BWL and patch 1.6 release

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: BWL and patch 1.6 release

by TheNIF » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:04 am

It can be very hard to satisfy everyone.

I for one am glad the blue pvp set was updated (a band-aid on the gaping wound the non-release of WSG legs left me with :P), it's a small upgrade for a few slots that are impossible to find PvE upgrades for, for feral druids.

Unfortunately by the time the WSG legs are released (if the Nost developers have decided to follow Blizzlike timeline for those for whatever reason), they are pretty much one and a half raid-tiers behind in terms of item-level, since both the AQ40, Emerald Dragon and Naxx-legs all significantly outlevel them.

Interestingly, the epic legs from WSG are lower itemlevel than BWL loot. It is only one itemlevel above MC epics, but below ZG loot, so balance wise it's not like releasing WSG legs now is going to break the item balance.
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gnomey » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:00 am

Not very thrilled that the Rank 12-13 set that I grinded three months for is COMPLETELY replaced by the new Rank 7-10 pieces.. :evil:
Gnomey
Grunt
Grunt

by Datruth » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:02 am

TheNIF wrote:It can be very hard to satisfy everyone.

I for one am glad the blue pvp set was updated (a band-aid on the gaping wound the non-release of WSG legs left me with :P), it's a small upgrade for a few slots that are impossible to find PvE upgrades for, for feral druids.

Unfortunately by the time the WSG legs are released (if the Nost developers have decided to follow Blizzlike timeline for those for whatever reason), they are pretty much one and a half raid-tiers behind in terms of item-level, since both the AQ40, Emerald Dragon and Naxx-legs all significantly outlevel them.

Interestingly, the epic legs from WSG are lower itemlevel than BWL loot. It is only one itemlevel above MC epics, but below ZG loot, so balance wise it's not like releasing WSG legs now is going to break the item balance.

You shouldn't have a "gaping wound" from WSG legs not being released. They aren't supposed to be released yet, just like the new blue pvp gear.
I know it can be very difficult to look further than your own nosetip, but atleast try. I'm sure you're happy that you got something useful, but the undeniable fact is you got it 5 patches early.

And no offense, but you are obviously too clueless for your opinion to be taken even remotely serious.
Judging items by Item level in vanilla is ridiculous. Some of the best warrior gloves across all the patches got item lvl49. And mages pre-raid bis ring got item lvl52 and so on.

I think we can finally call this a funserver without being whiny bitches :roll:
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TheNIF » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:50 am

Datruth wrote:
TheNIF wrote:It can be very hard to satisfy everyone.

You shouldn't have a "gaping wound" from WSG legs not being released.

I don't care what you think I should or should not do. I didn't know the original release order of the gear, so I just tried to guess it from item level. I have been farming WSG like a madman for those pants exactly because I know feral itemization in vanilla wow was bad, so I thought I could try to rectify some of that by pvping alot so I could stay somewhat on-par in PvE. For that reason, having invested so much time in grinding WSG rep I am disappointed that the legs were not released.

I did not ask for or expect the blue pvp set to be updated, and definitely not so that it now outranks the rank13 and 14 pvp gear. I agree, that's just stupid.

Datruth wrote: They aren't supposed to be released yet, just like the new blue pvp gear.

I know they aren't supposed to be according to blizzlike timeline. Problem is, blizzlike timeline is broken. There's no particular reason to follow it unquestioningly if and when not doing so wouldn't break game mechanics or alter the challenge level of currently available content.

Datruth wrote:I know it can be very difficult to look further than your own nosetip

That has never been difficult for me, it comes naturally. It seems difficult for you, though. Looks like according to you, I should replace my own nosetip with yours.

I never requested or demanded or even thought about releasing blue pvp set before it should be. All I thought about was the WSG legs because they could have closed a nasty itemization gap for feral druids. It didn't happen I was sad to find out. Some of the blue pvp set pieces are useful for feral druids in PvE though, because feral druids are so terribly itemized in early vanilla content. So in that context it's a small comfort.

Datruth wrote:I'm sure you're happy that you got something useful, but the undeniable fact is you got it 5 patches early.

Yes I am happy about it and yes it was early. It is not what a I really wanted though, I think even according to your standards the thing I really wanted would have been better compared to what the Nost-devs ended up doing. Suppose they didn't release the updated blue pvp set early, and instead had just released WSG legs early. I think that would have been preferrable for the both of us to what has been done now.

I'd have gotten a pants upgrade and your rank13/14 pvp gear would still be best for pvp.

Datruth wrote:And no offense, but you are obviously too clueless for your opinion to be taken even remotely serious.

You can't accuse a person of being so clueless that their opinion is to be dismissed without consideration and then say you mean no offense. That is a total oxymoron. It is offensive, and stupid frankly.

Datruth wrote:Judging items by Item level in vanilla is ridiculous.

No it isn't. You obviously can't judge an item by the item level ALONE, but it is nevertheless a factor. If an item level 49 glove has 10 strength and 1 crit, then an item level 81 glove should have like 35 strength and 1 crit (rough estimate). That's a significant upgrade.

The item level tells you how many total stats could be added to the item. If the best warrior gloves are item level 49, that means the best warrior gloves are almost 40 item levels behind the best rogue or mage gloves when Naxx comes around (and if this is true for multiple pieces of gear, warriors will end up falling behind performance wise as the classes gear up through the content). If blizzard had been doing their job properly back in the day, they would have made progressively higher item level replacements for those warrior gloves.

It gets harder to compare gear when they don't have the same stats. Gear with weapon skill is absurdly overpowered compared to gear with raw stats like strength and crit. But if both items just have raw stats, generally speaking higher item level gear will also be better.

The best feral druid tanking pants are from BRD. They will remain the best feral tanking pants until AQ40. That means for that particular slot, the druid is gimped in terms of stats compared to other classes because they have much better gear available to upgrade with, both in MC, ZG and BWL. If the WSG legs had been released, they would have closed a small part of that gap. Not exactly game-breaking.

Datruth wrote:Some of the best warrior gloves across all the patches got item lvl49. And mages pre-raid bis ring got item lvl52 and so on.

And the best druid tanking weapon is a lvl43 world drop (Warden staff). Even with Naxx gear, there simply is no replacement. If the same weapon was made into a lvl 81 epic (AQ40 level gear), it would pretty much have double the stats it does.

This is why some classes "off-specs" fall behind performance wise as you progress in content, their itemization in vanilla was crap. It would not break the game and make it a "funserver" if an item here or there is released outside the original chronological order.

Datruth wrote:I think we can finally call this a funserver without being whiny bitches :roll:

I don't agree, and I didn't ask for an update to the blue pvp set and I'd much rather have the epic WSG legs.

They are still inferior for many other classes compared to the gear that is available for them in MC, ZG, and BWL (most classes get their tier-sets). But some uncommon off-specs get fucked. Even retri-pallies get pants in BWL, but there is no non-set leather piece there.
As an example, Rogues get their bloodfangs from Rag and they're significantly better than WSG leather legs (for rogues), warriors get pants in ZG and can even use the BWL retri pally pants (despite them being sub-optimal stat distribution for warriors they are still vastly superior to much/all? blue gear).
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Niko » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:53 am

So, what's up with the update r10 gear now and bwl isn't even a week old?
This happened in a patch with or before Naxxramas if I'm not remembering all wrong.
Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by TheNIF » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:58 am

Niko wrote:So, what's up with the update r10 gear now and bwl isn't even a week old?
This happened in a patch with or before Naxxramas if I'm not remembering all wrong.

You are right, it is very odd and I don't see the point of it. I think they should just have released the WSG pants early (it's one gearslot and really only useful for a couple of classes with unusual offspecs) and left the blue pvp set as it was.
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Oyani » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:39 am

Why do i need to delete WDB folder? What happens if i don't?

Also, when is ZG going to be finished? It's next right? I want my Zulian Defender back! :)
Oyani
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Imbaslap » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:13 am

Imbaslap wrote:
DrearyYew wrote:To be fair, as far as the PvP gear update, the update came waaaaaaaaay too late back in retail. By the time the item update happened, the gear was already years behind other easily obtainable gear and raiding gear.

The logic behind updating the blue PvP set and not the epic set was that the blue set at current levels is slightly worse than that of raid gear, allowing players that don't raid to stay competitive in PvP. Updating the epic sets would give them an advantage over PvE players in PvE settings at this point. The unfortunate side effect of this is that in most cases, the R10 set is better than the R13 set.

As soon as PvE gear is stronger than the updated epic sets, they will update the epic sets.

still not blizzlike and still not in line with how patches were released or with their intended progression of the server....
release it all or don't. you cant be selective because pvpers suck and need rank gear to help them once bwl came out.

Meanwhile, GM resetting Nefarian for one guild so they can progress but ignore other guilds that were stuck on that same bug for over 3 days with no response.. same when bosses got deleted with no loot or chance to retry. sands being deleted by server dumps and forcing guilds to kill chromaggus more than once without sands.
must be nice...

typical GM's changing posts because they know they screwed up and favored one guild during BWL release and gave the middle finger to the entire server that ran into the same PTR Nefarian bug.

shall we post screenshots and recordings of the GM assisting this guild with his name? we can go the route grizzly took if we have to....
Imbaheals
<Blacklisted Raid Leader>
Local Horde Kidnapper of Tarren Mill.
Rift Allstar Cleric 2011-2013
World 1st and 2nds with guilds Addiction/Blackout/Babytown/Trinity.
https://www.youtube.com/user/imbaslap/videos
Imbaslap
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Arucado » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:15 am

Seriously stop crying. At this point i don't fucking care about blizzlike since new blue pvp set had to be added. It was so fucking useless and shitty doing pvp as warr if you were not planning to go higher than rank11.

Finally i can play pvp knowing im gonna get a decent pieces, i don't care about you but i didn't want to wait like 6 months to be able to get a decent pvp gear.

Cya
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Niko » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:22 am

Oyani wrote:Why do i need to delete WDB folder? What happens if i don't?

Also, when is ZG going to be finished? It's next right? I want my Zulian Defender back! :)

I haven't deleted shit, unless you're having issues with the client wdb is the way to go.

Zul'gurub is next yes, there is a timeline.

Last edited by Pottu on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Put some trousers on
Niko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements