Update regarding PvP

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Update regarding PvP

by Rhoen » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:41 pm

merfy wrote:The system is complete garbage just like the last change. I understand the disabling of multi queues and could careless about that. But why do I have to be forced to play with rank 3s who afk or just run around like zombies and get 2 shot?

No idea man, I guess the nos dev's never ranked in vanilla.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Taladril » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:51 pm

It has been interesting to me over these last few months to get a glimpse into organized and dedicated pvp. Without a doubt it is the most hardcore play that exists in the game. It is at least equally but I would say more involved than progression raiding - just for the fact that it must be done for hours on end, every day of the week. The planning and scheming and scheduling just for bracket placement is mind boggling. I say all of this for a very simple fact. 80% of the posts here act like prems get to easily steamroll their way to success. There's a saying that goes like this: those that are very good at something make it look easy. Anyone who's been in a bad prem knows that they do not stomp the competition. Good prems are good for a reason. They are good players and come geared with consumables and have good composition and are prepared to work as a team.

These prems do the grind because they want to rank. In vanilla, ranking involves getting more honor than someone else. Not more kills, not more wins, just more honor. However it may happen. Because of that the highest performers must use the most efficient method necessary. They can only hope that that method is not mind numbing at the same time. The last few weeks it was mind numbing and the prems hated it.

It's very taxing to play your A game even when there's only 3 people in the BG against you. Even in a WSG someone will try to take the flag and run the timer down and take the 3rd cap away from the prem. Losing the 3rd cap was a big deal. Imagine that. For me that kind of efficiency wasn't my focus, but it is for rankers. It's huge.

I know this is a lot of talk about nothing in particular, but if I hadn't have done the pvp that I have with literally the best groups on ally side, I would completely and totally have the outlook that most of you have here. Screw the prems, they have it easy. What's the big deal, just wait a few minutes. Blah blah blah. Until you have done it and actually put the time in, I can objectively tell you that you do not get it.

Now for me, I don't have time to do the crazy ranking and what I have done over these last months is literally the most pvp I have ever done in this game and I don't even like it (I'm doing it for the bg reputation if you are wondering). I am the definition of a pug casual in that without the drive I would just join a BG, not have a very good idea of what to do and wonder what the big deal is with these horrible prems who steamroll me. But I've seen the other side. I've seen what they want and what they need to do to get it. I may not understand it, or care about doing it myself, but I do know now what this change will have for them and I feel bad because the system is now set up where ranking is significantly harder. I'm not sure how it can now be done without luck.

The way that the queues used to work initially (not the last bandaid attempt) was the best and fairest method there was. It did involve prems. Pugs would die to them. But the pugs also got games where they were against other pugs. Prems had to fight the hardest in those games and they had to spend a lot of effort to be as good as they were. It wasn't nearly as easy as you may think. But what the original system had before is more fair than what we have now. Being in a prem with a queue of even anything over 5-10 minutes is not a way to effectively rank. Until that changes anyone who wants to rank cannot do so as a prem.

How is this fair to anyone who wants to actually go for the high ranks? It doesn't seem fair to me. What about for the people who are two to three weeks away from their targeted rank? This could completely destroy their chance of getting the rank they need if they can't figure out the system well enough. The bottom line is that this change may be beneficial to puggers, however the consequence is that it has completely removed premading as an option from the game as a means to obtain rank. And that is just wrong.
Last edited by Taladril on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Officer of <Blacklisted>
Taladril
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Simonich » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:03 pm

If people are bad now in pugs, weren't they bad before? Blame the players here, not the system
Was good to have you all

Hail The Red Dawn <3
Simonich
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Healthycoww » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:13 pm

Simonich wrote:If people are bad now in pugs, weren't they bad before? Blame the players here, not the system

Yes, which is why I don't want to play with them. I want to play with my friends instead, but the queue times don't allow me to do that anymore.

Alliance however don't seem to be having any trouble at all getting all theirs in though: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3ko ... .57.02.png
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Fuhrern » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:42 pm

your SS
are they from the same "premade"?
looks like two groups of 5, 1 china team and one normal humans?
Fuhrern
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Healthycoww » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:53 pm

Fuhrern wrote:your SS

Even if it is. My 5 man queue was 36 minutes so we abandoned it. It took 18 minutes to get into that game to meet that.
Healthycoww
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Bagger » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:58 pm

rip 20-29 ab
Bagger
Tester

by Fuhrern » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Healthycoww wrote:
Fuhrern wrote:your SS

Even if it is. My 5 man queue was 36 minutes so we abandoned it. It took 18 minutes to get into that game to meet that.

damn that sucks
ive been queueing 1-4 ppl and we get instant pops, 4min has been the longest
Fuhrern
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Rhoen » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:12 pm

Taladril wrote:It has been interesting to me over these last few months to get a glimpse into organized and dedicated pvp. Without a doubt it is the most hardcore play that exists in a game. It is at least equally but I would say more involved than progression raiding - just for the fact that it must be done for hours on end, every day of the week. The planning and scheming and scheduling just for bracket placement is mind boggling. I say all of this for a very simple fact. 80% of the posts here act like prems get to easily steamroll their way to success. There's a saying that goes like this: those that are very good at something make it look easy. Anyone who's been in a bad prem knows that they do not stomp the competition. Good prems are good for a reason. They are good players and come geared with consumables and have good composition and are prepared to work as a team.

These prems do the grind because they want to rank. In vanilla, ranking involves getting more honor than someone else. Not more kills, not more wins, just more honor. However it may happen. Because of that the highest performers must use the most efficient method necessary. They can only hope that that method is not mind numbing at the same time. The last few weeks it was mind numbing and the prems hated it.

It's very taxing to play your A game even when there's only 3 people in the BG against you. Even in a WSG someone will try to take the flag and run the timer down and take the 3rd cap away from the prem. Losing the 3rd cap was a big deal. Imagine that. For me that kind of efficiency wasn't my focus, but it is for rankers. It's huge.

I know this is a lot of talk about nothing in particular, but if I hadn't have done the pvp that I have with literally the best groups on ally side, I would completely and totally have the outlook that most of you have here. Screw the prems, they have it easy. What's the big deal, just wait a few minutes. Blah blah blah. Until you have done it and actually put the time in, I can objectively tell you that you do not get it.

Now for me, I don't have time to do the crazy ranking and what I have done over these last months is literally the most pvp I have ever done in this game and I don't even like it (I'm doing it for the bg reputation if you are wondering). I am the definition of a pug casual in that without the drive I would just join a BG, not have a very good idea of what to do and wonder what the big deal is with these horrible prems who steamroll me. But I've seen the other side. I've seen what they want and what they need to do to get it. I may not understand it, or care about doing it myself, but I do know now what this change will have for them and I feel bad because the system is now set up where ranking is significantly harder. I'm not sure how it can now be done without luck.

The way that the queues used to work initially (not the last bandaid attempt) was the best and fairest method there was. It did involve prems. Pugs would die to them. But the pugs also got games where they were against other pugs. Prems had to fight the hardest in those games and they had to spend a lot of effort to be as good as they were. It wasn't nearly as easy as you may think. But what the original system had before is more fair than what we have now. Being in a prem with a queue of even anything over 5-10 minutes is not a way to effectively rank. Until that changes anyone who wants to rank cannot do so as a prem.

How is this fair to anyone who wants to actually go for the high ranks? It doesn't seem fair to me. What about for the people who are two to three weeks away from their targeted rank? This could completely destroy their chance of getting the rank they need if they can't figure out the system well enough. The bottom line is that this change may be beneficial to puggers, however the consequence is that it has completely removed premading as an option from the game as a means to obtain rank. And that is just wrong.

Wonderfully put Tal.
Rhoen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thirteenb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:35 pm

Healthycoww wrote:
Simonich wrote:If people are bad now in pugs, weren't they bad before? Blame the players here, not the system

Yes, which is why I don't want to play with them. I want to play with my friends instead, but the queue times don't allow me to do that anymore.

Alliance however don't seem to be having any trouble at all getting all theirs in though: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3ko ... .57.02.png

Stfu dodger
Boost <The Council> 60 Night Elf Warrior
Nürburgring 60 Orc Shaman
Thirteenb
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements