Thanks Admins! Appreciate you taking care of the server well!
deadward
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Aklol » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:43 pm

Hahahahahahaah this fucking server hahahahahahah
Cabal Co-Conspirator
Aklol
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pugger » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:48 pm

"This exploit was possible due to the way the queue system is currently working, which is not in line with what it was on retail"

What? You could not queue for multiple bgs on retail?

If the server is blizzlike, it should allow it. If not, it can't be blizzlike. I don't care if players can't enjoy pvp, the server must be blizzlike.
Pugger
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by zusukie » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:49 pm

You guys actually think that this is a fix? wtf this has nothing to do with the actual root of the problem. This ,,fix" wont change anything at all , when premades face premades there is always a more dominant one. The less dominant one will just afk & wait for the other one to cap all 3 flags , there won't be ANY pvp at all. Same for pugs that meet premades , they just afk & wait. Disabling dodging (=disabling multi q) will force people to face each other in the bg but it won't force them to actually play. You think rankers that dodged their way up will now play 40 minute games against other premades ?
No they won't
Zusukie - High Warlord Shaman Class Leader of <Emphasis>

zusukie
Grunt
Grunt

by notgunnahappen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:49 pm

too late, half the population of beijing already ranked up abusing the system
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pugger » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:50 pm

Cousy wrote:
diogenes wrote:
Plask wrote:inb4 big complain wave from dodgers

Honestly, you won't see much complaining from "dodgers."

We were essentially forced to play in an extremely boring way simply because if we didn't then it would be impossible to rank up.

The only complaint I will have with this system is that it isn't "blizzlike," but honestly, I'd rather have a more meaningful queue system than it being just like "back in the day."

Lets see if this new system works.

If it makes you feel better, multi queue wasn't added until 1.9.

We are in 1.12 mechanics. But if they want to remove multiQ and add it at 1.9 then I will be fine.
Pugger
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Pugger » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:52 pm

Aklol wrote:Hahahahahahaah this fucking server hahahahahahah

are u playing the server?
Pugger
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by deadward » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:53 pm

Multi Q was fine in a server set up that didn't so easily allow win trading like our server allows.

I don't understand why people are complaining. Everyone was literally doing empty battlegrounds to get quick honor. No one was even fighting eachother.

Blizzlike is working BG's. The previous system was just broken.

Edit *As far as premades win trading against one another. They just mentioned they have tracking systems to prevent that. And also, at least if premades are win trading against one another, they're doing it against one another, and some of us normal people can actually have a fun pug BG match which is pretty much the entire reason I am playing the game.
Last edited by deadward on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deadward
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Pugger » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:54 pm

deadward wrote:Multi Q was fine in a server set up that didn't so easily allow win trading like our server allows.

I don't understand why people are complaining. Everyone was literally doing empty battlegrounds to get quick honor. No one was even fighting eachother.

Blizzlike is working BG's. The previous system was just broken.

blizzlike is blizzlike, vanilla was broken, not fair game, go play WOD for fair game
Pugger
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Healthycoww » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:54 pm

The original system was random, first in line. Sometimes you fought premades sometimes you fought pugs.

The first 'fix' essentially killed solo queue by making premades able to earn staggering amounts of honor by doing nothing.

This fix is going to kill premades. Only the most dominant premade will queue until everyone stops challenging them, they then sit in queue for hours.

Both of these fixes force negative PvP environments and aren't really blizzlike.

Rankers need to rank, and unless you want them killing you all day in Burning Steppes or invading your solo queue with a group of 5 we need a revert to the original blizzlike queue system.
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements